Took the 20" V1 and 16" V2 to the range today

Well, I took them both out to get a little range time today, and man was it great.

I'm still shooting the 20" V1 with iron sights, and switched the rear sight over to the Krebs peep. I like the open view the peep offers. Using the peep gives better field of view, but I think you give up a bit on accuracy. I think I could have gotten a little better groups with the original facory sight, but this gun is a combat gun. I know when I get it scoped it should easily be MOA or even Sub-MOA.

My grouping was pretty standard for me at 50 and 100 yards with both guns. I was easily getting 1 inch groups at 50 yards, and 3-4 inch groups at 100 yards. I did manage to get a 1 inch group with the 16" V2, and it was the best for the day on both guns. I put out a number of clays on the berm behind the 50 and 100 yard target stands an easily nailed them with both guns. I love reactive targets!

Currently 100 yards is the max distance I have to shoot, at least until can make a trip to my buddy's and use his land to go out further.

I did not take any pictures, sorry. I was too busy shooting to take any.

• Like 1

It's tough call. I have to say the 20" is my favorite because I have always wanted an SVD, and it turned out to be a nice conversion. The 16" is just a c--- hair second. I like it's compact style and it shoots really awesome. Tighter shooting than I expected with the shorter sight radius.

I must admit, I like the Vepr's better than any of my Saiga rifles or shotguns, even with the extra weight of the Vepr's. They just seem tighter and more solid. Not gonna sell the Saiga's, but they are taking second place to the Vepr these days.

• Like 1