• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yet one more reason not to send your kids into the public indoctrination system. To those saying "their faith has been tested"... That's Man, Not God. God was kicked out of the building, states, pol

when I hear of these things, it bothers me more about the state of our society,than possible legislation. where are we as a country? Please dont attack me for this but we need GOD back at the head of

The teachers in Israel are required to carry guns; Israel also has not turned its back on God as a nation and removed God from its culture and schools. Israel has not had any school shootings. This ha

Posted Images

Every school in my state has at least one armed police officer. I think every school across the country should have at least one or two. This is a fucked up mess. I feel that Mark Martin said it best.

"

What happened in Connecticut today was an absolute tragedy. No community should have to go through that. I think it is important to say that Gun Control cannot prevent what happened today. The bad hands who do those types of atrocities will...

acquire a firearm whether it is legal or not. The sad truth is that gun control only worsened the extent of what happened today. Had a teacher or school official been trained and legally concealing a firearm they could have ended this with much less collateral damage. My thoughts and prayers go out to the community, especially to the parents of the children who were the innocent casualties of a deranged man. If somebody perversely twists this tragedy to bash the rights of responsible gun owners I will not be surprised, this is what the power hungry politicians thrive on. Guns do not kill people. People Kill People. I think it is important that the impressionable minds who will easily be persuaded by the witty and one-sided anti-gun advocates in the media see this post. please share"

This def. doesnt help us as gun owners.

• Like 3

Exactly what weapons were used?

Was the shooter the legal owner of any of them or did he acquire them illegally?

Were any of the weapons already banned under Conn law which is very strict (they have a State version of the federal assault weapons ban)

Part of the answer, although not the complete solution is mental health checks, repeat checks, money and beefed up school security. You should hot even be able to get into a school unless you are cleared in an area, that if not cleared in, glass is bullet proof, and someone on the other side of the cleared area has to permit you through.

There is going to be hell to pay for this, sooner or later

I just watched the forensic team pull a loaded saiga 12 out of the trunk of the shooters car from the heli cam live on nbc. it looked unmodified. it had what looked like a standard mag.

Where and who is the guy in the black shirt and cammo pants that was found in the woods?

Some are saying it is a .223, the guy is the brother

I already heard about the .223 stuff. Who knows about that. What I believe I just witnessed live on television was 4 forensic agents photographing a trunk of the black vehicle that may be the shooters. They shined lights on the car after photographing and an agent came over to pick up the weapon and cleared it. The agent removed the magazine and pulled back the charging handle. It looked unmodified. The bolt held open and the agent tried to force the action forward. Pretty typical for someone to do not knowing about the bho. The heli cam went into focus really well and I noticed the unmistakable forearm grip frim Izhmash.

I'm sad for the families and children effected by this atrocity. We need to consider who we give medications to and what we do with them. Nobody is mentioning that psychoactive drugs are used by almost all of these sick bastards.

My eyesight is perfect and my knowledge of different types of firearms is pretty high speed. I hope I made a mistake in what I just saw live on TV but I would not bet that I made a mistake. It was a saiga 12. Thankfully it was not used in the shooting and was found in the trunk. Hopefully it was stolen.

I just watched the forensic team pull a loaded saiga 12 out of the trunk of the shooters car from the heli cam live on nbc. it looked unmodified. it had what looked like a standard mag.

Where and who is the guy in the black shirt and cammo pants that was found in the woods?

Some are saying it is a .223, the guy is the brother

I already heard about the .223 stuff. Who knows about that. What I believe I just witnessed live on television was 4 forensic agents photographing a trunk of the black vehicle that may be the shooters. They shined lights on the car after photographing and an agent came over to pick up the weapon and cleared it. The agent removed the magazine and pulled back the charging handle. It looked unmodified. The bolt held open and the agent tried to force the action forward. Pretty typical for someone to do not knowing about the bho. The heli cam went into focus really well and I noticed the unmistakable forearm grip frim Izhmash.

I'm sad for the families and children effected by this atrocity. We need to consider who we give medications to and what we do with them. Nobody is mentioning that psychoactive drugs are used by almost all of these sick bastards.

My eyesight is perfect and my knowledge of different types of firearms is pretty high speed. I hope I made a mistake in what I just saw live on TV but I would not bet that I made a mistake. It was a saiga 12. Thankfully it was not used in the shooting and was found in the trunk. Hopefully it was stolen.

• Like 3

A bunch of people get slaughtered including children and you want to argue gun control? Pathetic. Gun control has NEVER prevented a determined crazed maniac from wreaking havoc.

Pathetic.

Hey lets talk about crime prevention. Real crime prevention. Stop putting these idiots in warm prisons with Tv, weight rooms, daily activities like basketball and tennis. How about we lock up the criminals that might, MIGHT, can be rehabilitated in work prisons, where they have to farm their own food and bust rocks every day. Lets carry out swift executions of deranged killing idiots by hanging and and bringing back the gas chambers. Lets not forget to invite the whole town so that everyone can see what happens when you kill people. THEN! and ONLY Then will this crazy shit stop happening and these mentally disturbed morons will start thinking twice about what they do. This country has become a pussy ass country that is afraid to offend anyone. BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY!

Oh and arm more people.

Edited by Chevyman097
  • Like 12

@chevyman097 - go check my first posts in this thread out.

gun control hasnt worked, and neither will taking 1/4billion guns away.....

What are you talking about Ben? That is exactly what my whole post is about.

Read it again bro.

Edited by Chevyman097

This has been going on since 1927. It is insanity not the guns that is causing this. Watch them seal the medical records (medications?) ASAP. No AK's or AR's were around in 1927. No black rifle?,..... no problem, just use a knife as the nut job did in China today or a bomb as was used in 1927. Bring back religion and the family unit where the father actually earns a real living wage and a lot of this crap will disappear.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

• Like 5

How many times must we learn the same lesson over and over again?.. When will we start arming our teachers/staff to protect the kids like Israel does? Another killing spree in a gun free zone... Our children will continue to die as long as we as a culture insist on keeping the politically correct "victim" mindset. Please keep the families of the fallen in your prayers, I can not comprehend their grief..Personally, I don't believe a classroom full of dead children is morally superior to a teacher standing on a pile of hot brass knowing all her kids will be in class tomorrow because she chose to protect them. question is, could a mother drop the hammer on her own kid...?

How many times must we learn the same lesson over and over again?.. When will we start arming our teachers/staff to protect the kids like Israel does? Another killing spree in a gun free zone... Our children will continue to die as long as we as a culture insist on keeping the politically correct "victim" mindset. Please keep the families of the fallen in your prayers, I can not comprehend their grief..Personally, I don't believe a classroom full of dead children is morally superior to a teacher standing on a pile of hot brass knowing all her kids will be in class tomorrow because she chose to protect them. question is, could a mother drop the hammer on her own kid...?

+1 Juggs

• Like 6

Schools need more actual security, not feel good rules.. Fence and closed gates make unauthorized access complicated.

Lots of outstanding veterans returning home that could use a good security job protecting the children of America. Post one veteran at every entrance of a school and get the funding from the union teachers bloated salaries and huge pensions. Who would want to shoot up a school with a few well armed grunts and jar heads standing at the doors greeting the kids as they come to school?

Veterans would probably be better suited and more welcoming to place as guards at schools than police. They could protect the kids instead of interrogating and arresting them. Pretty sure they know how to handle a threat.

Edited by Stryker0946
  • Like 5

Let me touch base on a a couple of items.

Singling people out that are under a doctors care for depression, or sleeplessness and taking away their right to defend themselves is ridiculous. This is way too broad of a spectrum and would certainly infringe on rights. I know several people under this kind of care (not me BTW) and I wouldn't fear them even if they weren't taking their meds. One thing the media touched on while I was watching was that families need to not be in denial when they see loved one's heading off the deep end. Many times there are warning signs that families ignore. The man that did this was truly sick. This has nothing to do with guns in reality. What if he had gone in with a few easily made pipe bombs and done probably more damage? We wouldn't be having this conversation, but would be having one about the root cause. His mental illness.

Second is about felonies. I know a person that committed a non violent crime when he was young and stupid. It was a drug charge that was a felony. He has since grown up, has a beautiful wife, great kids, a good tax paying job and is one of the best people I know. I would trust this man with mine and my family's lives. So just because you didn't get caught doing something that was very poorly thought out while you were young, don't be so quick to judge every person with a felony to not have the right to defend their family against sick fucks such as the shooter today.

As for gun control... Hell yes we need gun control. Every person that goes to buy a gun needs to have training. A GOOD full day class would suffice for me. No online bullshit. I know people will find a way around it and have fake "training Id cards" on the internet the day after the supposed law was passed. Nothing is fool proof. But, if proper training were a requirement, the gun control freaks may feel more comfortable knowing that people have to exhibit even the most basic of gun handling skills before being able to purchase.

My prayers go out to the families of those fallen today. I also pray that our government does not go off the deep end and do something that will only lead to more needless blood shed, We all know these gun free zones are a recipe for disaster.

• Like 1

you would think with all the valuable things we already protect with deadly force every day (tanks and solders protecting gold or whatever), our children would be among them...

You and I may have our differences, but I agree wholeheartedly in exactly what you just said. I know as forum staff, that you read my comments on page 2, so you know my stance.

you would think with all the valuable things we already protect with deadly force every day (tanks and solders protecting gold or whatever), our children would be among them...

that is EXACTLY what Im proposing.

Supposedly four guns total were found at the scene. Different news agencies are reporting...

2 handguns: a glock and a sig

1 rifle: a .223 configuration unknown

1 unknown

Stryker0946 is reporting the unknown as a S-12 in sporter configuration Knowing what guns were used is important as it may determine the direction gun control advocates take. Anyone with current information please chime in.

why do you think we dont hear about armed retired cops on the scene? its a niche. trusted service in any public field is already honored. what about the rest of us?

+1 indy

Edited by Ben Vampatella

I don't understand what drives people to do these things... So very sad. Now we have to worry about our kids in the elementary schools???

Prayers and condolences to all those affected by this tragedy.

Evil is among us and we must weed them out and punish them accordingly.

nyclu3

• Like 1

Thorough mental health background checks would have nailed most of these most recent attacks. Gun owners also need to be prosecuted for the crimes commited with their guns. Welcome to responsibility. If it gets stolen, report it. If you have a psycho younger son, keep your shit locked up. A jury of your peers can determine how innocent you are.

Second is about felonies. I know a person that committed a non violent crime when he was young and stupid. It was a drug charge that was a felony. He has since grown up, has a beautiful wife, great kids, a good tax paying job and is one of the best people I know. I would trust this man with mine and my family's lives. So just because you didn't get caught doing something that was very poorly thought out while you were young, don't be so quick to judge every person with a felony to not have the right to defend their family against sick fucks such as the shooter today.

Yeah, I know a few guys like that too. Because they care about their 2nd amendment rights, they got lawyers to have their record expunged and restored their rights. This is a non-issue.

Edited by mostholycerebus

Being in a small town in Connecticut I'll bet if you were to ask the parents of the children killed if they would want to have the teacher armed every last one of them would have said hell no. Today I'll bet every last one of them would give everything they own to go back to yesterday and put a gun in the hand of that teacher just so their child would have a CHANCE at survival. Just like before 9/11, we fail to recognize the obvious and take relatively small but controversial counter measures. And just like after 9/11, instead of employing practical solutions that work to directly counter criminals, we'll go after the rights of the law-abiding people in hopes of vaguely affecting criminal activity in some miniscule way.

• Like 6

Thorough mental health background checks would have nailed most of these most recent attacks. Gun owners also need to be prosecuted for the crimes commited with their guns. Welcome to responsibility. If it gets stolen, report it. If you have a psycho younger son, keep your shit locked up. A jury of your peers can determine how innocent you are.

Yeah, I know a few guys like that too. Because they care about their 2nd amendment rights, they got lawyers to have their record expunged and restored their rights. This is a non-issue.

I only addressed it since it was brought up earlier.

May not have got this one. News said that all the guns were registered to the mom. They also said the tactical .223 was in the car and he only used the Glock and Sig.

I'm not saying I want more gun control but, its going to be hard to rationally argue gun rights with 20 fresh small graves dug.

No, I disagree. It will be very easy to "rationally" argue gun rights. The problem is that those freshly dug graves will over ride many people's mood to be rational.
  • Like 1

I'm not saying I want more gun control but, its going to be hard to rationally argue gun rights with 20 fresh small graves dug.

I disagree since there were no armed good guys there to prove our point. Had the gunman been taken out by a teacher who broke the no gun rule, one has to wonder what would be being said about gun control.
  • Like 2

Let me touch base on a a couple of items.

Singling people out that are under a doctors care for depression, or sleeplessness and taking away their right to defend themselves is ridiculous. This is way too broad of a spectrum and would certainly infringe on rights. I know several people under this kind of care (not me BTW) and I wouldn't fear them even if they weren't taking their meds. One thing the media touched on while I was watching was that families need to not be in denial when they see loved one's heading off the deep end. Many times there are warning signs that families ignore. The man that did this was truly sick. This has nothing to do with guns in reality. What if he had gone in with a few easily made pipe bombs and done probably more damage? We wouldn't be having this conversation, but would be having one about the root cause. His mental illness.

As for gun control... Hell yes we need gun control. Every person that goes to buy a gun needs to have training. A GOOD full day class would suffice for me. No online bullshit. I know people will find a way around it and have fake "training Id cards" on the internet the day after the supposed law was passed. Nothing is fool proof. But, if proper training were a requirement, the gun control freaks may feel more comfortable knowing that people have to exhibit even the most basic of gun handling skills before being able to purchase.

My prayers go out to the families of those fallen today. I also pray that our government does not go off the deep end and do something that will only lead to more needless blood shed, We all know these gun free zones are a recipe for disaster.

Depression, sleeplessness, anxiety, alcoholism, etc, etc......you might as well fire half the cops, too. No, these are not the kind of mental illness that we need to talk about with regard to gun ownership. Way too broad and commonplace.
  • Like 1

all of it is broad. we need to redefine the local Militia, and get some help recreating it for the good of the communities. thats whats going to stop it, but how to keep it from starting a small internal war is another matter....thats what we need to decide upon.

cause....this shits gotta stop, and it aint no gun control or lack of it thats gonna do it, i hate to say, friends.

Being in a small town in Connecticut I'll bet if you were to ask the parents of the children killed if they would want to have the teacher armed every last one of them would have said hell no. Today I'll bet every last one of them would give everything they own to go back to yesterday and put a gun in the hand of that teacher just so their child would have a CHANCE at survival. Just like before 9/11, we fail to recognize the obvious and take relatively small but controversial counter measures. And just like after 9/11, instead of employing practical solutions that work to directly counter criminals, we'll go after the rights of the law-abiding people in hopes of vaguely affecting criminal activity in some miniscule way.

On one of the news casts I was watching earlier they conducted a phone interview with one of the parents of a student at the school (not a victim). At one point, she said something to the effect of "Why can't we, equip, our teachers with.... things... to deal with these situations?" Obviously, by 'equip' she really meant arm and by 'things' she really meant GUNS. Even in the liberal northeast, people know what we need to do to prevent these attacks from being successful... they just can't accept it.

• Like 1