About a week ago, I caught my neighbor's wife breaking into my house on camera, going through my belongings, looking for money, drugs, cigarettes, or whatever. This woman, and her husband, have been friends for years. I've known her husband since grade school and we've been friends since the 7th Grade, making our now dissolved friendship of 15 years that much harder to swallow.

I just got a call at 1:30AM from my friend Sarah. What I didn’t know then, but that Sarah enlightened me to, is that they are going to (or already have) called the ATF on me, alleging that I am some sort of deranged psychopath gun crazy freak that is planning some sort of mass shooting like that nut in Denver did several months ago. They are claiming that I have in excess of 5,000 rounds of ammunition in my possession, and have meticulously planned some random act of terrorism.

I own 2 guns, and probably no more than 1,000-1,200 rounds between the 2. I have these rounds because I’ve been preparing for a worst-case “without rule of law” scenario where I may have to defend myself, my friends and family, and possibly live off the land if things went to hell and I was forced to hunt and trap in order to survive. Sure, one of those guns has a high-capacity magazine. Totally legal in my state, and a TON of fun to shoot. I'm a prepper. Not an extreme doomsday prepper, but I have a BOB or 2 laying around, a gas mask, and I've been training to be good with my guns so I can, if need be, defend myself.

And all this because I wouldn’t roll over and let them continue to f@#k me by robbing me blind.

They are also alleging that I threatened that I was going to kill them. I will openly admit that to anyone that wants to know that after I had video proof that they had indeed been robbing me, that I had loaded my Taurus Judge, expecting a confrontation because they themselves were armed.

I can’t believe this bullshit. I am one of the good ones. The only thing I’m guilty of is trusting those lunatic junkies in my house. I am an ordained minister, in good standing with the law, who writes poetry, believes in the constitution, and am honest and trusting to a fault. My worst fear is that a day will come when I would have to use my weapons.

I will seek legal counsel now, to clear my good name and to get a restraining order on them, pending a law suit for slander and defamation of character. I’m so hurt by all this, by a friend that I’ve considered a brother for over 15 years, that I simply don’t know what else to do. I don’t like getting the law involved, but at this point I need to deal with these bastards the only way I can, and the law is there to protect the innocent.

Anyone have some advice to give here? Anyone have an idea of how I can nip this in the bud?

Oh wow I'm sorry to hear of your predicament. I have to say if it was me, I would feel I had no choice but to beat them to the punch, and turn the tape over to the authorities. If you also tell them about these threats you have received, that may be the end of it.

Good luck and God Bless.

• Like 4

Yep, with everyone else. Turn them in right away! You cant be nice or give people like that an inch they will take a mile.

I would insist the police investigate their report too and possibly get them on false reports to the police. Throw the book at them! Chop the head off the beast and be done with it.

A paper trail in your favor is the most important thing. Then anything they say is not credible.

Edited by Chevyman097
  • Like 2

You don't have the ammo because you're preparing for WROL. That would make you a "crazy delusional right wing gun nut that's planning for the end of the world"...

So unless you want a nice relaxing vacation at your local acute behavioral health sciences unit as they take your guns for mental issues, you have it because after Obama got elected the first time, you couldn't find ammo to go target shooting due to the panic buy, and you wanted to ensure that never happened again because target shooting is a hobby of yours.

As for the rest, Good luck and back up the video before your system recycles the space.

Oh, and stay away from tweekers from now on.

motivatorcrystalmeth.jpg

• Like 1

Hell, I gotta join the boat with everyone else here. Report the brake in, here's the footage. List everything missing.... including the $1200.00 cash you had saved for the families X-mas presents. Order of protection.

They can say what they want about you, but it's gonna look like petty / get back shit after they get arested for B&E, burglary.

Keep us informed.

Yeah man, turn that MOFO over to the cops. Makes you a law abiding guy from the get-go. You have 2 guns and a few shooting trips worth of ammo, I dont really see that as a big deal AT ALL. The average gun owner probably has a shotgun, one or two pistols, one or two rifles, and ammo for all of them. The average owner that actually goes to the range semi-regularly probably has more ammo than you. Just make sure you're 922r compliant. Slander/Defamation usually require proof that their statements caused you loss of money. Legal fees may count.

If the feds wanna chat, you may want to get a lawyer to sit in with you, but in your case, id be open with them. They dont wanna waste any more time with you than they need too. Just dont be a confrontational a-hole. Say, look, im a gun owner, heres my receipts, i target shoot a few times a year, i have no criminal plans period, dont afiliate with any militias or groups, but ive heard about some comments being taken out of context, so im gonna turn it over to my lawyer now.

Edited by mostholycerebus

Turn them in before the S#*T gets deeper. They may just break in again and take those guns!!......or whatever else you have.

Their pathetic attempt to Blackmail you shows their desperation, and fear that you will do the RIGHT THING and turn them in.

Their problem is not one to deal with "Spiritually" and just Forgive them and hope it all gets better, Forgiveness and understanding are well and good as long as the authorities are notified and they pay their dues for what was done to you.

A man needs to be able to sleep well @ night, not worrying about Kooky-Druggies, and what they will do next.

• Like 1

You didn't call the police immediately when you caught your neighbor breaking into your home on video? Did you tell your neighbors - the ones who committed the crime - first?

Just asking because I don't fully understand why your neighbors are all of a sudden threatening/blackmailing you.

Should've called 911 ASAP or walked into the local station with the video.

• Like 1

Well you can still wait to press charges against their ass. Its not mandatory since you guys do know eachother. Isnt much different in the law's eyes if it was a family member doing so. Its up to you on that aspect. Thats how my local leo's explained that type of scenario to me. But as for the calling the feds on you, fuck'em. Call their bluff. You dont have anything to hide. You can tell them legally that you will shoot them if you find them in your house again without your consent. Introduce the video footage to them breakin in and then introduce it to the cops. Either way, their going to tell the law a bunch of bullshit. The cops aint stupid dude. In the end, they will know your not a nut, and that these fuckers are junkies.

Just make sure that when you go to the police that you tell them about their lame asses making threats against you.

And sorry, if this cat is the way you said he was, he's a sack of shit and not much of a friend and deserves a bullet. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

Well gents, I do appreciate the sound advice. I gathered up the videos and burned them to a cd, and took them down to the police. The officer handling the case was eager to help. I think they've had their eyes on them since they moved back to town 6 months ago. Since the videos don't show this guys wife actually stealing anything, all I can press is criminal trespassing. So, I'm pressing that to the full extent I can.

I posted this to a public forum because I want this to be a matter of public record. I have nothing to hide. Sure, that's something that only people that have things to hide will say, but in this case it's totally true. I have redacted their names because I fully acknowledge that it could be taken as slander. Innocent until proven guilty, right?

As far as being a "crazy delusional right wing gun nut that's planning for the end of the world", well; I live in Kansas, a state full of "crazy delusional right wing gun nuts".

The officer I spoke to, when I told him my ammo counts, chuckled and said, "Hell, that's mild around here. Most people I consider friends have quadruple that laying around." He asked me if I'm a hunter. I replied, of course, I hunt clay pigeons and wooden pallets, but eventually I'll go blast pheasants with my gun. I've had my shotgun [saiga12] for about 3 months.

I have made it a matter of public record for a reason. If it ever comes back 'round, I want it to be in the open. I don't fear the light of truth like these maggots do.

BTW, you guys are GREAT! I really feel at home in these forums.

Edited by slippingaway
  • Like 4