new to forum and have some Q's before i go shoot tomorrow

hey guys im new to this forum and purchased a saiga 12 a fw days ago. picked up the black tactical kit with the rails and kicklite stock, as well as a v-plug and a 15 round drum. going to go shoot some of my guns tomorrow and id like to bring this gun along and run it through its paces. however in reviews ive read that the saiga 12 is not an out of the box perfect gun and needs some tweaking, correct me if i am wrong though. i have heard that the saiga 12 is nto intended to shoot milder loads such as target and birdshot loads, and does not cycle correctly with these rounds but will fire correctly with buckshot and slugs. tomorrow i intend to fire only 00 buck and slugs. i have not installed the v plug yet and basically i would like to know if i will have a better day tomorrow if i install the plug tonight and tune it at the range or if ill be fine seeing as how im sticking to heavier loads. also would like some tips on tuning the v plug as this is my first semi-auto shotgun. thanks for any input

Recoil reducing stocks and pads absorb energy that would be better put to use cycling the action. When using bulk pack birdshot you may have problems.

The plug (GAS REGULATOR) regulates gas. It does not add gas. These are gas operated weapons. I use factory regulators or Autoplugs, depending on what I am using the weapon for. Buy a "plug" because you want to adjust the available gas in finer increments. You will be disappointed if you think it will make the weapon run better....

Friction can be reduced by means of re-profiling, resistance can be reduced by means of using lower power springs, and gas can be increased by means of adding or enlarging ports. Those are what can be done to make the weapon run better with weaker loads. I recommend friction reduction and increasing gas.

Set it on the most restrictive setting. If you have FTE (failure to eject), increase the gas. There is nothing more to it.

Edited by evlblkwpnz

The plug (GAS REGULATOR) regulates gas. It does not add gas. These are gas operated weapons. I use factory regulators or Autoplugs, depending on what I am using the weapon for. Buy a "plug" because you want to adjust the available gas in finer increments. You will be disappointed if you think it will make the weapon run better...

Precisely. Plugs can't add gas that isn't there. If it doesn't fire low-brass on the "2" setting of your factory gas regulator, it isn't going to fire on setting "5" a la Spinal Tap amplifiers.

I'd suggest giving this a quick read-over (credit to GunFun), perhaps cycle the action for a bit while you watch tv (no-sex-joke), couldn't hurt your chances.

Edited by Barrage