Not new to Saiga rifles tho. Had a 7.62 and sold it to fund an AR. Shot it a bit and missed the AK platform so I decided to go with 5.45 this time. Cheap ammo and a design I love so it was a no brainer. Haven't converted yet, but do plan to.

My question is what mags are you guys using? Anybody like those tapco polymer mags? How good are they?

Also, scope or do on your actual rifle? I want a scope but only if I get a mount that allows me to still use my irons. I'm interested to see what kind of accuracy this thing is capable of.

Nice to see a few familiar "faces" around here too.

I mostly use surplus mags, but they are getting expensive. I always check the marketplaces on differt sites for people selling them at a decent price. I do have 2 of the Tapco mags though. They work fine but I doubt they'll last forever. I've never had a scope on mine, but I did instal a windage adjustable rear sight leaf and I hit about a 2" group at 100 yards.

Best I could do with irons on mine is around 3.5, but more around 4-4.5" consistantly if I do my part. And that is with swapping out the front sight post with a very thin one, similar to what comes on a Vepr rifle.

I dont know if I'd want to turn a scope into a carry handle. lol. But if your going to run one that high, try to find a mount that sits low enough, and then rings that also wont interfere with the iron sight picture. For me, Ive found it easier to use a quick release mount, and have your irons already sighted in, so you can just swap them as needed.

Not new to Saiga rifles tho. Had a 7.62 and sold it to fund an AR. Shot it a bit and missed the AK platform so I decided to go with 5.45 this time. Cheap ammo and a design I love so it was a no brainer. Haven't converted yet, but do plan to.

My question is what mags are you guys using? Anybody like those tapco polymer mags? How good are they?

Tapco 5.45 mags run well in the Saiga and may not require a bullet guide installed.