"Pending Approval"

Ever hear of that one? Well, you have now.

I called today to check on the status of an Item, a Bowers Vers50, to see if it went Pending. It had, on 11/26/12. I always verify my items go Pending. When I do, I check on any item near approval.

When I asked about another Item that went Pending on on 7/7/12, the answer was "Pending Approval, as of today, November 30th."

When I mentioned to Linda, the NFA Receptionist that I was talking to, that I had never heard of that, Linda said, "Pending Approval is a new step in the process. Pending Approval means the item will be approved within 30 days of that date."

• Like 1

could be why it takes 6 months to get form 1s back, all you guys calling about your status keeps them from processing the forms. they probably spend 4 hours of a 8 hour work day on the phone.

Nope, totally unrelated. It's because they have x amount of manpower processing y amount of paperwork and the person answering the phone does not process your paperwork.

• Like 1

Don't call. It's a lot easier.

could be why it takes 6 months to get form 1s back, all you guys calling about your status keeps them from processing the forms. they probably spend 4 hours of a 8 hour work day on the phone.

As has been pointed out, the receptionists do not process and are not involved with processing item documentation. Verifying item status is part of their job.

As to "not calling being easier", I have heard of Forms disappearing after check cashing, sometimes for months. Rare, but it happens. Pending means the form has been entered into the system. Prior to the Form being entered, they can't bring it up on computer, at least the department that processes.

I have 1rst hand been on the receiving end of Bureaucratic SNAFUs in the past, so I am always skeptical of government and that government will just get it done. I merely want to verify that my item is in the queue. My tax dollars help pay these folks salaries. I don't pester, I am always extremely polite to them, but I will continue to verify.

Edited by 1mile50
  • Like 1

I called to check on several F4's I sent back in June. I was told they are pending as of Nov. 27. I said, "Wait these all went pending July 9, 5 months ago. What do you mean"? She said that it means they will be approved within 2 weeks. Whatever the hell that means.

OK! Here is what it means. 6 stamps received today. 164 days from confirmation of receipt by BATF. victory.gif