100 yard penny shot

A single shot doesn't really tell much. A one-timer on the penny would be awesome, but if it can't be replicated, then it could just be a fluke. Either way, I wouldn't have expected to see the penny fracture like that. Then again, zinc is probably not as ductile as copper.

• Like 1

A single shot doesn't really tell much. A one-timer on the penny would be awesome, but if it can't be replicated, then it could just be a fluke. Either way, I wouldn't have expected to see the penny fracture like that. Then again, zinc is probably not as ductile as copper.

^^^^^ what he said. I hit a thumb taks at 100 yards with my Winchester 45 colt lever action and open sights but I would have a hard time doing that again. But hey nice shot anyway

i shot this penny at 100 yards today..with iron sights..with an ak..

I can do it every time i go shooting..its a training thing for me. Aim Small, Miss Small.

I call bullshit. Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 1

i dont have any super vision.. i just colored a 3 inch area of the target black right below the penny so at 100 yards i would have a general idea where it was..its a lucky shot for sure im not saying i can do it every time but i can do it more than once thats for sure..have u ever heard the expression "aim small, miss small" ? thats the idea..

i dont have any super vision.. i just colored a 3 inch area of the target black right below the penny so at 100 yards i would have a general idea where it was..its a lucky shot for sure im not saying i can do it every time but i can do it more than once thats for sure..have u ever heard the expression "aim small, miss small" ? thats the idea..

ok i know what u guys are saying but i can do it every time i go shooting..its a training thing for me. Aim Small, Miss Small.

Contradictory statements = You're full of shit.
  • Like 1

u guys need to get a life..i shot that penny at 100 yards..ive done it many times before..why would i lie about a shot like that? its not even that hard if u fuckin knuckle heads would retain what u read u would understand that its not that hard...color in a spot below the penny so u can see a black mark..now u know where to aim..of course u cant see something that small from that distance..i think u guys find it hard to believe because if u did believe it you would be jelous...this forum is full of childeren...next weekend when i go shooting ill video tape it being done.

ok i know what u guys are saying but i can do it every time i go shooting..its a training thing for me. Aim Small, Miss Small.

.................your mama is full of shit.

u guys need to get a life..i shot that penny at 100 yards..ive done it many times before..why would i lie about a shot like that? its not even that hard if u fuckin knuckle heads would retain what u read u would understand that its not that hard...color in a spot below the penny so u can see a black mark..now u know where to aim..of course u cant see something that small from that distance..i think u guys find it hard to believe because if u did believe it you would be jelous...this forum is full of childeren...next weekend when i go shooting ill video tape it being done.

and it is not a contradictory statment..i can do it at least once every range trip..not every shot..moron.

and it is not a contradictory statment..i can do it at least once every range trip..not every shot..moron.

Saying we are all like children then throwing in a your Mama Insult now that is being contradictory

Edited by pony_express1973

Let me break this down, Barney style for you.

Your 762 saiga's mechanical accuracy, with the best ammunition, is probably 2 MOA, or about two inches at 100 yards... That is much larger than a penny, meaning that anytime you actually hit something smaller than 2 MOA in one shot, its just pure fucking luck. Given enough shots, you're virtually mathematically guaranteed to eventually hit it.

Real shooters are going to be much more impressed with you holding all your shots within that 3 inch mark rather than randomly hitting a penny within some group of an unknown size. But... I'm willing to bed your 100 yard bench grouping with your 762 saiga and open sights is probably between 4 and 6 inches... which is, guess what, average.

So, we're not jealous... we're just smarter.

• Like 1

Hell, I'm proud to keep it on paper at 100 yards sometimes, but then my old "expert marksman" eyes aren't the same at 53 as they were back when I was in the service and shooting a hell of a lot more than I do now. I have yet to get the scope on both my Saiga and my new .50 blackpowder inline set as well as I'd like, the Saiga was still hitting about 3" low and to the right at 100 yards and the .50 was about 2" low and to the right when I left my shooting spot, never enough hours in the day for shooting everything that I want...

• Like 1

I didn't read his comments as every time he shoots the gun, but understood it as every time he goes shooting? This is completely possible, mark around the penny using that mark as an aiming reference, squeeze off a magazine full of ball ammo, and you'll probably hit it... makes sense to me.

I didn't read his comments as every time he shoots the gun, but understood it as every time he goes shooting? This is completely possible, mark around the penny using that mark as an aiming reference, squeeze off a magazine full of ball ammo, and you'll probably hit it... makes sense to me.

WOW! finally someone that knows how to read..thanks man..and why is it so hard for people to understand this? i dont know..also i can hit a coke can at 200 yards almost every time with good ammo of course. its like as soon as something is posted that can be taken competetivly people turn very closed minded and jelous in a way..if someone posted this same post as i did i would say good job bro or something like that. i wouldnt bash on em for it.

WOW! finally someone that knows how to read..thanks man..and why is it so hard for people to understand this? i dont know..also i can hit a coke can at 200 yards almost every time with good ammo of course. its like as soon as something is posted that can be taken competetivly people turn very closed minded and jelous in a way..if someone posted this same post as i did i would say good job bro or something like that. i wouldnt bash on em for it.

After seeing this thread, I have to admit I am going to try it this weekend hopefully since I will be picking mine up Thursday. Of course I am going to be focusing on my grouping more and getting the iron sights adjusted!

Also I read it the same way socom did.