My company has decided to cancel all work and clear out some warehouse space and have a bar-b-que on the 21st.

Not sure if it's just a coinkidink or if the new CEO is into "Mayanology" or WTF but thats it.

I been making jokes about EOTWAWKI since they made the announcement (no mention of why the 21st). We got 400 plus employees and the whole fucking shitshow is shut down for the 21st. NOT an inexpensive endeavor. I just know I wont forget to bring my CCW that day. My guess is there will be no shortage of delta bravo nut balls out that day.

Hate to spoil the fun, boys, but, the Maya are still alive and kicking. They live mostly in Mexico, but, they can also be found all across the Americas.

When their empire ended, after the arrival of The Conquistadors, they abandoned their cities, and, went back to the jungles.

They know what their calendar says, and, they laugh at the notion the world is going to end on 12/21/2012. Seriously. They laugh at that end of the world notion. Their calendar dates the end of an age of time. Just as we date ages like the Jurrasic, for example, that's all their calendar dates. No eotwawki.

You have to wait for The Bible's "End Times" for that.

Party on!

Edited by John U.
  • 3 weeks later...

If a solar flare hits later today and destroys the earth or some other major shit like that I just want to tell all of you guys that it's been great. I've had a blast (literally and figuratively) on this site. I will miss the rants, the builds, the how to's, the show us your saiga pics, but most of all I will miss Miss Saiga and all her lovely companions over in that section of the site. So long, farewell, hasta la vista, ciao.....

Well, the Mayan's said the calendar ends. Could be they never finished because of the Spanish arriving. Who knows. I'm home all day, and working on applying for new jobs to get the hell out of Illinois. Later tonight I'll bust out some Shiner Bock and have a few. At some point I'll wrap a couple of Christmas presents for the wife, and order a few more Beryl mags sine the price on them is normal still.

Edit- the surplus Beryl mags are sold out. Oh well, didn't need to have them anyway.

Edited by liberty -r- death