Saiga 20 FTF

I just purchased a converted saiga 20 from Alamo Tactical in San Antonio, TX. I notice that the Bolt sticks at the last little bit going into battery. Also I have been having FTF issues with the shells comming out with dimples along the bottom where the lower lug locks into. The edges of the lower locking lug on the barell is very sharp and seems to be gouging the shells. Is there some sort of feed ramp for the S12? Any suggestions. PICS will follow.

• 2 months later...
im not sure if you solved you problem yet but if you have i would love to know the solution. i just gat s20 and it will not eject shells. i noticed that it sticks just before entering full battery also.

Mine also "sticks just before entering full battery", I'm pretty suer this has to do with locking and not actually sticking though. At any rate, my gun shoots fine as long I'm using high brass buckshot or slugs. Mine also has has 3 ports and I've opened them slightly, but it still won't cycle the sheap stuff.

You posted in a different thread that your problem is ejection, and another member, a well trusted one I might add, said to check the ejector in the receiver to ensure that it is functioning properly.

Good luck, and let us know what you come up with cool.png

I just purchased a converted saiga 20 from Alamo Tactical in San Antonio, TX. I notice that the Bolt sticks at the last little bit going into battery.

Take the bolt and carrier out. Slide the bolt in the gun without the carrier and lock it in the locking lugs, as if a shell is chambered. Inspect where it's rubbing. There is a contact point you should see on the bolt lug the faces the ejection port, the metal will be scored. Take a file and take a thousandth of an inch off at a time and re-test until it doesn't hang up as bad.. Polish it with some flitz and it won't hang up.

Edited by S12KS-K

I would really recommend AGAINST filing away at your locking lugs... they are made to fit TIGHT for a REASON... the bolt on these shotties ALWAYS sticks before going fully into battery if you are EASING the bolt home... pull it back and LET GO like a man... dont pussy it and its FINE...

As far as failure to fire... that should have nothing to do with going into battery. Also... if you have an S12... you posted in the WRONG SECTION...

:smoke: