Do i trade my PSL for a DesertEagle 50

Hey guys wondering if Im crazy but Im thinking of trading my PSL in excellent condition for a desert eagle from original owner with less than a hundred rounds through it. Does anyone own/like their desert eagle. By the way I bought 2 PSLs so I still have one.

Gonna cost almost $2, or even more every time you pull the trigger on a pistol like that, isn't it?? Not commonly availably ammo in stores.

That PSL shoots very affordably!!

You could sell the PSL to me and buy a different gun of your choice.what.gif

• Like 2

I like mine. You can get ammo rather cheap for considering the power. I get the Hornady 300gr. for around 37 bucks a box. 2yrs ago it was almost 50 a box. Mags are expensive, and Id shoot the gun first to make sure you like it. It does have cons. The biggest of them is that if these guns are limp wristed or your pushing up on the mag during firing you will jam the weapon. Other than that, they are accurate, powerhouses with a simple design. Just pick up some spare springs for the bolt and recoil spring if you decide to get it.

Edited by Captain Hero

I like mine. You can get ammo rather cheap for considering the power. I get the Hornady 300gr. for around 37 bucks a box. 2yrs ago it was almost 50 a box. Mags are expensive, and Id shoot the gun first to make sure you like it. It does have cons. The biggest of them is that if these guns are limp wristed or your pushing up on the mag during firing you will jam the weapon. Other than that, they are accurate, powerhouses with a simple desing. Just pick up some spare springs for the bolt and recoil spring if you decide to get it.

thanks, also john has a long mustache i repeat john has a long mustache
  • Like 1

I wouldn't, but I perfer rifles over handguns. Ammo for the PSL is cheap. I have only seen the value of the PSL go up. You use to be able to get them for next to nothing. I imagine thier value will continue to increase. Something to think about if you should ever want another one later down the road.

But then again you have two. I like the VEPER idea.

Edited by redfish28

I would suggest the 500 S&W revolver, bigger punch and better reliability, it is kind of a novelty either way but I think the revolver is more practical for that big of a handgun.

The DE is a reliable gun, once you know how to shoot it. They even state in their manuals their not for the novice shooter. Id rather have a semi-auto for faster reloads with a slightly greater capacity with cheaper ammo than a wheelgun. Thats just me.

The desert eagle is only going to serve you well in 3 ways... 1-it'll impress people who don't appreciate being able to get follow up shots, 2-it'll make for great Youtube videos of

knocking themselves out, or 3- it's a great gun to carry if hiking through bear country.

Personally, I'd keep the PSL. Hell.. SBR it like a Draco, put a detachable stock or folder on, and you have a tiny package that can easily disable vehicle's engines if people road rage on ya'. smile.png

But really, it's all about your preference. Personally I like controllable small pistols.

I guess it comes from CCWing a Glock-17 for years.

I can't imagine trying to carry something even heavier. As it is my pants already look like I'm a homey-g half the time from an LC-9 weighing my belt down coupled with the fact that I seriously have, no ass.

I couldn't fathom carrying a full sized DE.

On the other hand, that's just me. I value practical weaponry, and I beat the shit out of it. If you already have all your practical bases covered to your satisfaction and sitting there stroking a DE is going to make you feel good, go for it.

I kinda really want a .557 T-Rex for the same reasons.

That being said, I'll likely just upgrade my lathe with the money when I save it up instead.

• Like 1

thanks for the response guys.I am typically a small revolver guy,and 1911 strictly for semi. the DE looks ridiculously huge to me,that made it interesting, but I decided against the trade, I probably wouldnt put many rds through it. I usually like to shoot what i have on a regular basis.again thank you for feedback.

• Like 1

I had one back when the ammo was $22 a box. It was just an expansive range toy. Too heavy to carry, follow up shots are slightly faster then a muzzle loader, single action only,only shoot a few rounds per range sesion (ammo $$$) Once the "cool" factor wears off it just becomes a big ol chunk of steel that could be turned into something more realistic (more ammo, a carry gun, more mags, a small vacation.....)

Last I knew DE50's were selling for about TWICE the price of a PSL... With THAT said... I would TRADE for the DE... and if ya didnt like it... SELL IT... buy another RIFLE... like the VEPR *AND* still have cash leftover to buy ammo or another rifle, or whatever!!!!!

WIN all around!!!! :up:

:smoke:

I used to have a Desert Eagle Mk 1 in .357mag that I CC'd all the time. It can tend to get cumbersome depending on how you carry it. The easiest and most comfortable is a shoulder rig, but I usually chose an IWB holster because I don't like wearing jackets all day, just wear slightly baggier clothes. As for a DE in .50AE or a PSL, it's a matter of personal preference, I'd take the DE all day long. Fun as hell to shoot in any caliber,and accurate follow up shots aren't as hard as people are making them out to be, even in .50AE. And it can be fun to see the looks you get when you pull one out at the range. If you decide you don't like it, do like Indy said, sell it or trade it for something you do like.

DE .50 is a hollywood gimmick gun.

PSL is a versatile rifle chambered in an inexpensive high-power cartridge with many handloading options.

I know which one I would want.

Edited by mancat
  • Like 1

Yes, but if he has another PSL and the "gimmick gun" gets him excited, where's the harm? You could say something similar for .44 mag. If he enjoys shooting it and can afford it why not? There is always a market to resell it if he changes his mind. I've known a few very serious shooters who had them and loved them for accuracy.

It might be expensive to shoot factory ammo, but the same is true for any large caliber pistol. To me, that all becomes moot if you are handloading, especially for people casting. I'd enjoy one of those despite all it's drawbacks. I would think it a fun range gun, and possibly bear country. He has other guns to fill the "needs" roles, so why not indulge the "wants"?

I like them. I'd rather have the .50 AE than a .500 Smith. Im not a huge fan of wheel guns. I like them, but dont love them. The DE isnt going to get any cheaper in price either. And like posted, they arent that bad to shoot like many people lead on. The power is very impressive for a semi-auto pistol. I feel the trade is fair. Its not like your going to get ripped off. Just boils down to preference. I think they are both good guns.

All depends if the DE is made in Israel or Minnesota. If it's an IMI, go for it. It will be a good investment.

Very expensive to shoot. Expensive magazines. Very large cumbersome frame. Small capacity magazines.

Looks awesome. Reliable and innovative action. Quality made in Israel. Appreciates. Huge knock down power.

The .50 is really cool as a novelty but I chose to go with he .44 mag. More ammo available at a fraction of the cost.