Salem6...does anybody even know these guys ?

I ordered some parts from them awhile back, unfortunately I have had no comminication from them (I sent several e-mails) and have not received what I ordered, I fear my money is gone. My question is has anybody actually gotten anything they ordered from this so called new company ?

If they have some sort of contact number, I'd try to give them a ring. A lot of companies I know unfortunately take forever to reply via email, especially around the holidays. I ordered a replacement rice cooker inner pot because the teflon lining on my old one started peeling off but I had emailed them a question about it because I was uncertain about if I was going to be charged for shipping. Those jerks didnt reply back until 4 months later (but hey, at least they replied?)

Centerfire and RAAC have been horrible about replying to emails too, so I just call them during normal business hours and stuff gets done. Jim and Nancy @ Firebird and Tromix as well have been pretty good about replying to emails though, but still.. it's safer to just give these guys a ring

I checked out their paypal details and they are unverified. I sent them a note asking when my order might ship. if I don't hear back i will dispute the charge via paypal.

I am not enthused about the mag extensions after learning they used the factory 5 round springs, and the very likely possibility I would have to buy $20 10RD springs to make them work reliably. This is yet to be seen but seems very likely to me.

The only reason i bought them instead of factory 10rd mags anyway was to convert the two factory 5rd mags I have to 10rds for a quick 20 bucks each. Now at the price of 40 bucks to convert them each, it's looking more economical to hold the 5rds as is and buy additional factory 10rds anyway.

I had sent them an email asking about some of their MKA parts and got a response very quickly. But I have not made a purchase just yet.

Basically same for me. I have emailed them twice before, Both times i was responded to quickly with a update on their estimated prices and production release times. I made a order on 11/19/12 and sent my most recent email just about a hour ago. We will see what happens next.

I did some research on them and found the owner and the parent company...I will wait a few more days and see what happens, then I will will make the info public. I hope all is well and they were just overwhelmed with orders and needed more time to process them. If not I used Paypal and will dispute it there.

Yes you will find that many companies these days sometimes seemingly neglect their emails and in some cases their site. I had that issue with Classic Firearms. For whatever reason after the FFL stuff was sent, it was trouble for me on my computer to use their site. To be honest I wanted the rifle and refused to quit so I gave them a call and called the order in. The lady was very nice and helpful on the phone and as it turns out, I might have snagged the last 20in VEPR .308 version 2 they had at the time.

Best to call them. Especially with the holidays going now.

Well it looks like they are getting caught up, I got a tracking # today...we will see if it get's here. 8 days to even ship something is a bit long and having to wait another 5 days after that seems a bit excessive, better communication would have softened the blow a little and gone a long way for customer satisfaction...just sayin'.

I received this reply from Troy at Salem on Monday:

Hi,

Thank you for your interest. We are hoping to have hand guards available in

December. We are well underway cutting the injection mold, but are still

out a week or so for completion. We hope the final pricing will be under

$100.

Thanks and have a great day.

Troy

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2012 10:53 AM

To: info@salem6arms.com

Subject: Product availability

What is the availability and price of your MKA 1919 hand guards ? Thanks

Edited by snwbrdrcr

Yup, I got an email with tracking number and RECEIVED the 10rd Mag extension kits yesterday.

Waiting to see how they run. I wish Salem would be more outspoken and let us know if these run reliably on a fast as fast can be mag dump.... the video shows slow methodical firing.

I got my mag extensions yesterday morning. Hopefully I'll have time to make it to the range tomorrow. My initial impression with only hand cycling with the 5 round spring is I think it's going to be a little finicky. Unless charged with some force the first round seems to run into the feed ramp and get lodged.

Yup, I got an email with tracking number and RECEIVED the 10rd Mag extension kits yesterday.

Waiting to see how they run. I wish Salem would be more outspoken and let us know if these run reliably on a fast as fast can be mag dump.... the video shows slow methodical firing.

I just looked at their videos. One shows them firing slow and the other is rapid firing.

I just looked at their videos. One shows them firing slow and the other is rapid firing.

Yes. The one that is rapid is a 'Prototype' and we have no idea what type of spring that contains.

We need Salem6 to speak up on this and inform us specifically about their conversion kit using a 5rd spring and it's reliability under rapid fire, etc.

I finally received my mag extensions today, I will be tesing them tonight at my action shotgun match...I will report back if they work as advertised. It does seem like the factory spring is really not putting very much pressure on the shells, but hey, I will reserve judgement until I let loose with some rapid fire sequences.

Well the report is better than expected, I only had 1 FTF and I think it was a sketchy reload that got through. Overall I would say that they work the way that Salem6 said and although I think a slightly stronger (but not longer) spring might be an improvement, also make sure as they state in their video that the shells pass completely through the bottom of the donor mag or they will hang up there...they do feed when used in rapid fire sequences using reloaded ammo, factory ammo would definately work. So for the $20 price tag...not a bad deal, now, where's the coupler please.

Edited by compshootfl

You can call you local outdoor shooting range that allows pistols, rifles etc. if they don't have them, they will know who in the area does. Of course where it's winter, you might be hard pressed to find any, in Florida, we don't have that problem.

Where can one find out about the locations of 3 gun events? I'm in IL and I'd like to give it a try.

Edited by compshootfl

There's one just outside of ST Louis , I just got an invitation to a SG match there.

Gateway 3Gun

World Shooting Complex, 1 Main Event Drive, Sparta, IL 62286

Haven't shot there yet , but I know many of the guys that have comments on there their site. If they say it's good it's GOOD!