installing recoil spring and bushing

Thanks fox. I saw this video on another thread and it looks pretty comprehensive.

The only stupid question is the one left unasked. Better safe than sorry

Some guys gave me flak for asking asking asking so many "dumb questions" and idgaf. At the end of the day, I sleep soundly in bed knowing what my capabilities and skills are. Not knowing what some stupid little part is called or some procedure is no skin off my bones, but I'm sure as hell gonna ask and learn.

Let me know how it goes at the range. I shot with the gas bushing and it helped a little but I still had some malfunctions, though that couldve been the magazine. I picked up a low power spring too, so I'm going to see if that helps any especially with these new 10 round mags. If all else fails, I'll get the feed ramp worked on

Installed the bushing only on an unfired gun.

Using one 5 rounder and two 10 rounders, I fired about 60 rounds. Ammo was low brass sporting clays loads.

Gun fired single shot until the very end, and I started getting doubles. I just kept oiling and firing.

Did try 5 rounds of 00 buck, and all rounds fitted and functioned.

Now to install the spring, and continue break in.

• 1 month later...
Do you need to install both the bushing and the light spring together?

I've read elsewhere on the forum that the gas booster bushing with the original recoil spring will be able to run lighter loads after the spring has been broken in a bit. I believe they said several hundred rounds will do the trick.

In my case, I want the option to shoot 3" heavy loads later on so I bought both the bushing and the lighter recoil spring for day to day use. The factory spring will be set aside and used when needed.

Neither part has been delivered yet, but I'm hoping that is how it will work out.

Bill

Edited by Flatland Shooter