A friend forward this to me as I don't have Facebook.

Just released on their Facebook page, not even on their website yet.

DSC06920.jpg

(Text from the Facebook page)

Black Aces Tactical is very proud to present to the public what we've been working on in secret for months. What you see before you is our Pro Series receiver retrofit kit rapid prototype. Our machined prototypes are due by mid December.

These retrofit kits allow the average shotgun operator to replace their old oem receiver with our kit, and now be fed by Saiga 12 magazines! That's right! You'll be able to run 8, 10, and 12 round stick mags along with the 12 and 20 round drums. All readily available and off the shelf.

Here's the trick part. This receiver kit will accept your stock, trigger group, barrel, forend, mag tube, etc. All that's need is to swap over the components and you have yourself a magfed shotgun! We're currently producing protoytpes for the: Mossberg 500/590 Remington 870 Maverick 88 Mossberg 930 Remington 1100

Each PATENT PENDING kit includes:

Pro Series Receiver

New hardened firing Pin

New hardened bolt

New hardened slide Magwell bridge

Magazine latch

Feed ramp

Replacement magazine tube (870 and 1100 only)

Steel buffer tube threaded insert (930 only)

Best of all the price is FAR below what other magazine fed shotguns cost. Our anticipated retail cost of the complete kit is only $299, but for our facebook friends, we will offer the for only $279!

We expect to release them after the new year, but I will keep everyone updated.

Of course being that this is a receiver and essentially a shotgun, this requires an FFL to ship to. As normal, you guys know the drill.

• Like 1

interesting. but..... still a pump gun sad.png

The Mossberg 930 and Remington 1100 are autoloaders. I think it pretty damn awesome. I have a few mag fed pumps and where it's really nice is when you go SBS. Auto loading super shorty with saiga mags? Yes please! it's about time.

Edited by bigj480

by the time you have the pump gun and this kit you are within about $50 of having a saiga 12...

That leaves the only possible upside as one of the autoloaders having better gas management to be able to switch from light loads to full house 3" without changing settings. Oh wait, the autoloaders are about a grand to start with... So the only way this makes sense is if you are a fanboy of the gun you are adapting to make a kludgy saiga.

It's like buying a chevy cavalier and then adding a v-8 and converting to rear wheel drive. Sure you could, with a bunch of changes...

• 1 month later...
Would be a cool A.O.W. for folks in states that can't have SBS's.

That's an interesting idea, I guess I could get this and chop my 500 and save the SBS tax and just register it as an AOW. That would pay for much of the new receiver. Sounds fun.

• 4 weeks later...
Would be a cool A.O.W. for folks in states that can't have SBS's.

That's an interesting idea, I guess I could get this and chop my 500 and save the SBS tax and just register it as an AOW. That would pay for much of the new receiver. Sounds fun.

Paperwork and tax stamp FIRST, then mods ;) That does sound like fun!

I was put on the pre order list in the first week of december, for a multi unit buy. spoke with them in detail and was stoked about these. being in Michigan I loved the aow possibilities. Have not heard a thing from them and also cannot reach anyone since the whole craziness hit our firearm community. If I hear any new info I will post here.

• 2 years later...

by the time you have the pump gun and this kit you are within about $50 of having a saiga 12...

That leaves the only possible upside as one of the autoloaders having better gas management to be able to switch from light loads to full house 3" without changing settings. Oh wait, the autoloaders are about a grand to start with... So the only way this makes sense is if you are a fanboy of the gun you are adapting to make a kludgy saiga.

It's like buying a chevy cavalier and then adding a v-8 and converting to rear wheel drive. Sure you could, with a bunch of changes...

Actually I did see a Ford Focus where someone added a V8 engine and rear wheel drive that someone who worked at Ford in Dearborn modified. It was too front end heavy and the wide tires meant a narrow rear axle.

For those who can't get a Saiga this may be the way to go. I also prefer autoloading shotguns but the cost is high on top of the shotgun price and you have two receivers which are considered firearms.

Edited by uzitiger
  • Like 1

I found a guy selling the receiver kits on gunbroker for $99. I thought about picking one up and a new maverick 88 as the donor for it. Would only be about $350 total minus mags. Haven't seen the followers for the saiga mags for sale, only the mags Black aces sell on their website. Pretty pricey at $45 for 10 rounds but I may give it a go. Has anyone here really tried to build one?

ETA: Just noticed that the receiver kit comes with a follower and feed lip to modify one mag. I think i will take on this venture this weekend.

Edited by AZ-DAVE-IZ109