Poll: Has Your Saiga Firing Ever Broken?

Never broke anything except a carrier and I was trying to break something when it happened. I have no clue how many rounds I have fired, but I usually fire between 300-400 in an average session these days and have fired as many as 800 in one session. Test firing is usually 200 rounds per newly refined S12.

ETA: sorry, thought I was in Saiga 12....

Edited by evlblkwpnz

More then 7k through my converted 7.62. I've cleaned it maybe 3 times. Last time i "cleaned" it was at the range. Took the dust cover off and sprayed some oil on the everything. Usually go at least 450rds (15 30rd ak mags) normal range session. Only thing i guess i could say broke was my front handguard melted shooting 700 rounds in less then 2 hrs on a 90deg day.

Over 2,000rds through my 5.45 and about 1,500rds through the 7.62. Both firing pins fully intact. I don't understand why you're so worried about this. It is an EXTREMELY rare occurance.

I am new to rifles, and I have a Saiga and a Mini 14. The firing pin does break on the Mini 14, and I was wondering if it breaks on the Saiga as often as it does on the Mini 14.. Edited by tbryanh

Over 2,000rds through my 5.45 and about 1,500rds through the 7.62. Both firing pins fully intact. I don't understand why you're so worried about this. It is an EXTREMELY rare occurance.

I am new to rifles, and I have a Saiga and a Mini 14. The firing pin does break on the Mini 14, and I was wondering if it breaks on the Saiga as often as it does on the Mini 14..

please tell me this is a sick joke?!? How the hell can you even COMPARE a Mini-14 to an AK?!?

Mini-14 = Pansy gun

AK/Saiga = PROVEN BATTLE TANK!!!

I made the mistake of owning a Mini-14 once. it was the biggest POS ive ever had in my entire life, and I blame that gun for my complete and total hatred of Ruger these days. The gun spit about 6" groups at 50 yards off a sandbag...no joke! it hated steel (bulk) ammo and broke firing pins on a regular basis when i used it due to the Hardened primers. Needless to say I sold it and dont regret it.

Edited by RoughRider666
  • Like 1

I am new to rifles, and I have a Saiga and a Mini 14. The firing pin does break on the Mini 14, and I was wondering if it breaks on the Saiga as often as it does on the Mini 14..

please tell me this is a sick joke?!? How the hell can you even COMPARE a Mini-14 to an AK?!?

Mini-14 = Pansy gun

AK/Saiga = PROVEN BATTLE TANK!!!

I made the mistake of owning a Mini-14 once. it was the biggest POS ive ever had in my entire life, and I blame that gun for my complete and total hatred of Ruger these days. The gun spit about 6" groups at 50 yards off a sandbag...no joke! it hated steel (bulk) ammo and broke firing pins on a regular basis when i used it due to the Hardened primers. Needless to say I sold it and dont regret it.

Just traded my Mini 14 for a Saiga in 223. Both rifles were about 3 months old with only about 200 rounds fired through each. I got a few extras with the Saiga to "even out" the deal, soft carrying case and 2 scope mounting rails. Couldn't feel better right now.