Hey Guys:

Lately, I've heard more and more about Mossbergs and Remington 870 shotguns. I sort of feel like a 2nd class citizen because I own neither brand's shotgun.

I bought an H&R "Pardner Pump" 12-gauge shotgun with an 18.5" short barrel for home defense a few years ago. It was on sale. It works. It shoots buck shot and slugs. The only problem I've had is I think it got too warm when I tried using it for skeet once and shells didn't want to fully eject towards the end of the course. It was fine after it cooled a while.

Did I make a bad choice? Am I a dork for not owning something that costs a fortune (for me at least)? I thought I was finally cool for owning a pump shotgun, but I wonder now.

I don't want bad guys to laugh at me. I demand respect. I will be taken seriously. I want them to know who's boss. I want them to kneel before me. I want them to beg. I want .... wait a minute ... two guys in white coats are coming to take me away ha-ha. They're coming to take me away ho-ho ... .....

Yeah, you're a dork and make bad choices... But apparently it has nothing to do with owning an H&R. haha.gif

If you're happy with it and it functions, it is a good firearm for you.

Screw what anyone else thinks, and as for the bad guys... Double down for them and throw in a chest full of 00.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 1

I have a Pardner Pump Protector and I see nothing wrong with it. While it is a cheaper knock off of an 870 I have had zero problems with mine....it sits in the corner beside my bed just in case I need her. I don't think anyone on the receiving end of the H&R would care that it costs less than an 870 or 500.....

Hey Guys:

Lately, I've heard more and more about Mossbergs and Remington 870 shotguns. I sort of feel like a 2nd class citizen because I own neither brand's shotgun.

No you're a 3rd class citizen.

1st class citizens have Ithaca Model 37's. haha.gif

Edited by S12KS-K

Hey Guys:

Did I make a bad choice? Am I a dork for not owning something that costs a fortune (for me at least)? I thought I was finally cool for owning a pump shotgun, but I wonder now.

If you bought a firearm because you think it makes you "cool", then please do us all a favor and sell it or give it away.

I don't give a damn what anyone thinks. You shouldn't either.

• Like 2

Don't sweat the haters. A lot of people look down at us for buying a Saiga over an AR-15 lol. It's a pretty good gun, hasn't let me down and I would trust it in a time of need. I even made a video about the same shotgun (in the shotgun section of this forum)

Edited by Vultite
I thought I was finally cool for owning a pump shotgun, but I wonder now.

These days, being "cool" means being a liberal prissy hipster who pisses himself at the sight of a firearm, does YOGA instead of real excercise, like weight lifting, and doesn't eat meat. So go be cool. lol

Lately I have heard that the Rem models have been hit and miss. QC apparently has been kinda off, understandable with how most industries have gone the last 15 or so years. I wouldn't say you made a bad choice, if it runs ok and you can depend on it. I'd bring it to a smith about the extraction issue just to be sure. Who knows maybe you have a worn extractor or something. Either way, having one is better than having none. An intruder isn't gonna like the sound of the action being pumped whether its brand X or brand Z.

Edited by VR6Shooter

Not sure how serious you are about caring what others think about your shotgun, but it doesn't make a bit of difference to me. If its for home defense then all I care about is its ability to go BANG. If you're gonna be shooting skeet, then it sounds like you may need an upgrade.

If any of them Fudds with a Mossberg or remington give you a hard time ask them with suprise why they dont have a "Parker Hale". I have seen some of these for over $5000 that are engraved and embellished with gold inlay. Actually the real die hard fudds laugh at the guys with remingtons or Mossbergs!

I bought an H&R "Pardner Pump" 12-gauge shotgun with an 18.5" short barrel for home defense a few years ago. It was on sale. It works. It shoots buck shot and slugs. The only problem I've had is I think it got too warm when I tried using it for skeet once and shells didn't want to fully eject towards the end of the course. It was fine after it cooled a while.

The bad news:

DO NOT LISTEN TO THESE GUYS, YOU PUMP IS BROKEN.

Send it to me for a LOT of testing, send LOTS of ammo as well.

It could take 3 to 4 days, um weeks to test, at that time I will tell you if it OK.

You had trouble with clays, send a thrower and 4 cases of clays as well.nothing.gif

The good news, just having fun with ya.haha.gif

If you shotty works it is good to go, if it gets hot and starts to eject hard, let it cool off, no worries.

Be Safe and HAVE FUN!!!

If you bought it for HD, then it getting hot and shells sticking during skeet, should be a non issue.

That is as long as it has never done it at any other time.

I'm mean really, you're not going to be banging away at bad guys for extended periods.

And as others have said, if ya wanna shoot skeet, get something better suited for fowl/clays.

I own a Smith and Wesson Model 3000 12 Gauge Pump.

I carry a box of tissues in my ammo bag because they laugh at me at the range. :)

I feel your pain.

If it goes BANG on the first shot, you should be fine.

Edited by Sim_Player