Me too man, not too many flying insects I do like except the ones who actually feed on flies and other flying pests. This late in the season I am fortunate enough not to have seen too many house flies, but those damn pesky little fruit fly or shit fly gnats whatever they are... they have been pure hell all year. Had to hang fly strips around the place to keep em from running me outa here. Getting ready to load this thing up in a few and see how it does on them. All it takes is an empty beer or soda can (or a full one) sitting around and they will be all around it. Getting ready to be sprayin some salt I know that...lol!

Will let ya know.... boxing.gif

LOL you guys know me too well in some ways! Of course I'm not about to leave well enough alone with any firearm and this thing definitely applies. I already started fitting it with rails, a red dot, and currently working on a stock for it. Sighted in the red dot last night and took out some spiders.... 027.gif

HAha actually the bore is too tiny for that, but a .177 cal BB will almost fit. Maybe some small shot...lol! Hmmm maybe some special made Angel Hair flechettes are in order for muzzle loading. haha.gif

• Like 1

I love that! I may have to borrow it! haha.gif And you are spot on!

IDK about the little yellow demons yet but you can bet your ass I'll find out. I know it will knock a beer can over at 2-3 feet though. LOL!

Working on that "looking stock" thing later on maybe after the beer gets to flowing again and the Russian steel dust clears in here from working on left side charging handles for Saigas.

It's gonna have the Russian UF stock, quad rails, forward grip, red dot, maybe a left side charging handle, a small laser, tac light, and finish it off with a Krink booster brake. BUWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! anger.gif

OH.... and a sling...lol.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

OK I had another night "off" with some beers, and had a chance to mess with the bug gun conversion again. I know I have work to do and customers waiting, so y'all please allow me some down time to regroup sometimes. Gotta take a night off once in awhile or go friggin CRAZY. wacko.pnghorror.gif

So anyway, I'm done for now "adapting" this bug blaster to better fit my needs. I think it came out pretty badass! wink.png

post-1293-0-98008800-1354421352_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-42666500-1354421459_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-33434300-1354421478_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-23067100-1354421506_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-00016000-1354421538_thumb.jpg

Done... time to go bug huntin! wink.png

post-1293-0-61580300-1354420663_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-19042500-1354420756_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-46589500-1354420770_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-59351800-1354420830_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-69475700-1354420865_thumb.jpg

post-1293-0-61863500-1354422384_thumb.jpg

Oh shit there's a big one!!! lol

post-1293-0-53202300-1354420952_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Well Done Sir!

Did you do anything to increase the power?

Thanks it was fun and a good distraction, while waiting to get to work, getting creative with my new Vepr-12! Now it's finally here so look out!

Increasing the power could be done by increasing spring pressure... but with all factory parts (besides springs, screws, and barrel) being plastic, that may not be a good idea. It doesn't need any more really IMO, It already can waste a fly, small spider, or other soft bodied insect..... and like I said will knock an aluminum can over with no problem from a couple of feet with only a pinch of salt. Pretty sufficient for it's designed purpose...lol!

This is about the only time I have appreciated an underfolder.

I am still waiting on the question of whether it actually works well for killing flies.

I love the underfolder AKs because they have a fully functional stock that's very solid, yet folds out of the way better than any other folder. Side folders are kinda awkward an unbalanced IMO. Takes a little getting used to appreciating the wide metal horse shoe shape of the butt....but it eventually grew on me with my Polish UF. I'm sure you prolly know you can also fit an UF with one of those rubber 'grenade launching" butt pads. They are designed for it.

With the weather having warmed up very nicely the past few days here in NC, ( high 60's the last couple, 72 degrees today, and 74 tomorrow hell yes!) it should be easy to actually confirm the fact it kills flies. Never in my life have I actually wanted to see some flies...LOL! Weird? I feel like I'm deer hunting here... all you need to do around here is carry a rifle or shotgun into the woods, to guarantee you won't see a deer. Without one, I see them all the time right out in the yard! Go figure... It's kinda like going bass fishing with a camera in your tacklebox....lol.

Anyway I have a piece of lunchmeat sitting outside on the front porch rail... so it won't be long now....confirmation is coming! 011.gif

How did it work on the spiders. I would like to use one on slugs and snails in the garden too. they hate salt.

On small spiders nesting on my back porch columns, it was really funny! They nest up high near the ceiling, so one well aimed blast and the spider jerks violently...lol... then slowly falls while lowering itself to the base of the column by it's last web....hahahaha! Then stumbles around all drunk looking with broken legs, looking like a Mike Tyson victim...hahaha! boxing.gif Reminds me of that "Spiders On Drugs" video on youtube. 021.gif

Can you still work the slide with the stock folded? unsure.png

Flash hider... ROFL! biggrin.png

Well until I have time to make some more changes, no... but I do have a plan for that and it's gonna rock... wink.png Already have the parts that are just sitting around in the bin.

000.gif

George Carlin once said, "You nail together two things that have never been nailed together before, and some schmuck will buy it from you."

When you finish yours, you should write the maker of the Bug-A-Salt and see if he wants to market the Cobra Custom A-Salt-Weapon ® 022.gif

Edited by Ronin38
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

wonder how well sand would work.

Sand is crushed rock and would not break down if it got caught in the internal parts and could grind them down or break them. Also, sand would remain on the floor/in the carpet after being fired and, being heavier, would settle deeper and resist vacuuming.

My qustion is still: Can that per-shot safety be disassembled or disengaged?