I like the look and style of an eotech sight but they are just out of my price range for a reflex sight.

I also like the look and style of the sight mark and they are in my price range but never had one. If anybody has had one or uses one I would like to know what you think and how they hold up. Thanks for any help.

Get the more expensive sightmark - $119 or $99 on sale - it has a bigger METAL shroud to protect the lens. The cheaper sightmarks $45 - $39 has a plastic cover on the rear part of the sight - it can break off if dropped or bumped. The sightmark sight works - just get the beefier one.

Dunhams has them on sale for $99 your choice if you want QD or not

http://www.dunhamssp...-shot-qd-sight/

0205369281400-SightmarkUltraShotQDsight.jpg

Note - the rear part of the sight - the top piece that covers the lighting part - is still plastic, but now you have more metal to protect it

Broke this bitch -

0205369281303-SightmarkBlackReflexSight.jpg

Edited by DNR
  • Like 1

I recommend against it for a S12. I tried one out last year and it did not hold up after about 1000 rounds. I was able to fix it and it worked a little longer but now is worthless. I now have a burris fast fire 3, and it seems to hold up much better. If I had all the money back I wasted trying to save a buck I would have a pocket full of cash. Buy quality, buy once.

I got a Sight Mark Reflex 14000 sitting in front of me. I picked it up for $75

For what I figured out online it's fine for small bore, normal recoil rifles. Not to many complains from 308 and below.

On a shotty it doesn't like 3" magnums, the mounting system loosens up.

Simple rule, you get what you pay for.

I like the looks. I'm mounting on a Daewoo K2 which is 223, so I'm not expecting to many problems.

I like the look and style of an eotech sight but they are just out of my price range for a reflex sight.

I also like the look and style of the sight mark and they are in my price range but never had one. If anybody has had one or uses one I would like to know what you think and how they hold up. Thanks for any help.

Folks that have them seem to be happy with it and you may know this already but the sight mounts and works with the lens to the front/muzzle as opposed to an eotech which mounts the opposite way.

There is a couple Bushnell holosights listed on Ebay and Gunbroker $200-250. These ARE eotech's in a different exterior. Internals and lens are made by L3 and unless your going to downtown Fallujah it will work great. Bushnell no longer makes these because people were buying these instead of Eotechs. I purchased several new before they were discontinued and were under $200 then.

Edited by U.S Praetorian

The gun store that I bought mine for does no questions exchanges for broken ones, NCStar and Sightmark. That's why I bought one, he even does them for sights/scopes that weren't bought there. I figured for the price I'll use it until it breaks and just exchange it.

Edited by romad7