MrTs conversion

post-44856-0-77602600-1354838314_thumb.jpg

I have my basic conversion complete using TAC 47s conversion kit Kilo consisting of a KVAR Warsaw length stock, Tapco PG, Tromix TG, and TAC 47 FCG. I also have a UTG but pad and a custom fore grip by MrTs Performance Machine. Now I just need to take it out and fire it with the new parts installed. I still want to get a Molot brake and maybe some elevated sights. If you have used any of the elevated sights let me know how you like them. I do have a few concerns that they might not hold zero well.

Edited by misterT
  • Like 1

Yes it ran everything I put through it without one problem so I do not expect any problems. The TACK 47 FCG is profiled and polished and I polished the BCG already. Im really stoked about my fore grip too , I kept looking at all the ones available. But I wanted something different, I got an idea today and machined that one in a couple of hours.

• Like 1

Oh, and I have Dinzag blem front sights on both of mine. I am a fan. The low style lines up with the OEM sights nicely. I don't feel the need to elevate them, but your sights should line up to your eye when you shoulder the gun naturally, not to mine.

On my other gun, I have Dinzag's high style which lines up with the factory IZ-108 rail about a half inch higher. I suppose that is a little better alignment, but either feels right to me. I have also tried guns with have Krebs or CSS sights on them, and strongly prefer the dinzag sights. They are cleaner and look "factory". They also don't have a big ugly clamp sticking out of the bottom, because of where he located the set screws. IMO they are much better thought out. The downside is that they don't come with a nifty peep sight like Krebs. I do not like the notch site that came with the CSS sight, but I do like that it came with a hi-viz bead, and that it takes AR sight posts. (There are a lot more choices for tritium AR sight posts, and they tend to be much cheaper than the XS big dot on ebay.) The Russian one is probably the crudest of the options. I haven't seen them in person, but they have the ugliest snag of a clamp of any. I have also used Chaos sights on an extended rail. The front sight is good, but I am not really a fan of the HK style drum sight in the back.

All of the above are an improvement, but my vote is get the dinzags.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the responces everyone on here has made the purchase and conversion of my Saiga 12 a great experience. With so many choices out there I did a lot of reading and asked a few questions so I could get it right the first time. The members on here have always come through with the information I needed to make an intelligent decision "I PITY THE FOOL" that says otherwise! From which FCG to use to sights and muzzle brakes I have found what I needed on here. I do believe that I will go with the Dinzag front sight that Gun Fun suggested. I just need to decide on a muzzle brake,NO pointy mall ninja zombie killers just something that works well I think either the Molot style, Dinzag or Bonesteel. From what I have read the Molot style is probably the most effective but it is rather large. Now I have to go put on my "GOLD AND FEATHERS" FOR MY LADY!

The forearm looks like the cylinder of a revolver, clean and sexy. I remember seeing Mr.T before he was famous on tv on a Vagas bouncer competition. He compeated with the chains on. Just not as many. With mo money came mo gold foo. He was all attitude too. Not much talking in the interviews.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I received my Molot style brake today from CSS and this thing is HUGE. I knew it was about 5 inches long but it also is 1 1/2 inches in diameter where it fits over the barrel. So now I am rethinking my choices for a FSB because the ones I have seen appear to be about 1 inch diameter. I just think it would make the FSB look like a miniature toy. So either I make one myself or totally rethink the sights, any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

Simple. Go with what works, and your ideas of what looks proportional will adjust with time. AK47 probably looked like an absurd toy in 1948. Now it looks normal. That is what happened to me with the cartoonish 12 round mags that just look balanced to me now.

post-44856-0-63792400-1357305838_thumb.jpgI did end up making my own FSB and it matches the CSS Molot dtyle brake nicely, now I just need to replace the Recoil pad (grenade pad). I have been looking at the Limbsaver small grind to fit, it appears like it might just make it Edited by misterT
  • Like 2

mister T,

Very handsome representation of the S-12. I thought handguard was a modified FNC but to find out that you machined it yourself made it even better! Oh I wish I had access to this kind of machinery! Well Done!

nyclu3

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone for the compliments and the suggestions along the way this forum and its members have been a huge help in converting this and getting it finished. By the way I machined that fore end out of a piece of drainage pipe! O.K. so now after firing it with the new MD 20 drum I found out why people use vertical fore grips. SO I ordered a high point folding fore grip, then I read some threads about fore grips breaking. I think maybe I should have ordered a magpul angled fore grip, any thoughts? I am not just concerned about the grip itself but also about the short piece of picitinny rail I will have to attach to the fore end.

AFG is a very comfortable angle. You have the skills to mill out a matching Alu AFG with your own slots that would make it unique. It could be bolted to your forearm with tapped holes for a couple positions. That way you can remove it if you aren't into it. It could also incorporate a switch location for a tac/light if that is something you would want.