Bought a new ak47 and the dealer wont give it up

some city/states have a pre check or some application to own a firearm, not just the firearm its self but a background check for a firearm voucher.. just the little i know

If you're talking about a "purchase permit" we have them here in NY, but that's only for handguns.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd call the police directly into the store and let them sort it out, he cannot simply hold your property indefinitely. He sure as hell took your money to perform the Transfer.

I say call the local ATF and see what they say, I'm sure he won't enjoy the extra attention from them.

This isn't complicated. If he can't (or won't) lawfully transfer it, he needs to put it back in the box, send it back to K-Var, and log it out of his bound book. That is SOP industry wide.   Anythin

Sounds pretty odd. But all I can say is if you deal in shady business you get shady business men. It sounds to me like you are dealing in pretty shady business. Buying firearms that are banned in your state or county? How about moving to a new state vs trying to dodge the law. Maybe then you will get some honest business people and decent laws you dont have to be shady to dodge.

This isn't complicated. If he can't (or won't) lawfully transfer it, he needs to put it back in the box, send it back to K-Var, and log it out of his bound book. That is SOP industry wide.

Anything else is bullshit.

• Like 7

This isn't complicated. If he can't lawfully transfer it, he needs to put it back in the box, and send it back to K-Var.

Ya, but the buyer lives in one of the most strict gun law counties in the country yet tried to buy a banned firearm. Call me a paranoid conspiracy theorist but for all we know the gun shop owner could have the police chief in his pocket and see a free gun. The buyer should have never tried to purchase it knowing the law but at the same time the shop owner should never have accepted it. But who knows.

Correct me if Im wrong but the OP did state he lives in CROOK County?

This isn't complicated. If he can't (or won't) lawfully transfer it, he needs to put it back in the box, send it back to K-Var, and log it out of his bound book. That is SOP industry wide.

Thread Winner... End of Story.

• Like 2

Thread Winner... End of Story.

No, thread winner is OP asking for this thread to be deleted and playing stupid, never admitting he knows he can not legally own an "assault weapon" where he resides. Then following legal procedure to get the issue taken care of to either recover his money or obtain the firearm legally.

As an FFL, I second this. If he refuses to send it back, call your local ATF industry operations office.

Edited by DLT
  • Like 1

Chevy,

Your point is reasonable and correct. If you know you can't lawfully own or possess something where you live - don't order it, and then make it your FFL's problem.

• Like 2

"May elect" is the operable term here. Even if you fill out a 4473 transfer application, and get a "proceed" response from FBI, your transferring FFL is under no obligation to transfer a firearm to you. If for any reason he/she is uncomfortable with the transaction, your FFL may decline the transfer.

What you are describing is completely bizarre. Good luck sorting it out.

• Like 1

So they should send it back at least ..but hes refusing that also..he can send it right down the street to the other gun shop and they will do the transfer and i told him he can keep the 45 i paid him for the transfer and still no

So the atf will be called tommorow and also the local police and he can deal with them i guess un till my attorney get involed

Wow! Let me understand this,the guy holding it is an advanced member here? Gotta be more to it! This is a crazy story! Hope everything works out!

No, the Advanced Member is knowingly trying to import a banned weapon into his county. More to it you say? Maybe the FFL doesn't want to be in the paper trail of such an import.

Wow! Let me understand this,the guy holding it is an advanced member here? Gotta be more to it! This is a crazy story! Hope everything works out!

No, the Advanced Member is knowingly trying to import a banned weapon into his county. More to it you say? Maybe the FFL doesn't want to be in the paper trail of such an import.

For all he knows the Dealer already reported him to the ATF and is holding the rifle for them/local authority to pick up. Who knows.

This I why I will never, ever, live in Chicago - Cook county. Fuck them, Fuck Daley, Fuck Rhom Emanuel. Living in FOID country is bad enough, but the bullshit you guys deal with up there is stomping on the Second Ammendment. Forgot, FUCK O-BOTS, and LIBTARDS.

This I why I will never, ever, live in Chicago - Cook county. Fuck them, Fuck Daley, Fuck Rhom Emanuel. Living in FOID country is bad enough, but the bullshit you guys deal with up there is stomping on the Second Ammendment. Forgot, FUCK O-BOTS, and LIBTARDS.

Would be happy to have another fire fighter down here in the south big_smile.gif

• Like 2

Im in Illinois too, so I know what a pain it is getting stuff shipped to Cook county.

Which is why I, and everyone else in Illinois other than the OP, buy our stuff in Will County. Seriously, its like 10 minutes away and you don't deal with the BS. There's a guy out here doing $20 transfers, nd I've heard of a $10 transfer guy.

I would call your credit card company, explain the situation, and ask for a charge back. That's why I always use plastic when possible, if something goes wrong its a no hassle solution.

You can also file a complaint with the state attorney generals office and since it was shipped from out of state the interstate commerce commison may also be able to help. Sometimes calling ALL the dogs to the fight makes it a lot shorter. I had a problem with an insurance company one time that refused to pay a covered expense. After much arguing and debating I called EVERY related government agency and elected officials office and Emailed them daily. After 15 months of arguing this ended the debate in under a week, they paid the bill and gave me their "sincere" apoligies!

Im in Illinois too, so I know what a pain it is getting stuff shipped to Cook county.

Which is why I, and everyone else in Illinois other than the OP, buy our stuff in Will County. Seriously, its like 10 minutes away and you don't deal with the BS. There's a guy out here doing $20 transfers, nd I've heard of a $10 transfer guy.

I would call your credit card company, explain the situation, and ask for a charge back. That's why I always use plastic when possible, if something goes wrong its a no hassle solution.

This may be the fast fix as KVAR would call or report the local FFL (for theft) maybe for not physically getting the rifle in your hands provided you did not sign the 4473 form (which would mean you received the rifle (at least on paper).. I'd be taking a real BIG picture of the 'racked' rifles with some of the store in the background to show ALL the 'bad/black' rifles in case the shmo decides to bury them before the police show up.. at least you'll have evidence that the dealer knowingly sells them.. town council may want to know as well..

Edited by YWHIC

So today was a productive day, after telling all my friends about the situation my one buddie said he knew a elmwood park detective and gave me his number. I went to the shop with him and he pretty much ripped he a new asshole . It was awsome. So pretty much he said that if he did not either turn over the weapon to me or ship it back to Kvar he would be filing a stolen gun report and coming back to arrest him. You should have seen the look on this assholes face classic. Like O shit i fucked up. So after that he agreed to send it back. I called Kvar right after that and told her of the situation and she said she would be sending out a call tag to retrive the rifle and then shipping back to the gun shop down the street were there will be no problems. She said i may have to pay for shipping again but she will see if she can get that waved. That put a smile on my face. Then i though time to shit all over this guy. Call my chicago office of the ATF and let them know of how he was doing pre checks for the NICS before guns were even shipped to him. Then i called OSHA and let them know about the lack of ventalation in the range and how i was afraid there may be hi levels of lead in the air. That put a big shit eating grin on my face. I am far from done with this guy but i though that was a good starting point.

• Like 1

Sounds strange. Another possible explaination is , he physically does not have the rifle . He lost it, sold it out from under you ( illegal ), or was forced ( criminally ) to give it to parties unknown and does not want it to get out what happened. If that is true, what could it have been involved in? Have him produce the rifle and verify it against the serial # of the one sent from KVAR.