Just terrible..

I feel some sort of ban on ammo/weapons/mags will happen now, Its inevitable. All I can say is get some while the getting is good.

The news just said they searched the suspects house and found his mother dead.

This guy probably has serious mental issues, reminds me Charles Whitman. Cleaning up his psycho life for the end before going on a rampage.

Edited by GREYLUPO
  • Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yet one more reason not to send your kids into the public indoctrination system. To those saying "their faith has been tested"... That's Man, Not God. God was kicked out of the building, states, pol

when I hear of these things, it bothers me more about the state of our society,than possible legislation. where are we as a country? Please dont attack me for this but we need GOD back at the head of

The teachers in Israel are required to carry guns; Israel also has not turned its back on God as a nation and removed God from its culture and schools. Israel has not had any school shootings. This ha

Posted Images

Like two years ago 20+ had been killed at a school in China with a knife. Killing humans is not some magical art that requires a firearm, humans have committed murder on a large scale before the iron age even.

Lack of Mental health services that actually function and lack of security are the problems.

After the aurora shooting I doubted that a gun ban was coming... Today I'm doubting it will be a year for the next gun ban to happen.

I have little doubt there will be a few more of these before the end of the year due to that stupid 2012 BS.

"[updated at 1:47 p.m. ET] A few more details from the White House press briefing earlier. White House spokesman Jay Carney said while today is not the day to debate gun policy, an assault weapons ban "does remain a commitment" of President Obama."

I never thought I'd say this, but there needs to be some sort of change to gun laws in the US. We shouldn't have to turn fucking elementary schools - ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS! - into armed fortresses because we can't, as a nation, get our collective shit together with regard to gun violence.

In China its pretty common for psychos to go into grade schools with machetes and wreak similar havoc. We need to get our shit together with regards to mental health... as, no doubt, you have to have more than a couple of screws loose to go down that road.

just happened today, 20 dead in knife attack at school in china.

22 *wounded* in China. Not dead. Big fucking difference, especially to the parents of those kids.

So....one more shooting is all it took and now you're all the way over in the gun control camp? What kind of gun control would you propose that hasn't already been tried and failed? Prohibition? Mag capacity? no gun zones? No guns for criminals? No guns for the mentally ill? Am I missing something?
  • Like 7

Im done arguing with the world about gun this or that....BUT I DO HAVE A SUGGESTION

here in the USA, they should pass a bill that makes all of us "viable citizens" that can carry a gun, those of us that register to vote, just like being called to jury duty, rather grand fury duty where you are on call for a year, to report to the town hall when summoned, interviewed, and then posted to a public citizen type that can and is forced to carry a firearm and be TRAINED to use it in civilian situations, just like any cop can carry on any airplane and in some restricted areas with the right class. you dont get to volunteer, you get picked by a couple of attourneys and judges, and you have to carry for one year, just like standing on a grand jury.

that might help.

and thats about all I have to say about that. be glad it wasnt my kid.

Im sorry for those affected by this. Its a real tragedy.

• Like 3

I never thought I'd say this, but there needs to be some sort of change to gun laws in the US. We shouldn't have to turn fucking elementary schools - ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS! - into armed fortresses because we can't, as a nation, get our collective shit together with regard to gun violence.

In China its pretty common for psychos to go into grade schools with machetes and wreak similar havoc. We need to get our shit together with regards to mental health... as, no doubt, you have to have more than a couple of screws loose to go down that road.

22 *wounded* in China. Not dead. Big fucking difference, especially to the parents of those kids.

So....one more shooting is all it took and now you're all the way over in the gun control camp? What kind of gun control would you propose that hasn't already been tried and failed? Prohibition? Mag capacity? no gun zones? No guns for criminals? No guns for the mentally ill? Am I missing something?

How about far more extensive background checks and a longer waiting period? If you are mentally ill, you should not be allowed to own a gun - EVER. If you are a convicted felon, you should not be allowed to own a gun - EVER.

More importantly, we need to start looking at the societal problems that lead to this sort of violence - lack of mental health funding, increased polarization of the American populace, lack of basic respect for those you may disagree with, lack of involvement in your community. Feel free to add more. 'God' may be the answer for some, but it isn't the answer for all.

Right now I'm just so sick at heart and angry I can't focus.

-D

Yep. No semi-autos or pistols period, like the UK.

Ya' know that's what they're eventually gonna go for.

As for mental illness.... What if they say the desire for firearms for self defense or one's interpretation of the 2-A means they're paranoid, therefore mentally ill?

As a former mental health professional, I'd strongly advise people think about that last one.

Doctors have more power than judges, and the government is about to take over healthcare....

ETA;

Just wait.... it'll be interesting to see what's passed by the 5-10 people who show up to vote on "whatever" during the upcoming surprise sessions held while the vast majority of the house and senate are home on vacation over Christmas & new years...

• Like 3

The recent ones all seem to have been commited by people with mental illness flags all over their backgrounds.

Yep. And this time it's 8 and 10 year old targets...

Many more people are mentally ill than those who are ever adjudicated mentally defective or committed to institutions (adjudication and commitment are really formal processes). Hell, for the duration that anyone's GP is prescribing prozac or sleepaids or whatever that might bring about a case of the crazies, those people shouldn't be anywhere near firearms!

Yet small, stupid check-box questions are the only things that will weed-out ill-intentioned gun buyers who aren't already on government radar. Form 4473 is fucking stupid -- using the honor system as a gatekeeper to firearms is proving itself as ineffective as it is fucking stupid.

I am a gun owner, and I am a concealed carry permit holder in Delaware. The process for concealed carry here is practical and should be applied to gun ownership in general. It requires references, background investigation, brief written statements, brief training, and a judge's approval.

Make every gun owner go through that process and renew on a 3 to 5 year basis. Grant extra privileges, like automatic concealed carry. Hell, might as well allow people silencers and full auto if quality checks could be done. It's reasonable, and good people will still keep access to guns.

I understand 2A is viewed as a right by many, but it's apparent to me that that the people who abuse 2A take away many more rights and pursuits of their victims. For that reason, I am ok framing 2A as a privilege.

I sort of doubt bureaucracy could deal with it properly, though.

Edited by Koljec

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_attacks_in_China_%282010%E2%80%932011%29

Im done arguing with the world about gun this or that....BUT I DO HAVE A SUGGESTION

here in the USA, they should pass a bill that makes all of us "viable citizens" that can carry a gun, those of us that register to vote, just like being called to jury duty, rather grand fury duty where you are on call for a year, to report to the town hall when summoned, interviewed, and then posted to a public citizen type that can and is forced to carry a firearm and be TRAINED to use it in civilian situations, just like any cop can carry on any airplane and in some restricted areas with the right class. you dont get to volunteer, you get picked by a couple of attourneys and judges, and you have to carry for one year, just like standing on a grand jury.

that might help.

not forced, shoul;d be more like snack duty... week rotations. this week its timmies mom, next week its jills dad. as pauly alluded too, most folks treat school as a daycare, and thats where the caring ends. if people had more of a stake in their situation instead of counting on the crazy ass sociopathic gooberment types to "fix" everything for em, we would be better off as a society....

so lets do the math. classroom of 20 kids, thats 40 parents, and there are 30 days in a month, and only some of those days the school is open, so 2 days month a paretn would have to call out of work and play kindergarten cop. by that i mean patrol parking lots, be on call, and trained. security isnt some mysterious thing, but its like locking your car door, most people are trust worthy, but there is still a fringe element...

This is absolutely horrible. But this goes beyond a mass killing. This was an act of terrorism plain and simple.

? thats why crazy people do stuff, is for a reaction. but to label every idiot event as a "terrorism" is stupid. so when i honk my horn at a guy on the freeway for being a dick i am a terrorist?

that might help.

not forced, shoul;d be more like snack duty... week rotations. this week its timmies mom, next week its jills dad. as pauly alluded too, most folks treat school as a daycare, and thats where the caring ends. if people had more of a stake in their situation instead of counting on the crazy ass sociopathic gooberment types to "fix" everything for em, we would be better off as a society....

so lets do the math. classroom of 20 kids, thats 40 parents, and there are 30 days in a month, and only some of those days the school is open, so 2 days month a paretn would have to call out of work and play kindergarten cop. by that i mean patrol parking lots, be on call, and trained. security isnt some mysterious thing, but its like locking your car door, most people are trust worthy, but there is still a fringe element...

nah, that is much too randomness. it shouldnt be a punishment for people that dont want to do it, more as a burden to those that are willing and able. Im talking the whole 9 yards, proper training once a month, "shall defend" requirements, "shall not lose possession" regulations, bullet casings that are surrendered to you when you are done with your SS# on it loaded with gov issue AP,

Edit - and oh yeh, for those "talkers" out there that think thier shit is the biggest in the mix, the same federal regulation that grand jurors have, that states you SHALL NOT identify yourself to the public, until the situation that you are required to stop presents itself.

actually having to shoot someone dead when you are not mentally ill or in a drugged rage, is not a fun or proud thing to do. ask around.

you guys want a militia? there ya go!

Edited by Ben Vampatella

The recent ones all seem to have been commited by people with mental illness flags all over their backgrounds.

Yep.

Many more people are mentally ill than those who are ever adjudicated mentally defective or committed to institutions (adjudication and commitment are really formal processes). Hell, for the duration that your GP is prescribing you prozac or sleepaids or whatever, you shouldn't be anywhere near firearms!

Yet small, stupid check-box questions are the only things that will weed-out ill-intentioned gun buyers who aren't already on government radar. Form 4473 is fucking stupid -- using the honor system as a gatekeeper to firearms is proving itself as ineffective as it is fucking stupid.

I am a gun owner, and I am a concealed carry permit holder in Delaware. The process for concealed carry here is practical and should be applied to gun ownership in general. It requires references, background investigation, brief written statements, brief training, and a judge's approval.

Make every gun owner go through that process and renew on a 3 to 5 year basis. Grant extra privileges, like automatic concealed carry. Hell, might as well allow people silencers and full auto if quality checks could be done. It's reasonable, and good people will still keep access to guns.

I understand 2A is viewed as a right by many, but it's apparent to me that that the people who abuse 2A take away many more rights and pursuits of their victims. For that reason, I am ok framing 2A as a privilege.

I sort of doubt bureaucracy could deal with it properly, though.

so what happens when your wife screws your buddy and you go crazy? are you gonna stop and go turn in your guns because you are now crazy? gimme a f"n break! what will stop whackos is sane people ready for them. "man tries to go crazy, but alert citizen curb stomps him" is how it should read....dam!

Pauly:

Is depression not classified as a mental illness?

If so any Doctor could tag a patient as mentally ill with the attendant consequences = slippery slope.

yes, but the irony of that statement, is the vast majority of these shooters are on, or coming off of psych drugs. unsure.png

(pay attention to the side effects statements on the psych-drug commercials)

That being said, the publicity of these events spurs additional events, so in essence, we, along with the national medias are currently perpetuating the next one.

• Like 2

How about far more extensive background checks and a longer waiting period? If you are mentally ill, you should not be allowed to own a gun - EVER. If you are a convicted felon, you should not be allowed to own a gun - EVER.

More importantly, we need to start looking at the societal problems that lead to this sort of violence - lack of mental health funding, increased polarization of the American populace, lack of basic respect for those you may disagree with, lack of involvement in your community. Feel free to add more. 'God' may be the answer for some, but it isn't the answer for all.

Right now I'm just so sick at heart and angry I can't focus.

-D

I think everyone is quite disturbed right now... and now is not the time to try and fix things.

Waiting periods mainly punish people that wait until they're thrust into a circumstance in which feel they need a firearm to protect themselves. Mentally ill is a very broad spectrum and using that alone would overwhelmingly disarm a large law-abiding and low-risk cross section of Americans (including many veterans). Convicted felons are already barred from ownership, and its a very intensive process to try and get those rights reinstated. Gun control is generally a one sided approach that only restricts a majority of low-risk or no-risk Americans for incredibly limited returns. You're on the right track, the mental health picture of our country is probably what needs to be in the spot light. Hopefully, the dialogue will get started in that right direction and not side tracked on the tools used by those disturbed by their own demons.

• Like 4

"We've had to many of these events in the past few years"

Yep, gun ban coming.. The only hope for the rights of the rest of us, is that its coming up on their break. And they will have time to temper their thoughts.

The most controversial legislation tends to happen during these "breaks" because the opposition's not present.

Call me a "Chicken Little" if you must, but my mindset's;

keep-calm.jpg

Ginny Burdick here, is already trying to pass legislation banning the transfer of mags over 10 rounds so I got a head start already. It's emergency legislation that takes effect as soon as it's passed, so I opted for expedited shipping & processing.

Needless to say, I'm feeling pretty good about having kept my medical licences current to serve as a backup career should legislation kill my business, and therefore livelihood.

I'm sure you're in the same boat.

@Risky -sheep. some of us become focused and have clarity when bad shit happens, or a serious situation presents itself.

Says all sides, especially the ones that push gun control agendas.

i guess you didnt read my other posts, if you are trying to imply something....

gun control IS NOT the answer. Its time to bring back the militia laws that ARE STILL ON THE BOOKS

• Like 1