MKM 1919 low serial numbers

Today I got to thinking about my 1919, I jumped on the first chance to buy one of these and ended up with a pretty low 3 digit serial number. The only problem is that damn non mil spec top rail. I'm playing around with the idea of selling it or trading it torwards a newer 1919 with milspec rails eventually, I know this isn't a super rare gun but could that low serial number ever be worth keeping the gun oposed to getting a newer model?

If yours is around 200 and my first three are around 2700, there is no way in hell they came in, in any kind of order. 2,500 guns did not come in on the first shipment.

I believe only about 100 (non-spec rails) were flown in on the first shipment. The rest of the X guns, with good rails, came by boat according to Clyde at RAA.

Yours could be a pretty damn low serial number out of that first batch though. Unfortunately, I don't think those early guns with out-of-spec rails will bring a premium. Probably the opposite.

Tony

Sounds like the first batch to me... Mine's 110017X purchased over a year ago. Over-sized rail and the little dingle balls !

Might be worth contacting Clyde and ask him if he will replace the gun with one that has mil spec rail. He offered to swap mine out about 9 months ago, but I had already hacked it up and passed on his kind offer.

Keep an eye on the Drive Block for cracks, the early models had a very thin walled Block and was subject to cracking.