Right side charging handle ?

If you are a left handed shooter , DO you NEED a right side charging handle on the forend?

I'm not left handed , I've tried but , I can't understand the need for a right side handle other than the one on the bolt.

Somebody explain why please, help me understand.

We will offer both , no need to exclude part of the market smile.png if they want it.

It's simple to do.

A left side makes perfect sense to me , just can't wrap my head around a right side.homer.gif

By putting a forward charging handle on the right side of the gun you increase the chance of getting hit in the face / body / arm by a shell when trying to clear a malfunction etc. Since the gun already has a handle on the bolt a secondary on that side seems redundant. Just my .02

By putting a forward charging handle on the right side of the gun you increase the chance of getting hit in the face / body / arm by a shell when trying to clear a malfunction etc. Since the gun already has a handle on the bolt a secondary on that side seems redundant. Just my .02

How does a lefty normally avoid being faced by a spent shell?

That's about where I'm at. But I'm not a lefty , so that's why I'm askin.

From a 3-gunner’s perspective, the appeal is having your weak hand able to instantly manipulate the bolt without losing your shooting position. In a game where tenths count, I want to maintain a cheek weld and keep my weak hand on or near the forend,

From a 3-gunner’s perspective, the appeal is having your weak hand able to instantly manipulate the bolt without losing your shooting position. In a game where tenths count, I want to maintain a cheek weld and keep my weak hand on or near the forend,

I agree 100% for RH shooter , having a little trouble seeing much of an advantage for a LH .

I guess the main one is keeping your hand nearer the gripping position. I grip with my weak hand on the mag well ( magwell grip on my AR) close to the same on my MKA.

Arm position shifts as you reach up across to pull the forward charging handle potentially right in front of the ejection port.

I can certainly appreciate the faster concept for 3 gun, but one might also be affecting the ability to clear the malfunction.

I'm also not saying that Tooth & Nail shouldn't include the option, just that it may be redundant.

Here's a pic of the test version, very basic , no rails no finish , STRICTLY for testing.

The charging handle parts were all hand made , got the finished one drawn ,+ something else to go with it? ? , it's gonna be sweet.

Got some changes to make it better/faster to make, forend will look pretty much as the pic, major changes to the charging handle.

post-43678-0-29899800-1354207715_thumb.jpg

OH NO 009.gif, it's the angled slots debate .

again

rolleyes.gif

There are only so many ways to make a replacement part for the same item, every replacement grip is basically the same, every trigger spring, IF the 1919 alum lower ever comes out , it will be the same design etc. etc..

There are certain parameters one has to work with when making replacement parts, MOST will look the same.

The main reason we got started in this business was LACK of AVAILABLE parts, it's easy to make a CAD drawing of an item , or make a few ,and say it's for sale.

It's another to meet the demand of the consumer, which is what we are trying to do, and why there will be more stuff coming SOON.

I come from a business model where you deliver in a matter of hours to a day(local no shipping involved). Not maybe in two weeks or 3 months , which ever I feel like.

And your point is....?

If they were more readily available we wouldn't even be talking about this...it would just be a matter of choice between products.

I made my point.

I somewhat agree. This is a little different than the angled slots issue, which I actually was on your side ToothandNail on that issue.

But this issue (charging handle) is actually basing off someone else's original idea and work, which is a slippery slope my friend. Tread carefully

Edited by FoxHound

If you are a left handed shooter , DO you NEED a right side charging handle on the forend?

I think a stock AK is made for lefties. I'm a lefty. The system works perfect for me. I can do anything on the AK platform as fast as any righty on an AR platform.

In my experience, It simply doesn't happen with the AK platform. The shells either eject 45 or 90 degrees out. I've never had a problem.

Edited by S12KS-K

It also helps to have a side charging handle on the left so that you can pull the bolt back with your left, and clear malfunctions/FTEs with your right, without pulling the gun off your shoulder or rolling it over. Faster for 3 gunners.

I find it useful to have both for 3 gun.

Im pretty sure he is already planning on doing a left side handle becouse there is no question if that is better. but hes asking about the right side because there is already one on the right.

If i was a lefty i would think i would be able to clear a malfunction faster if there was a handle on the hand gaurd. your "suppose to" hold your gun on the hand gaurd for more control, so your hand would pretty much be on the charging handle. now for all the magwell holders, i dont want to get in a debate on where to hold your gun, thats just what they teach you...

Edited by Haycock

The handguard or forend(as some prefers to call it) ,counts as a 922r parts comp. , since the charging handle is part of the handguard, common sense dictates, it is just a part of a known parts listed in the 922r. But if youre referring for the charging handle as a stand alone 922 part comp... I don't think so, but then again I might be wrong and other gurus in this board can chime in with their wisdom.

• 3 weeks later...

I gotta say, that's a nice looking part...because it looks a lot like the original one. Hmmm....

I'm just gonna throw this out there, since there is some confusion on the term "original".

Many bullpups have the exact same design. No one has invented anything new here. So I would agree...it's angled slots all over again.

MP5, FS2000, etc.