Rifle Dynamics AK to M-4 Stock Adapter

No apoligy needed ObiWan and I'm serious about your stock, send it in and I'll send you my thoughts on it. It's all about growing the AK industry. I talk to as many guys in the AK industry I can just for the purpose of bettering the whole picture and growing the popularity of the AK in the western world. We wanted to make a folding version of ours which is something I don't have time for right now but if you have a good one at this point it makes my customer happy when I can advise them on a part that will get them what they need even if we don't make the part. It's good business for all involved.

• Like 1

Thanks so much Jim for addressing these matters in this thread and reaching out to the community like this. Also, it is really amazing your offer to Bonesteel. Bonesteel is a great company and imo great at filling voids in the firearm market other companies are missing, Just to name a couple, their VZ58 quad rail is amazing and filled a huge hole that needed to be filled in the market that made many people happy(no homo). Also I can't personally sing enough praises about there Vepr 12 Firestorm brake. There is nothing like it on the market, period. I myself was a little bit skeptical about your product Jim, mainly because of the panic going on now and not knowing what I could buy in the future. I purchased a Vltor stock in the interim to test and compare just in case. While the Vltor adapter is nice, after reading your posts it is going to have to come off and the Rifle Dynamics is going back on. The Rifle Dynamics adapter looks much nicer, and the buffer tube is more inline with the receiver. Even with adding washers, the alignment is off a little on the Vltor adapter, and I can be very OCD at times. Your product has no such problems. Thanks again for a great product! Will update picture of my new setup when complete.

• Like 1
Thanks so much Jim for addressing these matters in this thread and reaching out to the community like this. Also, it is really amazing your offer to Bonesteel. Bonesteel is a great company and imo great at filling voids in the firearm market other companies are missing, Just to name a couple, their VZ58 quad rail is amazing and filled a huge hole that needed to be filled in the market that made many people happy(no homo). Also I can't personally sing enough praises about there Vepr 12 Firestorm brake. There is nothing like it on the market, period. I myself was a little bit skeptical about your product Jim, mainly because of the panic going on now and not knowing what I could buy in the future. I purchased a Vltor stock in the interim to test and compare just in case. While the Vltor adapter is nice, after reading your posts it is going to have to come off and the Rifle Dynamics is going back on. The Rifle Dynamics adapter looks much nicer, and the buffer tube is more inline with the receiver. Even with adding washers, the alignment is off a little on the Vltor adapter, and I can be very OCD at times. Your product has no such problems. Thanks again for a great product! Will update picture of my new setup when complete.

Muffinman, Thank you for your thoughts, In manufacturing today the mindset seems to be, "lets find a cheeper way to make more of the same so we can make more money". Our mindset is make a better product and you can charge more for it, same end result for the manufacturer yet the industry advances and the customer actually gets a better product. The Vltor tube is a good innovative product, I used one for several months and it helped me figure out what to do to ad more value to ours when it was being designed. I hope someonne will take our idea and advance it as well. I hope to myself but if some else does it first it's still good for our industry.I actively try to find good products from other companies that offer value to the end user, when I find an innovative product that really enhances and not just immulates I use what voice/influence I have to bring attention to it. I truly believe this is a winning way to advance our beloved AK platform onward into the future.

• Like 1

RD -

In that thread of advancing things, consider milling QD cups into the RD AK adapter. I have an UBR, so it's a non-issue on the platform I currently using it on - but if I use a CTR on an Rifle, QD Cups on the RD adapter would be keen.

I feel bad now for calling your inner adapter names. It's just that I want to be able to bash my buttstock repeatedly against a tree if I felt like it. I'm batshit crazy like that.

I understood that the design choice was made in part due to the inherent variations in AK dimensions. Hard to get around it without producing multiple inner adapters. When I get back stateside and can make my preferred stock interface that mates with the Vepr12 I will post it here.

I'm pretty sure you already know what it will look like.

• Like 1
RD -

In that thread of advancing things, consider milling QD cups into the RD AK adapter. I have an UBR, so it's a non-issue on the platform I currently using it on - but if I use a CTR on an Rifle, QD Cups on the RD adapter would be keen.

We were going to do that on the first prototype as it was bigger and had more room for it but with the size and shape we ended up with I'm afraid it would weeken the strength of the part. It will however except all the popular single point attachment plates.

I feel bad now for calling your inner adapter names. It's just that I want to be able to bash my buttstock repeatedly against a tree if I felt like it. I'm batshit crazy like that.

I understood that the design choice was made in part due to the inherent variations in AK dimensions. Hard to get around it without producing multiple inner adapters. When I get back stateside and can make my preferred stock interface that mates with the Vepr12 I will post it here.

I'm pretty sure you already know what it will look like.

Please don't feel bad, people hammer us frequently and they are intiled to do so. We do the best we can to bring meaningful/useful things to market if something we do inspires something better as I said before thats good for industry. Our industrial prowess as a country has diminished because far to many innovative things are not happening in our country. If someone makes a better stock adapter than mine I'll try to improve on what they did thats how we advance and grow. Drive innovation guys and we can restore our industrial leadership in the world.

@Muffman. I used model/ hobby paint that I found at my local Michaels. I also purchased a set of extremely small paint brushes, but personally I found a tooth pick to do the job better. Although that is just my opinion, personal results may vary.

• Like 1

To each his own, no doubt, it kills me to see how much crap MAC has stacked on the back of that RD adapter. The RD Adapter itself stick out, then the castle nut then the ambi-QD in the video. Ick.

I go way out of my way to make builds that are as low profile as possible. Only reason I will only have a folder is if I am able to get a duplicate of the Russian Vepr folder or the actual thing where there isn't a folding mech block outside of the receiver body.

Isn't the castle nut necessary? The Asap adapter seems to hold the buffer tube straight.

To each his own, no doubt, it kills me to see how much crap MAC has stacked on the back of that RD adapter. The RD Adapter itself stick out, then the castle nut then the ambi-QD in the video. Ick.

I go way out of my way to make builds that are as low profile as possible. Only reason I will only have a folder is if I am able to get a duplicate of the Russian Vepr folder or the actual thing where there isn't a folding mech block outside of the receiver body.I

Generally, yes, the castle nut is required. There are a few exceptions, I can be very picky so I will often complete my systems as such.

Here is an example of a buffer tube that requires no castle nut:

http://primaryweapons.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=139

PWS Enhanced Buffer Tube. Same amount of space, but at least it's put to good use, in that it has the QDs. In the MAC video, you see the RD Adaptor, then the Castle Nut, then a Ambi QD. Ugh.

Another way to do it is the Magpul UBR, which is what I did on my Vepr with the RD. No castle nut.

I have a little OCD when it comes to putting all the parts together on the firearms I build.