Saiga 12 vs grizzly ???

I live in Montana with Grizzly all around. Chances are you will never have to shoot one. I see them all the time when prospecting. Hot slugs work just fine. We all carry them in pump action shotguns. The pump action is more dependable than a Saiga. Last thing you want is a stovepipe when you are being charged. I also carry a .357 revolver on my hip and it never comes off when I'm in the woods. The shotgun can be at rest while you are working.

I would trust my tac47 after firing thousands of rounds out of it. but it's too nice to bash around in the mountains. Get a cheap dependable pump action and a good revolver to protect your ass in the back country.

I like the .357 because of it's velocity and it's puncturing ability. Grizzly have very thick coats and that is why my slugs and bullets are all very sharp. similar to an othp.

How do you tell the difference between black bear and grizzly bear shit? The grizzly bear shit smells like pepper and jingles when you kick it.

• Like 1
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i'm not a grizzly bear, but if i was, i would try to avoid getting shot with saiga shotguns

In my 35 years of handgun hunting, I can tell you without a doubt, short fat bullets (low sectional density) don't penetrate very well in large animals. I think the saboted slugs would do much better

I've always been under the assumption that if you blind a charging animal with buck (or even bird) shot, it will abandon the attack. Eyes are eyes...there are no impenetrable eyes. Then, you can follo

Posted Images