New .223 Saiga

A couple weeks ago I ordered a converted .223 Saiga from J&G Sales. It arrived last week. When I showed it to my wife her reaction was, "It looks just like your other gun." (referring to my 7.62x39 Saiga). I plan on sending it to Definitive Arms for them to do their AR mag conversion on it. I also plan on putting either a folding stock or an adjustable AR style stock on it. Can't wait to take it out to put some rounds through it.

2012-11-16_17-04-38_180.jpg

Simple and tasteful conversion.

I understand it arrived with barrel threaded (and "birdcage" on)?

Looking forward to see it with DA mag well.

Just curious: what kind of folding stock do you keep in mind?

Also, do you plan on folding it to the left (Russian AKS style) or to the right (SIG556 and others)?

Take it out on a date to the local Range or into the dark woods, and let us know how she behaved.

Edited by Sgt. Raven

My rifle came with the flash hider already installed. I like the looks of the ACE stocks. I've read that some people say their ACE stocks are a little loose. Not sure if that's an installation issue or what. I think I'll have it fold to the left so the rifle can still be fired with it folded. If it's folded to the right I think operating the charging handle and safety could be an issue. The issue I'm struggling with now is do I cut the tang or don't cut the tang. If I cut the tang are there M4 style stock adapters that I can still use without having a tang?

You have a choice of "tang-less" adapters. I've got mine from (then) MSA for use with ACE folding mechanism with AR buffer tube interface.

CSS sells adapters as well.

If I'm not mistaken, ACE is also offering them.

I cut the tang and never looked back.

To me it looked cleaner and makes gun more compact, more AKS-looking.

A couple weeks ago I ordered a converted .223 Saiga from J&G Sales. It arrived last week. When I showed it to my wife her reaction was, "It looks just like your other gun." (referring to my 7.62x39 Saiga). I plan on sending it to Definitive Arms for them to do their AR mag conversion on it. I also plan on putting either a folding stock or an adjustable AR style stock on it. Can't wait to take it out to put some rounds through it.

Nice rifle. Did it come with a bullet guide and what type of mags can you use with it?

Thanks!

Nice rifle. Did it come with a bullet guide and what type of mags can you use with it?

Thanks!

Yes, it came with a bullet guide. My 7.62x39 AK came with the bullet guide welded in. This one has it screwed in. I think I like it being screwed instead of welded. If something goes wrong with it screwed in makes changing it easier than welded in.

Right now Galil magazines work with it. I plan on adding an AR mag adapter so it will use AR mags since I already have a bunch of those and they're cheaper and easier to find.