Bought a new ak47 and the dealer wont give it up

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd call the police directly into the store and let them sort it out, he cannot simply hold your property indefinitely. He sure as hell took your money to perform the Transfer.

I say call the local ATF and see what they say, I'm sure he won't enjoy the extra attention from them.

This isn't complicated. If he can't (or won't) lawfully transfer it, he needs to put it back in the box, send it back to K-Var, and log it out of his bound book. That is SOP industry wide.   Anythin

Actually he is not in the wrong on the NICS check. It can be run as soon as purchase verification is received. In other words as soon as money changes hands and the weapon is paid for. Per our ATF agent you can run the NICS check and start the 3 day wait if required as usually the wait is state sponsored and not ATF sponsored so they really don't care. NICS check is good for up to 30 days for a weapon and you have to sign the 4473 twice. Once when requesting the check and there is a second signature block to take possession of the firearm.

yes it is all the shops sell them here and ive bought then in cook county before , and i dont see any gun shops getting shut down, also the owner said he refuses to do the transfer as a buisness owner he has the right to. im just glad that i am getting my rifle finally

Edited by chicagosfinest

yes it is all the shops sell them here and ive bought then in cook county before , and i dont see any gun shops getting shut down, also the owner said he refuses to do the transfer as a buisness owner he has the right to. im just glad that i am getting my rifle finally

Speeding is illegal and people do it every day, only some get caught...

every shop in cook county sells them i can think of at least 4 off hand, and they have been around for like 10 plus years . Dont u think if they were so illeagal they would close the shops, it not like they are a secret and u need a pasword to get in

Now if you have them in city limits. chicago PD will bust you, other than that no one bats an eye, shit i have to register all my guns with my town police department and they dont say any thing and i have 2 ak47's, ar15, ar10, a galil and a mac11, all registered in cook county and never had a problem so explain that and countless handguns

Edited by chicagosfinest

that makes no sense what so ever, it is a law that is ony inforced by the city of chicago, no other goverment entity gives to shit and the director or the state police publicly said they would not inforce the law

is your avatar directed towards yourself

Funny, you telling me what makes sense. Yet you couldnt construct a logical sentence using the English language if it slapped you in the damn face.

Public school?

• Like 2

Chicago,

fair warning, ever hear about wrestling with pigs in the mud?

You end up muddy and the pig likes it.

Chicago meet Chevy.

No offense Chevy, but he knows not with whom he butts heads.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 2

When two trains meet each other at a railroad crossing, each shall come to a full stop, and neither shall proceed until the other has gone. every hear of that chevy thats a law in texas and i dont see any one inforcing that, stupid laws dont get inforced same thing with ban on assualt rifles becouse its not its a rifle just like any other semi auto one

how about a Austin law of Wire cutters can not be carried in your pocket. O shit arrest every electriction in the town

So I am still wondering why the FFL did an early call to NCIS knowing this weapon was inbound, then turns around and says it's his right not to transfer it to you? He must of had plans for your rifle not involving you. I hope the fucktard gets burned.

The difference between something being legal as opposed to being "not enforced" is that the FFL still has the law on his side and the detective cannot force him to break it. I still think there is something missing here that explains this guy's unwillingness to go through with this.
  • Like 2

Not my first language buddy

My guess is the shop owner tried to take advantage of this. He KNEW that the gun being shipped to his shop was. Legal or not. He should have refused at that point. If the shop owner KNEW the gun DID NOT belong in the county WHY did he let the transfer go ahead and take the cash for it? He should loose his FFL. Are there any FFLs out there that do transfers and not know that the hell they are getting??? Never done one so I realy have no clue. Edited by rnemhrd

have we established what configuration it was in, and if the buyer resides in cook county?

you can do the paperwork to transfer weapons, but cannot mark them out of your books, and only have XX hours to do so, upon paperwork.

I agree with above, we are not given all relevant information. the gun so far has been described as an "ak47" so far as i can tell, and nothing more. ceratin configurations are not legal in that BEAUTIFUL state, and residents of cook county (NOT buyers in cook county, but RESIDENTS OF) cannot have ak pattern in most forms

single post in this thread, good luck. hope it works out.

if i got a proceed on any firearms, the transaction is finished, and i would be bringing the sherriff to seize my property. if its a folder or prohibited, then id deal with it, if i were that out of synch with my local laws.

what confiugration is the firearm? anyone ask that yet, and i just missed it?

you cant write the gun out of your books, if the transfer goes through, and then not give the person it. otherwise, you wouldnt have all these NFA guys filing for serial #'s ahead of time for the overpriced toys we all must have.

once the transfer goes through, they cannot do shit with it, and technically, you can sieze it. unless it is illegally configured.

ive had people in california that should know better try to pull that crap on me at work.

its a fine line, but i dont think we have all of the facts, not to diss noone.

on the other side, if you ordered something like a folding stock in the county, then yes, the FFL SHOULDNT hand it ovetr to you, as it is illegal in your area. HOWEVER they shouldnt have done the NICS check, and as such, it is YOUR property that you cannot take possession of legally, and has to be sold/sent someplace else.

Edited by Ben Vampatella