I love you, Firebird

My handguard came in Monday, and I'm loving it. If anyone was curious, yes it's worth every penny

Here's my 1919 thus far (the magpul angled foregrip works wonders):

Arsenal.jpg

The handguard has a LITTLE side to side wobble, but I'm hoping to get it snug soon. Other than that, very VERY satisfied. I'm also ordering a ToothAndNail armory handguard off CSS because I love how small the handguard is. It seems to fit the hand well.

post-44260-0-75041500-1353531883_thumb.jpg

Edited by FoxHound
  • Like 1

Damn thats slick! Is that the full length (long) HG? How's the weight? I ordered the original (short), because I thought the short one already looked heavy but that looks badass and not too heavy.

Yeah, its the full length long version

The weight is not too bad. Def noticeable from the stock 1919, but the average man can do a course with this setup

EDIT: you cant shoot 3inch shells in the short HG

Edited by FoxHound

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/pdfs/MKA_Handguard_Instructions.pdf

"Short version only allows for the use of low cost, low recoil ammunition"

I took that as for only being able to run light loads, but if Jim says itll run any 2 3/4 shells, then you should be fine. I don't really ever use 3 inch magnum rounds, but I didnt want to limit myself anyhow

It looks like there is no picatinny rail on the sides; just on the top of the handguard. So where would you mount a weapons light?

There is a rail on the bottom, the left side has a charging handle and you can put a rail on the right side.

It looks like there is no picatinny rail on the sides; just on the top of the handguard. So where would you mount a weapons light?

Mine came with a rail on the right side (the one without the charging handle) and a rail on the bottom. I mounted my AFG on the bottom and I'll mount my surefire light on the right side rail once my mount comes in

Mine came with a rail on the right side (the one without the charging handle) and a rail on the bottom. I mounted my AFG on the bottom and I'll mount my surefire light on the right side rail once my mount comes in

Thanks for the info. Just ordered a handguard.

on each handguard the Top and bottom rails can interchange, but not between long and short.

Left and right sides can interchange to make the charging system left or right.

The accessory rail interchanges between both long and short handguards, (it is the same overall length of the short handguard)

Jim

Could the bottom rail just be left off for people with small hands- have a hard time gripping the quad rails on my dads s12 ?

I build guns for competition shooters, they do not use rails on the bottom or side, they are too rough for speed shooting.

We make a smooth cover for the bottom of the short handguard for that purpose.

I think Centerfire puts rails on both top and bottom.

If you contact me, I will trade out your pic rail for a smooth cover.

Jim

• Like 1

Jim,

If you plan on conducting business here on the forum please obtain a business account otherwise, you are in violation of the member VS business member regulations. If you need assistance with this please PM me for further details.

Respectfully,

Gunny NR

Jim would make a great partner on this site since there are a lot of competition shooters here. My short HG came in yesterday and I love it love it love it!!!!red_heart.gif It came with three rails too! I'm glad I held out for this forend. I almost went with someone else since originally you had to send your weapon in to have it installed. I have separation anxiety with my weapons greedy.gif. Now it is a simple, drop in installation! Well worth the money! Above and beyond the crappy factory setup with the front nut that can never stay tightened and flimsy HGs w/o heat shields!!! The left side CH is pure genius and makes this the HG to get! This will make a great race gun for sure!

• Like 1

Jim would make a great partner on this site since there are a lot of competition shooters here. My short HG came in yesterday and I love it love it love it!!!!red_heart.gif It came with three rails too! I'm glad I held out for this forend. I almost went with someone else since originally you had to send your weapon in to have it installed. I have separation anxiety with my weapons greedy.gif. Now it is a simple, drop in installation! Well worth the money! Above and beyond the crappy factory setup with the front nut that can never stay tightened and flimsy HGs w/o heat shields!!! The left side CH is pure genius and makes this the HG to get! This will make a great race gun for sure!

Three rails?

You mean a top rail, bottom rail, and side rail right?

Three rails?

You mean a top rail, bottom rail, and side rail right?

Yes. I covered them all with Tapco panel rail covers. I Think I'm going to remove the right side rail to reduce the weight some.