The real question is, who really gives a fuck about 922r? I mean, can someone show evidence

where someone has even been charged, let alone convicted, on violating it?

It's a "in the book" charge. When they throw the book at you, it comes with it. Like, you robbed a bank,

shot 5 people, sped out of town, hit three cars and killed seven more, shot some cops, etc, etc.....

.....and you broke 922r and had expired tags.

The real question is, who really gives a fuck about 922r? I mean, can someone show evidence

It's a "in the book" charge. When they throw the book at you, it comes with it. Like, you robbed a bank,

shot 5 people, sped out of town, hit three cars and killed seven more, shot some cops, etc, etc.....

Kinda like asking why buy car insurance unless you plan on getting in an accident or getting pulled over? There are plenty of theoretical ways to get charged with a 922r violation. The best way to not get charged is to be compliant, which is relatively easy to do.

• Like 1

It's not ugly, it's just not done yet.

Here's one that someone over at SKSboards did...

post-36765-0-22372000-1354578934_thumb.jpg

wow, now i actually want that. question, is the fal lower considered a firearm, or for FAL's is that the upper?

Also, idk why some guy warned about catestrophic failure. all its doing is changing the trigger group, essentially. the sks should still fire consistently.

The FAL lower is not a firearm - just a collection of parts.

I dunno, could be because with a select-fire lower, if it's set to full-auto, with no safety sear, the hammer may follow the bolt home and cause an out-of-battery detonation.

OK, were getting to a weird point here! I love the idea, the challenge, the creativity, that's great! But some pretty strange comments going on (oh, it is kinda ugly in a mutant way). And then the 922r thing and the FN still has select fire on it, I mean Wow!!! where to next. And it might not even be a gun as the upper that is not considered a firearm is mixed with a lower that is not considered a firearm are put together, what the hell is it?? All to strange, I'm going to the Miss Saiga section to get back to sanity!!!!

grimace.gif023.gif000.gif

Kinda like asking why buy car insurance unless you plan on getting in an accident or getting pulled over? There are plenty of theoretical ways to get charged with a 922r violation. The best way to not get charged is to be compliant, which is relatively easy to do.

I am going to disagree with your analogy. Complying with an arbitrary, stupid, archaic law is not similar to buying insurance. Insurance is investing against the unexpected. Compliance

with the 922r rule is merely allowing the government to run rampant over your rights. It also isn't safe.

In my profession, which would be engineering, one commonly sees reverse engineered things. Often, these are just as good, if not better, than

the things they were copying. However, sometimes key dimensions, materials, or preparation is missed. Then you have something that looks

like the original, but does not perform like it. This can be dangerous, as it can fail at a vital moment.

Or, in not as extreme a case, non-essential qualities can be changed. Perhaps it doesn't look quite right compared to the rest of the assembly, or

perhaps some call was made that makes the part work with the stock assembly, but common optional equipment will no longer work.

This is why access to the original prints and design files is important, and why aftermarket parts often require fitting to get them to work. Yeah,

they're close, but not perfect. The other problem is with what you said about it being relatively easy. Yes, it may be easy to ensure 922r

on a common AK platform, where aftermarket parts are prevalent and the fit is loose, but what about a precision weapon, like a Benelli or HK product?

Not so easy to make those 922r legal and still keep the quality of the gun.

Bottom line is, stupid laws are stupid, and I'll make no excuse for them. You shouldn't either.

the bolt and recoil systen is all within the sks upper. there is no need for the recoil bolt return spring in the fal stock. in fals the part that constitutes as a firearm is the upper( correct me if i am wrong) and with sks's the serial they go by is generally the importers stuff on the reciever or it can also be located on the bolt and several other places i belive. most if not 70% or more of his project is usa made so i dont see why it wouldnt be compliant. as for the select fire lower i assure you it does nothing all parts are stripped from it as are with the uppers. in order for full auto to work with a fal on the select fire there are parts needed just for that on the lower and the upper. it is merely for looks as it only does semi. as for saftey of this we are going to do a vigourous testing with you know...the old rope trick ? lol so hope that clears things up.

Edited by saigway
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...