Hello all, I've recently purchased a converted Saiga 20 ga. and am new to the scene. I've tried running the cheap shells and found out quick that it won't work. I've decided to make some changes to the gun to help it cycle more efficiently. I was looking into different gas plugs and really like the MD Arms 5 position plug although can only find them for the 12ga. Are these interchangeable with the 20? I'm open to all views and opinions so feel free to comment and also give tips on other must do upgrades. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Most people also polish the bolt and carrier,hammer, and rails to help the gun cycle more smoothly. Also most people have a problem with the Winchester bulk ammo. The federal bulk works much better and make sure you have the gas vlave on setting 2 when firing low brass. I just shot mine after converting it and oddly enough I had a few FTFs (failure to feeds) with my new SGM 12 round stick mags and my new Md 20 drum worked flawlessly without changing the spring tension!

First, is the gun working with slugs (federal / winchester). Second, go for the carolina shooting supplies "reliability kit : spring, md arms plug, performance puck". Third, is your gun smooth when charging it.... if is smooth don't polish anything...check link inside forum for polishing on saiga 12. Fourth, last step if it goes ugly.... perform the gas block removal and enlarge the actual gas ports...check link inside the forum....