Zombies (addicts and dealers) taking over my area...

I need to rant....

I live about 30 miles north of Louisville and the drug problem here is raging out of control. Every time I go into town, I see zombies all around. Meth is a huge problem here along with the pill trade but now, heroine is making a huge rise.

Our law enforcement only cares about arresting the addicts, while letting the dealers do as they wish... Unless they stop paying/informing... A state trooper here told me that our prosecutor blocks the state police on anything they want to do here (not quite sure how that works). Our county sheriff seems to mostly care only about what will get his picture in the local paper or his face on the news. There was a meth lab found a street behind me... The girl that lived in the hose was a deputy's daughter.. So she got a slap on the wrist.

I feel helpless against this shit! Break ins, robberies and other crime are getting terrible in my once little "kinda Mayberry" town. Hell.... There was a murder 3 years agin in my county that the police just solved a week ago... THE GUYS BODY WAS IN THE KILLERS HOUSE!!!!! But when police cover for you, you can get away with shit for a while. The only reason it was solved was because the victims family begged the FBI for help.

I'm just sick of seeing this shit ruin the home I love. I know I need to just stay armed, alert, and be sure my home is secure.

Anyone else seeing this go down where you live?

• Like 1

I spent Years dealing with the SO over a lab at the end of the private road i live on ,Oh they would make a bust now and then and the tweekers would just change how they distributed the garbage !! they finally put the primary away in prison after giving him a suspended sentence and probation ,well they caught him at it again this time he got real time ,it has been a nice two years but he will be out soon !!!eyes_droped.gif And the State has never taken the property as they should have because his daddy has "pull " in this county plus he keeps the place tenanted so no luck on a lightening strike burning it down unhappy.gif it has been a nice quiet few years but it will end soon horror.gif

In the war on drugs, drugs and junkies are winning!

The only kids starving to death in this country are the unfortunate offspring of junkies that use our tax money to buy their next fix instead of food for their kids. But our government keeps on giving them more "for the children"!

• Like 1

Well this probably isnt the response you wanna hear but Its time to end prohibition, For EVERYTHING! I hate to break it to ya but the police can not lock up enough drug dealers to stop the drug problem in your area. Law enforcement has never been and never will be able to stop the rising drug problems in this country, the problems are not from lack of enforcement or any of that crap.

Prevention, outreach and programs that ACTUALLY work to educate kids about the downfalls of using drugs are the only things that will help this country's drug problem. In case you guys haven't noticed, the current war on drugs has been lost for a long time now!!

• Like 3

I blame the "war on drugs" for a big part of the problem. Ending prohibition would also end the high demand, decreasing the problem.

Another big issue here is that local doctors are no more than legal dealers for the pharma companies. They get patients hooked on narcotics instead of treating the real problems...

• Like 4

It will be interesting to see what happens following the legalization and taxation of marijuana in Colorado and Washington State in the next election.

I have a feeling any successes in the taxation of marijuana will start to interest the majority of the other 48 states that are teetering on bankruptcy and/or budget shortfalls.

I spent Years dealing with the SO over a lab at the end of the private road i live on ,Oh they would make a bust now and then and the tweekers would just change how they distributed the garbage !! they finally put the primary away in prison after giving him a suspended sentence and probation ,well they caught him at it again this time he got real time ,it has been a nice two years but he will be out soon !!!eyes_droped.gif And the State has never taken the property as they should have because his daddy has "pull " in this county plus he keeps the place tenanted so no luck on a lightening strike burning it down unhappy.gif it has been a nice quiet few years but it will end soon horror.gif

Sadly enough this sounds very familiar.

I live in a growing urban area on the very edge of downtown. The location is a bunch of houses, but as the city grows, so does the amount of apartment complexes in my neighborhood.

The more large housing complexes show up, the more disgusting crime happens here. In the past couple of years drivebys have been getting more and more common.

Makes me sick.

Edited by Agent Lemon

In my old house that I lived in for 13 years was in the city limits and I had a drug dealer live across the street from me for years and the local police took about 6 years to put a case together to arrest him. About 3 months after I moved out? The news said he was 1 of the largest dealers in my area. I called the police every chance I could and all they said "They knew of the situation"? I owned a duplex and lived on 1 side and rented out the other. My rental was empty and I gave up on being a landlord, it sucks. The empty side of my house was DIRECTLY across the street from the dealers house and I offered to let them use it as a stakeout and they declined???? At that point I gave up. I work alot out of town and need to have the "peace of mind" that my family is safe.

My house was robbed twice and my vehicles were broken into more than once.

My advice is to move. If you have it in your mind that the cops don't give a shit? They probably don't! It will only get worse.

Happening in my neighborhood too. Graffiti, drug sales, run down homes, property crimes, etc. Cops can't do much unless people are caught in the act, and they certainly are not posted down the street. Just got a security door, Liberty safe, and security cameras. I don't feel any more safe or secure though. Worked with some neighbors for a couple years trying to clean up the neighborhood, but could not keep up. We are getting out of here as soon as we can. Like Patriot said - a bounty on dealers/criminals would solve this problem quickly.

And the majority of these low life's here are getting my tax $$$$.

I tend to give jokingly smart ass replies for the most part, but if anyone notices (which I doubt, lol) I don't do so when the topic is serious. Believe me, I feel your pain and sympathize completely. I've been around longer than most and what is happening to our country both enrages and sickens me. I'm contemplating my response to the recent election and it won't be pretty. For liberals, that is.

Why do I get political and mention liberals? Simple enough. It's their policies over the last 60 years or so that have led to the steady downward decline (and now death spiral) of our once great country. This is war people, make no mistake about it. Our only decision is how we choose to fight.

Tim

I figured this was probably rising everywhere. Moving isn't really an option for me unfortunately. I'm considering running for sheriff next election. It's far fetched but you never know. Maybe I can help make a difference. There was a 22 year old guy found in his car 2 days ago dead of a heroine overdose... This was just a couple miles from me.

My little subdivision is pretty clean now that chick that was dealing and such is gone. I've put some thought into maybe getting a homeowners association in here. They can be a pain in the ass but it could help keep people like her out of my immediate area.

Or we could do what some of the members here propose to solve the issue: decriminalize all drugs and put the dealers out of business. Somehow I don't think that will solve the problem of substance abuse or related crime, but that's just me thinking out loud. Oh, I almost forgot the taxation idea too.

Or we could do what some of the members here propose to solve the issue: decriminalize all drugs and put the dealers out of business. Somehow I don't think that will solve the problem of substance abuse or related crime, but that's just me thinking out loud. Oh, I almost forgot the taxation idea too.

...and dramatically increase the number of addicts roaming the streets.

Decriminalization and taxation of pot would go a long way. But, it's the meth and narcotics/heroine addicts that are the ones breaking into houses and robbing for a fix. It seems the heroine has replaced something here... A drug called Opana I think. It's another extremely addictive pharmaceutical that our doctors love writing scripts for. I think they stopped making it or something.

Yes. Bounties would be great! Wish we could do that...

This would seem like the likely outcome but in fact the opposite occurs. Countries that have decriminalized drugs have all seen drug abuse and dependency GO DOWN.

Also this would most certainly put the dealers out of business and the resulting crime would go WAY down. This wont stop the crime of theft to pay for a habit but with time and less addicts there will be less theft as well.

Decriminalization and taxation of pot would go a long way. But, it's the meth and narcotics/heroine addicts that are the ones breaking into houses and robbing for a fix. It seems the heroine has replaced something here... A drug called Opana I think. It's another extremely addictive pharmaceutical that our doctors love writing scripts for. I think they stopped making it or something.

No they didnt stop making Opana, its just more expensive than heroin. People get hooked on pharmacuticals then end up using heroin b/c its cheaper!!!

ETA unless you focus on outreach and recovery programs rather than punishment you will certainly NOT make a difference Just look around the country, locking people up isnt working.

Admit it you just wanna be able to go around and tell everybody "there's a new sheriff in town" laugh.png

Edited by big-J

Can anyone name another country besides Portugal that has decriminalized illicit drugs? I think they stand alone in the world. Some have decriminalized use of pot but not the sale. The government just turns a blind eye to the dispensing shops that sell an ounce to users. Hard drugs remain illegal and penalties in some nations include long prison terms and even capital punishment. What happened in Portugal is not a valid equivalent to what would happen here. Apples and oranges.

It doesn't really matter what is legal or illegal, a good majority of the drug element is the "ghetto" kids. They will rob and steal not just for drugs but for the social respect of their fellow "ghetto" peers. I delt with a lot of that at my old job. Lot of kids now are stealing Coricidin HBP cough medicine and just downing the box, I believe it has a hallucinagenic effect when taken in quantity. People will take anything these days if their lives suck enough

This would seem like the likely outcome but in fact the opposite occurs. Countries that have decriminalized drugs have all seen drug abuse and dependency GO DOWN.

Also this would most certainly put the dealers out of business and the resulting crime would go WAY down. This wont stop the crime of theft to pay for a habit but with time and less addicts there will be less theft as well.

No they didnt stop making Opana, its just more expensive than heroin. People get hooked on pharmacuticals then end up using heroin b/c its cheaper!!!

ETA unless you focus on outreach and recovery programs rather than punishment you will certainly NOT make a difference Just look around the country, locking people up isnt working.

Admit it you just wanna be able to go around and tell everybody "there's a new sheriff in town" laugh.png

Yes! New sheriff in town! Lol!

What kind of outreach programs would help keep youth off the shit, keep them from starting use, or help those who are already using?

Can anyone name another country besides Portugal that has decriminalized illicit drugs? I think they stand alone in the world. Some have decriminalized use of pot but not the sale. The government just turns a blind eye to the dispensing shops that sell an ounce to users. Hard drugs remain illegal and penalties in some nations include long prison terms and even capital punishment. What happened in Portugal is not a valid equivalent to what would happen here. Apples and oranges.

Mexico

But apparently it hasnt really had any effect one way or the other.

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1918725,00.html

Yes! New sheriff in town! Lol!

What kind of outreach programs would help keep youth off the shit, keep them from starting use, or help those who are already using?

I dont know but then again I'm not the one running for sheriff either.

A quick guess would be social programs to help the kids who grow up without a father or a drug addicted mother. Give the kids a skate park, a ball park and other shit to do besides drugs. Help their parents get jobs and get OFF drugs. Start with Drug treatment programs and such.

Drugs are not the problem, they're a symptom of a much deeper problem, go after those REAL problems and then you can make a difference!!

• Like 1

They should just let the fuckers use this shit at certain locations and not get in trouble. Soon the dumbasses would just OD and then we wouldnt have anymore crackheads, and the dealers would go out of business since the junkies could get it for free at the location that allows them to use. And when the junkies are ar these locations, they cant leave unless they're sober. Just a thought.