Hey, quick question folks:

Does anyone know for certain what the surplus amd65 muzzle brake's threads are?

https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/21_69/products_id/453

i hear the tapco extension on the rifles civies buy are 14x1 LH, and it would seem common sense that the surplus brake is threaded the same, but i do want to make sure, because i have this idea to [oh come on now, i cant tell you that.. nobody else has done this yet.. no its not going on an amd] and with those parts being 10 bucks a piece, i figure i could get a couple of them if my idea is correct.

Thanks.

yes it is 14x1lh

as for playing around with an amd brake, i have tried cutting one up and welding it to the front of an ak74 brake to see if i can make a loud brake even louder. it came out pretty ugly and i scrapped using it, but if you wanna play around with this idea as well please tell us the results smile.png

Edited by m1lk

well i wouldnt be cutting anything up or welding anything. im currently working on an unrelated project [the stock to a mosin is being stained and is actually hanging a couple feet from me] but when i get around to it ill make sure to document and share, just in case anyone else is interested in the idea.

how do you mean by "it came out pretty ugly"? just didnt match all that well?

well i wouldnt be cutting anything up or welding anything. im currently working on an unrelated project [the stock to a mosin is being stained and is actually hanging a couple feet from me] but when i get around to it ill make sure to document and share, just in case anyone else is interested in the idea.

how do you mean by "it came out pretty ugly"? just didnt match all that well?

i aligned it using the "that looks about right to me" method before welding. bad idea. so might have to redo it again

• Like 1