square backs......

It is nice to see those coming in, I am still happy to have saved the money with the slant cut. I would like a 54r someday. Those are priced at 725? I wonder why WPA didn't break this news.

the 54r is $850.99

Sorry the price I was looking at was on the .223

I should have stated that in my post.

The sale was certainly in preperation for the the new square backs. I don't mind the slant cut reciever, and now it'll be collectable! Most guys will change the stock out on the square back just like they do on the slant cut. Even if I factor in a basic stock adapter for the slant cut, I'm only at $545.00 compared to the $725 for the square backin .223. I'm still ahead $180 to go for 922r upgrades. I'd buy one if they went on sale, but it's not likely they will for some time to come.

The stock they ship the square backs looks like it's not finished. If any body buys a new square back let us know who the importer is. Centerfire was getting them through WPA. It'll be interesting to know if they are still selling the WPA imports.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just saw these tonight on Centerfire's site. Pics look like the front guard is also rough and unfinished. I can sorta understand the rear as it will not be hard to replace them but the front handguard takes more effort to get handguard retainers and everything right?

• 4 months later...