Good price on new saiga .308 16"

I bought one used in 05' for 250 with a scope mount abs scope sold it for 400 in 09' kicked myself ever since. Found one on sale for 525 today. Is this about right?

Oh and if this isn't Allowed just delet this I guess thanks.

Ok I put the thing on lay-a-way total 577 a bit more than I wanted but they are hard to find in my area. If only I could got back in time.

I guns went up but hell ar15's are cheaper now and theses things are more than double. Any way I've got an ace stock and all I need is he trigger, pistol grip/nut/screw and an ace recicver block then my conversion will be done. Then it will have HK style weld on sights. And may a shortened barrel and a YHM QD flash hider for the YHM phantom silencer.

Well thanks for easing my mind. I bought I last .308 for 250 used with a scope mount and scope. Man have things changed. I sold that one plain Jane for 400 bucks a year after I bought it. I think in the firearms world these have went up more than any other weapon.

Yeah, I think it was due to the fact that it was a new rifle that nobody knew about at first. When a new brand of firearms comes out, they usually have to sell at a cheaper price, but as people take a chance and buy them and find out how great they are, the name gets out there and there becomes a greater demand. I mean, just think about brands like Taurus and Mossberg. 10 years ago if someone tried to sell me a Taurus handgun or a Mossberg shotgun I would have laughed at them and walked out, but they have proven themselves time and time again and now I would be proud to own either. I wish I would have known about Saigas when they first came out with the $250 price tag. I would have one of each caliber in the Saigas and Veprs.

Well I'll disagree with the taurus bit. I've had two handguns from them one was .380 and if tried to pull the trigger without letting it fully rest it would just drop the hammer with out pulling it back so it wouldn't go off and had no second strike. It was total junk. The other is a model 85 .38 ultralite one of the chambers is cut out of spec and it shaves bullets to the point it will leave a chunk in the barrel area and jam the cylinder. Then I'll have to beat the thing open and pull the big hunk of copper bullet out of it. Anothe piece of total junk i was thinking about a Taurus 1911 but now I see why all the taurus bashing is out there they are total junk and I'll never buy another one. I traded the .380 for a keltec pf9 and the .38 is going to be traded for a smith and wesson.

I got into the 308 saiga's when they were first offered they were only $289 brand new. Aren't they hitting around $500 now? All i can think about is this is a brand new russian ak/akm rifle right from izmash its not someones butchered rework. If you want an awesome pistol go with the CZ's, a CZ82 or CZ83 will serve you well.

Edited by Unknown Poster

I bought one used in 05' for 250 with a scope mount abs scope sold it for 400 in 09' kicked myself ever since. Found one on sale for 525 today. Is this about right?

Oh and if this isn't Allowed just delet this I guess thanks.

That sounds about right in the current market, before the election the cheapest Saiga .308's that I saw locally were going for $565 or more.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lol no sir. Thats the price i paid. I dont plan on selling it, i thought we were comparing prices paid recently due to everyone freaking out etc. Did you see the thread started about someone asking 8000$ for one? Thats just ludicrous lolz.

• 1 month later...