PSL 54 Modifications

I own a PSL 54 and love it to death no matter what anyone says about them. I got one of the freak production ones that rips!

I am looking to modify it and am looking for suggestions. The rifle is going to a wicked gun smith to have all its work done. All suggestions are welcome along with an explanation and where to get the part if you know.

Stock: I want to put this synthetic stock on it (see link below) but the gunsmith said I should look into the Magpul PRS. Can you get the PRS on this rifle? Also, any other stock suggestions?

http://blackhorsearsenal.gostorego.com/stocks/psl-composite-polymer-stock-fixed.html

http://blackhorsearsenal.gostorego.com/stocks/psl-composite-polymer-forearm-set.html

Ammo: I practice at the range with this rifle using light ball cheap stuff. When I hunt, I like to use good stuff but have no experimented a lot with different brands. I mainly hunt deer but want to get into boar and bear. What are some good brands / loads in 7.62x54R? Also, does anyone have ballistic data for the rifle with any no hand load rounds that I could buy? I have had a hard time finding some.

Gas Block: I want to install a new gas block to help redirect more gas down the barrel rather than to the chamber. My rifle chucks brass almost as far as it shoots it. No round that comes out could be used for re-loading it is so ganked up. This is the one I have selected but if you know of a better, let me know.

http://shop.dezarms.com/product.sc?productId=29

Cerakote: I am having him cerakote the entire rifle to help with the thin barrel issue. I am hoping this will keep the rifle cooler and make it outlast the worse conditions.

Trigger: I am going to get a trigger job and reduce the weight on the pull.

Scope: Has anyone ever seen a PSOP over 8x? I love the russian reticle and have a newer PSOP 8x, just wondering if they have any newer versions or higher power glass.

Accurizing: Is there anyway to accurize these rifles anymore? Before anyone says it, yes I know this is not a sniper rifle nor a precision rifle. I just want to squeeze everyone out of this baby that I can.

Other suggestions: What else can I do to this rifle. I intend on keeping this rifle to the rest of my life and using it as much as I can. It has performed flawlessly and I want to make it even better. I would like to cut weight off of it, but am not really sure if other than the stock, much can be done.

PS: Has anyone ever found a document or can someone tell me the measurements on the PSOP scope. I understand the "range finder" fine on it, but wanted to know the actual measurements of the reticle (for windage and elevation).

• 2 weeks later...

I love mine JUST the way it is, and its a tack driver... MOA with wolf black box and reloads... I plan to keep it JUST THE WAY IT IS and master it JUST THAT WAY...

nothing to screw around with.... why fix what isn't broken??!?!?

:smoke: