Where to file the ProMag 10 round magazine to make it fit?

New Saiga 12 owner here, and I picked up a couple of ProMag 10 round magazines.

Like most, I am experiencing where the back of the magazine doesn't click into the release catch. I have read that they come with instructions but my magazines didn't come with any.

I emailed ProMag, and here is the reply that I received...

Most of the time, if you pull on the magazine really tight it will engauge the magazine catch. If not, follow the rear notch of the magazine catch with a steel file (go really slow and check for fitment frequently).

Okay, I tried pulling the magazine in tight, but that didn't work. So, if I am reading this correctly...I need to file the area just under the magazine catch on the back of the magazine? Like...increase the space between the bottom of the rear magazine catch and the metal clip on thet back that acts as the feed lips?

I may be making it more complicated than it is, I just don't want to screw up a new magazine to where it cannot be used. Thanks for any help, I looked all over the place for exact instructions and came up empty. I am sure I am just missing it somewhere.

Here are directions for fitting an MD arms drum which will be basically the same as any other magazine.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/30195-the-right-way-to-fit-your-drum/

Now for the bad news if you read on here you will find MOST hate promag products and have had lots of problems with them. There are a few that have stated that they have not had any problems, but you have it now might as well make it work. best of luck

Pro-Mags work fine. The pro mag 20 just needed a little plastic shaved off with a razor (or sharp knife) about a 1/16th of an inch on the sides - leave the front catch along (its a metal insert anyways)

It is excess plastic on the back half of the mouth of the magazine, it prevents the magazine from clicking in the rear part. The front nub catches on the front of the mag well just fine.

If you 'press-fit' the plastic magazine you might see where the metal of the magwell marked the area of plastic that needs to be trimmed. I don't have my mags here so I can't upload a photo of it. But I have 2 ProMag 20s and they work fine. I read the same instructions. lol