Well, I am going to be bringing this fella home from the shelter in Butte, about an hour and a half from here. Picking him up Sunday afternoon. His name is Wallard, and he is a Lab/Newfoundland mix. Wally is 5 years old, around the same as my other dog, Kitty.

Good to have a new buddy to share the fun with!

Apologies to LoneEagle for ditching on our "Range-Time", We'll go soon, I hope!!

post-16191-0-29721600-1353815425.jpg

• Like 9

Your new friend will always be thankful for you. Hell, you can tell by his expression already. Unfortunately this is the age most people tire of labs because they have ALOT of energy and abandon them.

2 of my 5 boys. Joey the King Shepard and Cody the lab. I have had them since they were 6 weeks old.

Photo_102407_006.jpg

• Like 4

No worries, Rob. Looks cute as a button. Be safe out there on the roads.

@USPraetorian

You want energy? Cross a lab with a Malamute. Mine's just over a year old, and keeping up with her is a full-time job. haha.gif

Edited by Lone Eagle

Good to hear RobRez. Our Lab/Newfy mix had to be put down about 2 years ago. Made it to 18. Was a great family dog. ... and I had to put my 120 lb 12 year old Shephard down about a week ago because of cancer. I am left with a 70 lb 7 month old Shephard named Halo (the demon dog). I really hope to get more then a decade out of this one...

Glad to hear it RobRez! All my dogs have been shelter dogs. That look on his face just says, "Play with me?" biggrin.png

If you don't already, be sure to keep up with his dental care! That's one things I've neglected over the years, and with my current dog I'm paying more attention and learning more about it. Poor guy just had a couple teeth pulled, but now that the bad teeth are out, and the antibiotics are finished, he's MUCH happier and has all his energy back again! smile.png The vet had me buy some Biotene Maintenance Oral Gel- great stuff! I wish I'd known about this years ago.

Champ

Champ3.jpg

Edited by Ronin38
  • Like 3

Nice to see such support for rescues.

Over the years we have had three from the pound and three that found us. There is a difference between them. Three are happy go lucky, and the other three know they are lucky and show their appreciation.

I trust my dogs more than people.

• Like 2

Yeah, dogs. I don't know what it is about them and me but I throughly understand the meaning of "man's best friend". I just got another one from a town 50 miles from me. He showed up at these folks house (dumped) and was living in their flower bed. They have several dogs and were going to euthanise him if they couldn't find him a home. I said fu*k that! He is a Doxle, dachshund/beagle mix and looks like a mini lab and lone eagle, he wears the lab out. When he plays fetch he bounds like a deer instead of running, total ball of energy and the most affectionate dog I've ever had. He is an impressive varmint dog. On his first vet visit he had to be dewormed, neutered all vaccinations including rattlsnake vaccine and have a BB removed from his face where some shitbag shot him. Missed his left eye by about an inch. Roscoe is a happy little guy. and looks just like this:

DOXLEZoe2HalfYears.jpg

• Like 5

He looks like a nice dog. Glad you rescued him. I've resuced several over the years. My most recent is Lou-lou Bell. She's a sweet heart. She had it pretty bad before we got her, but she's very loving and appreciative of being part of the family here.

Congrats on the new family member.

• Like 2

Well, I am going to be bringing this fella home from the shelter in Butte, about an hour and a half from here. Picking him up Sunday afternoon. His name is Wallard, and he is a Lab/Newfoundland mix. Wally is 5 years old, around the same as my other dog, Kitty.

Good to have a new buddy to share the fun with!

Apologies to LoneEagle for ditching on our "Range-Time", We'll go soon, I hope!!

post-16191-0-29721600-1353815425.jpg

Pretty boy. Newfoundlands are one of my favorite breeds.

This last February I picked up Kazmier's new bro-dog, a White German Shepherd named "Buckshot".

This is him at 5 weeks;

BuckshotBlueboy5weeks.jpg

At 7 weeks, he was nearly 17 Lbs, which was the largest of his litter and 3 Lbs heavier than his next heaviest Sibling. He tested mostly 2's & 3's on the Valhard Temperament test, so he'll be a good security dog, but won't eat my niece, which I think might make future holiday gatherings rather awkward..

At first, Kazmier was very jealous, but then my friend Jason's Black Shepherd let out a deep belly growl around BuckShot & Kazmier came absolutely unglued trying to get at Jason's boy, and they've been best friends ever since.

Buckshot9wk3.jpg

Buckshot15weeks003.jpg

Even though BuckShot's been a Holy Terror since day 1

Buckshot11wk2.jpg

The last picture was at 11 weeks.

BuckShot is 9 months now, and at about 90 lbs, a bit larger than Kaz, who himself is just under 50 Lbs.

007.jpg

The vet estimates he'll get up around 110. smile.png

Absolutely amazing dog when it comes to trainability. He likes to dominate everybody who lets him though. I'm thinking that's why they're called German Shepherds though... They're just so damn... Well, German.

• Like 3

Well, it's only been 5 days, but I'm not sure Wally can adjust to home life........

post-16191-0-00329000-1354308837_thumb.jpg

I believe he thinks he died and went to doggie heaven. This pooch has been under stess for a long time, and is probably overdue for a long nap. You did a good deed.

Edited by yakdung
  • Like 1