Sorry, remakes are a product of an industry deviod of originality. It IS a remake of a film that already exists. Take a neat or classic old film and fuck it up, because they can't come up with anything new and interesting.

I agree....to an extent. The industry is devoid of originality because to be original is risky and as much as the movie industry wants to be perceived as "art" it's a business just like any other and what matters is the bottom line, ticket sales. Industry bean counters could care less if a movie becomes a cult classic and to a lesser extent if it does well on DVD or spawns other products. It's all about ticket sales NOW so the sometimes astonishingly high cost of production can be recouped asap.

So, one thing that will guarantee a certain amount of ticket sales is name recognition. Find a movie that was made before the "modern" era, before CGI that has a following, insert the latest heart throbs, sprinkle with "action" (explosions, gunfire, blood) and it will attract an audience. And as is said, any publicity is good publicity...the fact we're talking about it here even though many are panning the movie is still good because many will want to see it for themselves.

The movie industry is devoid of originality because those who write the checks don't have the balls to take a chance on something new. Name recognition, "star" recognition is a way for them to hedge their bets.

• Like 1

I don't go to the movies anymore. I'd rather watch at home. The popcorn's not $8, I can mix my own drinks, pause if I want, and there's no 'tards yammering the whole way through the movie fucking it up.

Amen brother... Plus they don't sell Coors or make whiskey and Cokes, pizza, or hot wings, steak and potatoes, or cheese and meat platters. Thank God, because if they did, the movie would cost me and the ole Lady around $ 1,200.00 to watch at their prices!!

• Like 1

Wow. After reading that review I'm thinking I'd better rush out and see it soon! Thanks for shatting on my hopes that this was going to be a good movie. Guess I'll just play Wolverines with my buddies at the semi-permanent tactical shooting range we built last weekend.

Seriously? North Koreans? They may be trying to take us over, but only with that damn Gangnam Style of theirs!

I heard China was fuming pissed that they were the villains in the remake, and since they have the money, they probably blackmailed the SOB's in Hollyweird to change it. "You change piece of chit movie or we take away awl our pwastic cwrap fwom your pwecious Walmawrts!"

Edited by slippingaway

Slippingaway, a Chinese company purchased the production studio during the making of the film. They were the ones to demand the digital post-editing of the movie.

You can still pretend that China is the main invasion force, since about the only time North Korea is mentioned is at the intro clip of the movie. They didn't even really bother to change the main bad guy's very obviously Chinese name.

The movie was OK. I didn't have high expectations going in, so I wasn't let down. Let's face it, the original movie is pretty damn cheesy and has some cringe-worthy moments.

Special effects and fight scenes are generally well done, except for several scenes in which all of the characters would have been left with broken legs in real life. I appreciate that the kids in this movie actually look like young kids, vs. the 20-somethings in the original.

All in all, decent popcorn flick that is worthy of a big screen and sound system to enjoy it the most. If you have that at home, wait for DVD.

it was ok, id rate it 5 out of ten. might watch it again, someday, but not two day.

Im glad i didnt pay to see it, got in for free. wait till netflix has it. its watchable, is all i can say. totally not how it would go down, but still an interesting slide on the original.

this is not something like avatar or star wars, that you HAVE to see on a 60 foot screen.....you will feel cheated out of your money if you go pay 20 bucks a head, and 2 grand for a thing of popcorn....

I wish it was better than the original, but im sorry guys, its not.