Bonesteel Arms folding stock

While researching folding stocks for my .223 I found this stock from Bonesteel Arms. It uses a Galil type hinge and will fit Saigas without cutting the tang off. The web site implies that it is available as either a left or right side folder but the only option in the drop down box is right. MSRP is $149.00. Looks great.

AK_Tubular_Sidefolder4.jpg

• Like 1

The Falcon arms are almost cool, but they put the hinge entirely behind the tang, making the hinge block much larger and heavier than needed, whereas we tucked our hinge under and to the side of the tang. They are both based on the same hinge design, but I feel we did a far superior job adapting it to fit an ak than they did.

Left side is not available yet, but is coming soon.

Interesting.

Do you have it pictured on AK or converted Saiga?

My ACE hinge (set for LHS) folder blocks optics' side mount from sliding it back (as originally intended).

For LHS model: When it open position, does your hinge/folder mechanism interfere with sight mount?

How does it clear the side rail with optics removed?

When LHS model becomes available (still N/A in pull-down menu at the moment)?

Good looking product!

Edited by Sgt. Raven

I'll be waiting for the Left side folder. If it does interfere with adding and removing the side scope mount I'll simply put the scope mount on before I add the stock and leave it on.

I've asked to be added to the waiting list for LHS folder as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Left Side option added (at +$5 extra), according to the website.

Also, choice of Warsaw or NATO length and sling swivel for only $5 more?

032.gif

ObiWanBonJovi, could you confirm availability, please?

Thank you!

Edited by Sgt. Raven

The Falcon arms are almost cool, but they put the hinge entirely behind the tang, making the hinge block much larger and heavier than needed, whereas we tucked our hinge under and to the side of the tang. They are both based on the same hinge design, but I feel we did a far superior job adapting it to fit an ak than they did.

Left side is not available yet, but is coming soon.

Interesting... Question though: Will it fit a MAK 90? I'm considering purchasing one for my Saiga, but I also have a NIB MAK 90 that I'd like to de-ban. One of the more attractive features about the Falcon Arms Folding Stock is the fact that it's almost universal between the Kalashnikov variances with minimal milling. -Incidentally, I asked this question of CNC Warrior's Customer Service with ZERO response.
  • 3 weeks later...
When mine gets here, I'll let you know. Ya might want to look through Bonesteels section for reviews?

Did you order RIGHT or LEFT hand side one?

I wish they put more pictures, including installed on rifle.

• Like 1

Not enough pics. I'd really like to have one in hand and looking at it before I buy but I don't know if that's gonna happen. I wanna see it on a receiver with the top cover off and recoil spring out of the way.

Sorry I am posting from my phone and don't know what happened there.

Edited by Pyzik

I am on a market for a stock right now.

My last one was Magpul MOE on ACE folding mechanism.

Plenty of pictures around; no need for support.

I understand the hurdles of small business.

My late rifle came from small business.

I had a question: BAM! I've got answer.

I wanted to see a better view: BAM! How 'bout 5 instead?

SOLD!

Good luck.

I keep picking and pocking; hoping to have more info before leaving my pecos somewhere else.

(BTW, I left comments via website as well).

Edited by Sgt. Raven
I am on a market for a stock right now.

My last one was Magpul MOE on ACE folding mechanism.

Plenty of pictures around; no need for support.

I understand the hurdles of small business.

My late rifle came from small business.

I had a question: BAM! I've got answer.

I wanted to see a better view: BAM! How 'bout 5 instead?

SOLD!

Good luck.

I keep picking and pocking; hoping to have more info before leaving my pecos somewhere else.

(BTW, I left comments via website as well).

you might get a faster answer if you leave the question in there vendor section i asked a couple questions there and got fast responses

Edited by smeeg

you might get a faster answer if you leave the question in there vendor section i asked a couple questions there and got fast responses

Sounds fair.

I'll also contact via PM.

We're all human. And I really like this design's aesthetics...

I wonder if their left side folder will clear a side scope mount when folded?

Response from manufacturer:

I am not sure as to whether the stocks allow for removal of sidemounts, as I don't have any sidemount optics.

the left side m4 stock does not clear optics rail, we have a widefolding version in the works.

the left side galil will clear rail with no optics mounted.

Hope that helps.

I'd love to see the pictures of LHS folder installed.

My prediction: it won't clear the rail with optics mounted, but hope it would be "tolerable" for compact storage/carry.

From what I see, the hinge axis is too close to receiver (as opposite to ACE folding mechanism I have).

Someone, post a pictures as soon as you get LHS one.

Edited by Sgt. Raven

I sent an inquiry to the company to ask if the left folding hinge bump got in the way of sliding a mount onto the side rail. They replied back and said some mounts will clear the hinge and some won't. It didn't discourage me on going with the left folder. If my side mounts don't work I'll go with a red dot mounted on the gas tube.

• Like 1

It also very much depends on type of side mount.

Russian-made VOMZ and MOLOT are quite slim.

My new MI 30mm scope is about 1.5x thicker and I don't bank on any sidefolder to close on it.

Since quality scope mount designed to retain zero, removing the scope for folding shouldn't be an issue.