sure, i have a few photos posted here and there, but they are few and far apart in timestamp. i dont use facebook to communicate much, and really, its like my personalized hub of news about the world that i give a damn about. Which is either a)gun stuff, or B) humorous offensive images. Idk why people would put their emails, phone numbers, places of residence, work, hometowns, family...

I mean, I've used that shit against others before as leverage to get them to think about who they were threatening. Too freakin easy to learn somebody's lifestory now. Hell, I refrain from putting gun pics up. Just on the principle.

I think there's a lot more credibility coming out of "The Onion" than most any other news outlets.

It's the least biased news agency out there.

I did try signing up for Facebook for a group project (about Facebook, as it happens), but there was some glitch that prevented me from using my school email address, so I just forgot about it and did most of the work myself.

Edited by DrThunder88
  • Like 2

Hey I'll let you guys in a little secret Ive learned about facebook. Its a great place to sell/trade guns!!! Thats right, Im a member of 6-7 local "groups" that are just pages dedicated to buying/selling/trading guns and gear. I'm even the Admin of one group. You wont find many deals on there but Its great for selling and trading b/c the guys on there for the most part are not the kind of guys that are here. That is to say there not reallly "in the know" or dedicated gun nuts.

Last weekend over the Thanksgiving holiday in a period of 2 days I was able to trade a crossbow that was worth less than $400 for a Sig p250SC plus $100, traded that pistol for a Hi-power in decent condition plus another $100, sold the second pistol for $400 and bought myself a complete AR-15(minus BCG) from PSA's black friday sale! Needless to say I was and still am quite proud of my little hustle that weekend!!

The thing Ive realized is these guys like guns and all but make NO EFFORT to figure out what stuff is actually worth, is kinda pathetic really but hey I've figured out how to use that to my advantage. This is the same reason you cant find many deals for sale b/c they pay inflated prices from their LGS and even marked down after being used they're still to damn high! Hell I wish I could afford to buy a bunch of police trade in glocks, I see used glocks routinely selling on there for well over $500 with nothing but factory parts!!

• Like 1

They're already gonna pick me up regardless.

Facebook gets me laid.

Sorry... Keepin' it. 032.gif

What happened to your Jewish lady friend?

I love the two main girls in my life with all my heart & I'm down for the housemate thing, but I just don't see either as the type to have several kids, be hands on at raising them & homeschool, etc... They're both successful in their fields and value career advancement too much for that.

As fucked up as our educational system has gotten as it's gone the indoctrination route of Carl Marx's dreams, I'll be damned if I have children only to have them be drugged & raised by strangers as robots for the state with no allegiance to God or Country, let alone family.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZJoCfgAEuE

These are turbulent times we're currently in, and there's some things I'm very set on. If I were to deviate, I feel it would be a very big mistake.

Please. There is a huge push at the teacher level for stricter standards and better teaching. The push for higher grades regardless of ability comes from admin, mainly because of No Child Left Behind. If the kids dont get grades, the admin doesnt get federal money. So they develop a system where the ONLY thing that matters is the grades. Whole classrooms are going nowhere while teacher tries to get Donny Dumbshit to the point where he will score what the school needs to get funding.

The push-in system driven by bleeding-hearts isnt working, some kids (due to genetics, or diet, or bad parenting) are gonna be Walmart greeters and burger flippers. Holding back future scientists and engineers to make them feel better is ridiculous, and the teachers realize this. First step is repeal NCLB, then break the teacher union that, like many unions nowadays, no longer represents its members and is only deticated to its survival.

A related problem is the teachers who disagree with the far-left tenents are usually targeted by the admin. Its not hard to get rid of a bad teacher, when the admin truly wants to.

Edited by mostholycerebus

Please. There is a huge push at the teacher level for stricter standards and better teaching. The push for higher grades regardless of ability comes from admin, mainly because of No Child Left Behind. If the kids dont get grades, the admin doesnt get federal money. So they develop a system where the ONLY thing that matters is the grades. Whole classrooms are going nowhere while teacher tries to get Donny Dumbshit to the point where he will score what the school needs to get funding.

The push-in system driven by bleeding-hearts isnt working, some kids (due to genetics, or diet, or bad parenting) are gonna be Walmart greeters and burger flippers. Holding back future scientists and engineers to make them feel better is ridiculous, and the teachers realize this. First step is repeal NCLB, then break the teacher union that, like many unions nowadays, no longer represents its members and is only deticated to its survival.

A related problem is the teachers who disagree with the far-left tenents are usually targeted by the admin. Its not hard to get rid of a bad teacher, when the admin truly wants to.

[#coughcoughbullshit]

No child left behind alone isn't to blame. Our entire public educational system as a whole is FUBAR and should be abolished as far as I'm concerned. We have douchebags with no moral compass teaching children to conform, and pressing political ideologies.

The public educational system is nothing more than a system of indoctrination. If you're a tool of this system and this offends... Sorry. Truth hurts sometimes.

I'm 34 and it was fucked even back when I was in school.

When I as a naive child asked my teacher why jews didn't just say they weren't Jews during the Holicaust, my "teacher" just looked with saddness, because she would have been fired if she'd explained the definition of faith, yet they can teach little girls that they can kill children who can otherwise be supported and live, but it's not murder.

They can teach that sexual deviancy is the normal human way, and they tout theories as if they're proven fact. "Scientific Consensus", a laughable oxymoronic concept is taught to the masses as being substanative.

They teach that man made global warming is a huge issue, but never touch on the fact that we manipulate weather routinely with cloud seeding operations & chemical injections into the atmosphere to the point that there's laws on every state's books pertaining to such practices, let alone the HAARP system which can push the ionosphere 30 miles into outer space creating a vacuum and changing the course of the jet stream.

No... Instead, they say that "man made global warming is bad, and you should get your parents to support high taxation because it exists". Forget about open diallouge and giving the kiddos the full story. Hell, most adults don't even know their asses from holes in the wall, and if they ask the right questions, you can be damn sure they'll never be public school teachers.

IF, the public education system was anything other than a system to check who will conform to state mandates and attempt to control future dissent, the children would be given the complete story.

The proof's in the pudding, you just apparently drank the Koolaid.

As a child, they tried to drug me into silence so I'd quit asking questions that the "teachers" couldn't answer, but thankfully my parents saw through it and put a stop to it. Now when parents intervene, the state attempts to persecute parents. They wish to force these psychostimulants which over time permanently alter the person's serotonin levels on all children who don't buy the bullshit hook line and sinker.

Fuck that. YOU don't have MY family's best interests at heart, I do.

Therefore, I will decide how to educate my own children when I have them, thank you very much.

• Like 7

[#coughcoughbullshit]

Perhaps surprising to you, when in debate starting with this kind of argument usually didnt help my cause. If you care to edit, ill read the rest of your post seriously. Since I havent read it, all ill say is I have multiple family in multiple school districts in multiple states. I dont mean to use these facts as the 'Argument from Authority' logical debate fallacy, which im sure you were thinking, but rather to lend insight as to where my views come from. Still anecdotal, but the multiple viewpoints gie me more than one window into whats going on.

I look forward to reading your post.

I'm not getting rid of my FB account. I don't ever put anything up that I'm not comfortable with the whole world knowing. That clip was pretty funny but regardless, I'm fairly certain big daddy gov already knows who I am, where I live and what I look like. It's just an easy way for me to keep up with what is going on with people I care about that don't live nearby.

As for the public school system, my three boys went through it and turned out just fine. Mainly because I went over their homework and I knew what they were trying to teach my kids. I sat with them and watched the news with them and we talked about current events. I didn't raise my kids to think the way I do. I taught them to think for themselves and not just listen and go along with what others have said.

• Like 2