Serial # Range

Like myself and many others, we are all interested in the number of Vepr-12's that were imported (some more so than others). There is here say 1,000 were sent out within the first batch through various distributors. Is there such a way to quantify the number imported? Such as, by way of documenting serial numbers of rifles by those on the forums (at least enough to dictate a range )? At the end of the day, I am happy with my purchased and it has overshadowed my Saiga 12 tenfold. Fire away, my friends.

That doesn't really work out the way you think it would. Guns never seem to be shipped in the order of their serial numbers. The Tromix TR-15's never were either. The receivers are made in a batch and serialized. Then they end up going out for coating, or even in-house for coating, and they get all mixed up and out of order. Then they get mixed up some more when they get "shelved" waiting for assembly. Then mixed up some more when they get pulled from stock and built up. Some more mixing happens during shipping....and on and on.

And then FISH comes into play......you know.....First In Still Here. I hate to rain on your parade, but it just doesn't work out like you would like.

Hell, I got one of the first five Serbu BFG-50A's that were ever shipped. It was Serial Number 15. Why? I'm not sure, but probably because Mark Serbu was keeping the first 10 Serial Numbers for personal use. Many of them have probably never yet been built into guns.

And you're asking about imports.........pffttt. Hell, in the middle of your "range" a bunch could have been diverted to another country.

Im big on nerdy shit like this. If anyone wants to email me the serial number of their gun and a summary of anything different about their particular shotgun ill start a catalogue and post any notable trends.

Reverendfranz@ g mail dot com

That would all be anon of course

That doesn't really work out the way you think it would. Guns never seem to be shipped in the order of their serial numbers. The Tromix TR-15's never were either. The receivers are made in a batch and serialized. Then they end up going out for coating, or even in-house for coating, and they get all mixed up and out of order. Then they get mixed up some more when they get "shelved" waiting for assembly. Then mixed up some more when they get pulled from stock and built up. Some more mixing happens during shipping....and on and on.

And then FISH comes into play......you know.....First In Still Here. I hate to rain on your parade, but it just doesn't work out like you would like.

Hell, I got one of the first five Serbu BFG-50A's that were ever shipped. It was Serial Number 15. Why? I'm not sure, but probably because Mark Serbu was keeping the first 10 Serial Numbers for personal use. Many of them have probably never yet been built into guns.

And you're asking about imports.........pfffttttt. Hell, in the middle your "range" a bunch could have been diverted to another country.

Precisely the answer I was looking for! Thank you for your insight. I am in the manufacturing business and that is the exact way in which we operate. Per batches (lots) as we manufacturer under our label and private labels. Clarity is what I wanted and it was received

Truth be told, I purchased the Vepr-12 as my Saiga-12 had a slim opportunity of receiving your conversion within the immediate future. Your work is impeccable!

Thank you for the timely response, Tony.

Im big on nerdy shit like this. If anyone wants to email me the serial number of their gun and a summary of anything different about their particular shotgun ill start a catalogue and post any notable trends.

Reverendfranz@ g mail dot com

That would all be anon of course

As am I my friend, as am I. Count me in. I will shoot you over my information via email here shortly. As well, would it be any issue if I shared your information on ARFCOM?

Edited by Cartel