IWD 's Dragunov stock for Vepr

It was a great day smile.png

Got my Vepr back from Matt of IWD , will write more about his awesome job tomorrow, just came back from Lamb of God concert deaf , tired and happy:wink_smal, here some pics

IMG_0519_zpsf75211c2.jpg

IMG_0518_zps9392ff7d.jpg

IMG_0522_zpsb7798629.jpg

IMG_0529_zps5496591c.jpg

IMG_0541_zpsbe983a66.jpg

IMG_0554_zps2c818243.jpg

IMG_0561_zps0aa6801f.jpg

IMG_0566_zpsa51fdc42.jpg

They are ready to go ,IWD website

http://ironwooddesigns.com/IWDVEPRSVD.html

Man , stock is made better than an original,details and quality wise ,other than that its a 100% SVD stock ,West Coast Style :D.Matt and his team nailed it(as usual) Perfection , Fit is easy and solid,went to the range same morning put 100 rounds HB through,cheek piece, lengths of the stock is right on.What can I say?,I got to hold, and shoot SVDs and I tried USA made "Dragunov stile stock" this is the one that you can call USA Dragunov stock made in USA

Thank you Matt and guys from IWD .This is the best Hanukkah/Christmas present I ever had:small_gri

Edited by atakacorp
  • Like 1

Gorgeous. My next build will probably be a .308 with that furniture

why not X54? Cheaper ammo smile.png

more pics with Rakurs A scope

IMG_0606_zps00f5b009.jpg

IMG_0603_zps1ace7ba3.jpg

IMG_0598_zpsda9802ac.jpg

LOVE IT

Because I handload for .308 already. Cheaper ammo (more consistant, too!)

are you reloading for ,Veprs or Saiga? if not, you should know they usually chew brass and basically its loading (one time deal) :)

DANG! Forget a drag, this is the way to go. I have alot of guns with IWD stocks and grips and they are tops and US made. Excellent looker on the SVD wood!

Here is some of his stuff on my recent SBR Yugo 92.

IMG_0601.jpg

Nice blonde you got

there :)

I already load for my VEPR 223. It doesn't have any problems spitting brass out nicely. I'm hoping that a .308 would do the same. I have read a bit about the .308 in particular being rough on brass, but i don't know the particulars... not having owned one myself.

I'm not sure of my per round cost because my cousin, my brother, and myself all handload for the same calibers and share materials, so it is difficult to track cost.

I already load for my VEPR 223. It doesn't have any problems spitting brass out nicely. I'm hoping that a .308 would do the same. I have read a bit about the .308 in particular being rough on brass, but i don't know the particulars... not having owned one myself.

I'm not sure of my per round cost because my cousin, my brother, and myself all handload for the same calibers and share materials, so it is difficult to track cost.

I reload for my 308 , 6.5X55SE and 300 winmag this why I got 7.62X54R smile.png

5pm today field testing

P1010479_zpsc0413ff7.jpg

P1010484_zps471be603.jpg

more pics from the hunt,you can see how comfortable stock is

P1010508_zpsaca5276a.jpg

P1010505_zpsb0f8b1f7.jpg

P1010498_zpsd24e5fda.jpg

P1010511_zps816c29be.jpg

Edited by atakacorp
  • Like 1

Latest update

"We will be setting a production start date after the new year. The date will be based upon prepaid orders that we receive up until

the end of the first week in January 2013. Our schedule is packed, so we need to utilize a set amount to time to produce what is ordered.

The set will come with what is shown, but will be offered finished and unfinished. The butt stock requires quite a bit of CNC machining, not to mention

recoil pad, cheek piece lug, and sling bar installation. The sanding of the butt stock is quite involved as well. Currently these will only fit the Super Vepr,

until we can assess the hand guard mounting screw location and internal inletting for other Vepr rifle models.

The hand guard has a reinforced spine running along the bottom surface. We laminate a pice of Laminate, with the layers running horizontally,

as to give the hand guard more rigidity, and to give it more crush strength for the custom mounting screw, and if the customer wants to install a

commercial swivel stud for sling swivel or for bipod.

We will post butt stock length shortly. The cheek piece will be made in one shape only, because we simply cannot custom fit, or accommodate every

body type and facial structure. For those who order a finished set, we will leave the cheek piece unfinished, so the customer can shape the cheek

piece suit their needs. They can then send the cheek piece back to us so that we can finish the part."

For Laminate Russian Red finsihed set, use PART # SUPVEPR-SVD-RR PRICE $325 shipping $16

For unfinished Laminate set use PART # SUPVEPR-SVD Price $275 shipping $16

For now we will not be offering the set in any of our std. hardwoods, as we are not yet sure about

any potential structural issues where the upper and lower spines of the stock transition into the

pistol grip. We will have to test cut a hardwood version before we make a decision.

There will be no other custom modifications offered at this time. We will not at this time entertain any

custom requests. Please do not request any custom modifications.

• 3 weeks later...