just flipped on the news to see this. They dont have many details at all, only saying that 1 person, the gunman, is confirmed dead. they have a 2nd person in custody who was "in camoflauge" on or near the scene but didnt have any weapons. 2 weapons have been recovered, the first thing i heard was handguns. now they say glock and a sig sauer.

They havent released the age or id of the shooter, not sure if it is a student or employee. havent reported any injuries or deaths in the school. thats basically everything as of right now.

Edited by saiga genesis 7.62
  • Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yet one more reason not to send your kids into the public indoctrination system. To those saying "their faith has been tested"... That's Man, Not God. God was kicked out of the building, states, pol

when I hear of these things, it bothers me more about the state of our society,than possible legislation. where are we as a country? Please dont attack me for this but we need GOD back at the head of

The teachers in Israel are required to carry guns; Israel also has not turned its back on God as a nation and removed God from its culture and schools. Israel has not had any school shootings. This ha

Posted Images

It doesn't take faith in God to know that you don't shoot kids. He has killed plenty himself.

I do agree with you that the moral fabric of the country is crumbling. You can blame lack of faith, MTV, video games, weed, justin bieber. My vote goes with lack of INTEGRITY and personal RESPONSIBILITY.

• Like 9

It occurs to me that most of these mass shootings occur in States that aleady have very strict gun control legislation. More legislation is undoubtedly coming, and it makes me sick because it doesn't prevent the violence, but at this point my heart just goes out to families of the victims.

And for the record, I agree Shankkole. Don't worry about attacks, whether folks agree or disagree, our faith is what gets us through difficult times.

• Like 1

my niece and nephew attend a preschool that has a fingerprint scan in order to gain access to the classroom are of the building. you have to be registered in the computer in order for the door from the lobby to open to the hallways. Im sure this is expensive, especially considering the amount of doors on a school building.

my niece and nephew attend a preschool that has a fingerprint scan in order to gain access to the classroom are of the building. you have to be registered in the computer in order for the door from the lobby to open to the hallways. Im sure this is expensive, especially considering the amount of doors on a school building.

Security to prevent mass killings needs to stop people well outside the building. The finger print scanners are useful for somethings but a motivated killer can get past those.

• Like 1

Security to prevent mass killings needs to stop people well outside the building. The finger print scanners are useful for somethings but a motivated killer can get past those.

i agree but at the same time i dont believe a school should resemble a prison.

• Like 2

It doesn't take technology... just takes common sense. Layered, controlled entry and a dedicated security staff that can sit in a room and watch CCTV and respond armed, if needed. Close to thirty killed with just a couple of handguns...? this sicko had time on his side. How long did it take for police to respond? I have little doubt all of the end of the world 2012 apocalypse bullshit is feeding these psychos... it's going to get worse through to the end of the year.

• Like 1

My wifes an elementary teacher, she and the other teachers have been expecting this for years now. Security is a joke. Shes at least in the basement science lab where she can get behind two solid bolted doors into a concrete 'bunker'. Personally im for school marshals, but security needs to be the first thing fixed.

The Lord is really testing my faith this month.

I never thought I'd say this, but there needs to be some sort of change to gun laws in the US. We shouldn't have to turn fucking elementary schools - ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS! - into armed fortresses because we can't, as a nation, get our collective shit together with regard to gun violence.

Well, I wonder which F'd up twenty-something male it's going to be this time. I don't think our schools need to be turned into prisons. I think it would be more practical and effective to have one armed guard at every school and find a reasonable way to funnel all visitors past him. Just take away the "easy target" aspect of it and that will deter almost every one of these nut cases.

• Like 3

I never thought I'd say this, but there needs to be some sort of change to gun laws in the US. We shouldn't have to turn fucking elementary schools - ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS! - into armed fortresses because we can't, as a nation, get our collective shit together with regard to gun violence.

Even as sad and horrible as this newest shooting is, there is no way we should be making jumps into the gun control camp.

Remember WHY we have guns in this country. It would ultimately be far. far worse for children and families to give up our freedom.

We need to do a better job of protecting children in a dangerous society and a better job of getting rid of violent repeat offenders.

• Like 9

I never thought you'd say that, either.

In China its pretty common for psychos to go into grade schools with machetes and wreak similar havoc. We need to get our shit together with regards to mental health... as, no doubt, you have to have more than a couple of screws loose to go down that road.

• Like 7

In China its pretty common for psychos to go into grade schools with machetes and wreak similar havoc. We need to get our shit together with regards to mental health... as, no doubt, you have to have more than a couple of screws loose to go down that road.

just happened today, 20 dead in knife attack at school in china.

just happened today, 20 dead in knife attack at school in china.

22 *wounded* in China. Not dead. Big fucking difference, especially to the parents of those kids.

Yet one more reason not to send your kids into the public indoctrination system.

To those saying "their faith has been tested"... That's Man, Not God.

God was kicked out of the building, states, politics and conversation years ago.

• Like 17