The thought of some sick fuck pointing a gun at a child turns me inside out. The absolute horror those parents must be going through is unimaginable to me. I keep picturing my kids in that school trying to hide from that monster. To me the guns laws have to be strengthened and enforced in the area of keeping firearms out of the hands of those who are mentally ill or have proved themselves unworthy or firearm possession due to past violent criminal behavior. My experience as a police officer always seemed to center around these two types of individuals when violents acts were committed with firearms. Good honest folks will have to pay yet again for nutjobs and dirtbag criminals.

This may get many members on this forum down on me but facts are facts. There are many individuals currently in law enforcement at all levels who are currently on depression meds. When a prospective officer applies for a job they are asked if they take meds or have ever suffered from depression. Some lie. Some don't develop depression/bipolar/anxiety conditions until after they are hired. Some agencies may have stricter rules than others but I personally know officers who wear a gun and take prozac, zoloft, paxil,...ect. None of the law enforcement agencies I know of require a police officer to disclose his medical information to them after they are initially hired. Most would not anyway. With many of the medical disclosure laws enacted today it may even be next impossible for law enforcement agencies to obtain the records. A large percentage of returning soldiers suffer from these problems and some find their way into law enforcement jobs. I'm not saying they will all go crazy and shoot up a school but just because a individual wears a unifrom does not mean they are not on meds for depression, anxiety, or other symptoms. Suicides rates for police officers are generally considered the highest of any other profession. The military is ranked fairly high also. I am a past police officer and I hate to say it but police officers who take medication for these type of symptoms should not be on duty...but many are. Mental illness and guns simply do not mix well.

Edited by t165
  • Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yet one more reason not to send your kids into the public indoctrination system. To those saying "their faith has been tested"... That's Man, Not God. God was kicked out of the building, states, pol

when I hear of these things, it bothers me more about the state of our society,than possible legislation. where are we as a country? Please dont attack me for this but we need GOD back at the head of

The teachers in Israel are required to carry guns; Israel also has not turned its back on God as a nation and removed God from its culture and schools. Israel has not had any school shootings. This ha

Posted Images

Being in a small town in Connecticut I'll bet if you were to ask the parents of the children killed if they would want to have the teacher armed every last one of them would have said hell no. Today I'll bet every last one of them would give everything they own to go back to yesterday and put a gun in the hand of that teacher just so their child would have a CHANCE at survival. Just like before 9/11, we fail to recognize the obvious and take relatively small but controversial counter measures. And just like after 9/11, instead of employing practical solutions that work to directly counter criminals, we'll go after the rights of the law-abiding people in hopes of vaguely affecting criminal activity in some miniscule way.

On one of the news casts I was watching earlier they conducted a phone interview with one of the parents of a student at the school (not a victim). At one point, she said something to the effect of "Why can't we, equip, our teachers with.... things... to deal with these situations?" Obviously, by 'equip' she really meant arm and by 'things' she really meant GUNS. Even in the liberal northeast, people know what we need to do to prevent these attacks from being successful... they just can't accept it.

Fortunately or Unfortunately the high school my daughter goes to has police assigned to the school. Depending on your point of view - 1. Great considering what happened today or 2. Kind sucks that it is required in the relatively small town we live in. But I guess I should be ecstatic and ask them to add one to each school in the district. You can raise my taxes for that.

• Like 1

I just watched the forensic team pull a loaded saiga 12 out of the trunk of the shooters car from the heli cam live on nbc. it looked unmodified. it had what looked like a standard mag.

Where and who is the guy in the black shirt and cammo pants that was found in the woods?

Some are saying it is a .223, the guy is the brother

I already heard about the .223 stuff. Who knows about that. What I believe I just witnessed live on television was 4 forensic agents photographing a trunk of the black vehicle that may be the shooters. They shined lights on the car after photographing and an agent came over to pick up the weapon and cleared it. The agent removed the magazine and pulled back the charging handle. It looked unmodified. The bolt held open and the agent tried to force the action forward. Pretty typical for someone to do not knowing about the bho. The heli cam went into focus really well and I noticed the unmistakable forearm grip frim Izhmash.

I'm sad for the families and children effected by this atrocity. We need to consider who we give medications to and what we do with them. Nobody is mentioning that psychoactive drugs are used by almost all of these sick bastards.

My eyesight is perfect and my knowledge of different types of firearms is pretty high speed. I hope I made a mistake in what I just saw live on TV but I would not bet that I made a mistake. It was a saiga 12. Thankfully it was not used in the shooting and was found in the trunk. Hopefully it was stolen.

I just watched the forensic team pull a loaded saiga 12 out of the trunk of the shooters car from the heli cam live on nbc. it looked unmodified. it had what looked like a standard mag.

Where and who is the guy in the black shirt and cammo pants that was found in the woods?

Some are saying it is a .223, the guy is the brother

I already heard about the .223 stuff. Who knows about that. What I believe I just witnessed live on television was 4 forensic agents photographing a trunk of the black vehicle that may be the shooters. They shined lights on the car after photographing and an agent came over to pick up the weapon and cleared it. The agent removed the magazine and pulled back the charging handle. It looked unmodified. The bolt held open and the agent tried to force the action forward. Pretty typical for someone to do not knowing about the bho. The heli cam went into focus really well and I noticed the unmistakable forearm grip frim Izhmash.

I'm sad for the families and children effected by this atrocity. We need to consider who we give medications to and what we do with them. Nobody is mentioning that psychoactive drugs are used by almost all of these sick bastards.

My eyesight is perfect and my knowledge of different types of firearms is pretty high speed. I hope I made a mistake in what I just saw live on TV but I would not bet that I made a mistake. It was a saiga 12. Thankfully it was not used in the shooting and was found in the trunk. Hopefully it was stolen.

i hope you are blind as fuck.

• Like 1

our Veterans already have done thier jobs.

@t165 - no sir, more gun control will not work.

I would think as a LEO you would see that logically.

The solution is a serious approach to security at schools, malls, etc.

Ive been thinking about that one for a few years now....so no right to free asssembly? DISPERSE?

nah.

call me a cheese ball, but here ya go

something i remember well....

@t165 - no sir, more gun control will not work.

I would think as a LEO you would see that logically.

The solution is a serious approach to security at schools, malls, etc.

He does see it logically. thats my point. its not his burden to carry now, it is ours.

Edit - wait, im an old man now soon, but i will fight for right.

I would like to hear personally in email bvampatella@yahoo.com from anyone from any side of this matter.

Edited by Ben Vampatella

What I am really trying to say Spartacus is we need more people control. Specifically those who suffer from a mental illness or are just plain violent....even though those two usually go hand in hand. I don't have all the answers but perhaps a cross reference between firearm ownership and mental health records. I'm sure many will disagree with me on that one. I love my guns and wish every responsible citizen can own and enjoy theirs. But I love my children also...I have to admit the thought of all of these little kids getting shot really bothers me. From what I understand all of the firearms used in the Portland and Connecticut murders were stolen.

Edited by t165

Did anybody happen to record the nbc footage on their tivo or dvr? It was just at the end of the program. I'm on MST and posted minutes after the helicopter footage of the forensic team and the fed in olive drab clearing the weapon. Where would you find this footage?

Found it on youtube. Fuzzy as all hell... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_ubdjO_dRY

I'll keep trying to find a bettery copy.

source... still sucks... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8004316/ns/video/#50201917

Edited by Stryker0946
  • Like 2

I fear a shit storm brewing on this one.

Seems adult victims were not getting the desired results for the current administration.

really, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKAsHMahAxQ He had 2 hand guns on him. I may be wrong but with standard mags do they hold enough to do what he did ? It's like these scumbags want these terible things to happen. Like they get a fucking hard on about it. Prabably all at the bar hi fiving each other..... One more for gun control. Makes me sick. They spend more time talking about gun controll then making schools more secure. What if the guy thought he was a ninja and had a katana. They never run out of ammo. WTF Guard at the door with a gun would fix that. Edited by rnemhrd

Wow...I can't believe this!!! What a sick world we live in(on many levels, I wont get into it). Thoughts and prayers go out to the families of everyone involved. I would have to agree with most that harsher gun control is not the answer and that gun laws usually only affect law abiding citizens as criminals could care less. The criminals already have the guns...new legislation won't change that. Thinking another assault weapons ban would help is like thinking the war on drugs is working out...

I don't about everyone else but it seems to me like stuff is more readily available than ever!!!

Edited by raidersfan_5544
  • Like 1

Dog man I live in CT. Granted most of the state isn't pro 2a up in that wares there is a lot more support for gunrights. There's a lot of conservative and hunters farmers and even hillbillies in the north half of the state. The coast is mostly hippie koolaid drinkers. It a tragedy what happened today. I will keep all the families and those they lost in my prayers.

• Like 1

I cannot offer any consol to folks. I saw a woman today, that was so upset, she waas hsaking and couldnt be calmed. a lot like my mother.

this is more serious than you all realise. something must be done, folks

The thought of some sick fuck pointing a gun at a child turns me inside out. The absolute horror those parents must be going through is unimaginable to me. I keep picturing my kids in that school trying to hide from that monster. To me the guns laws have to be strengthened and enforced in the area of keeping firearms out of the hands of those who are mentally ill or have proved themselves unworthy or firearm possession due to past violent criminal behavior. My experience as a police officer always seemed to center around these two types of individuals when violents acts were committed with firearms. Good honest folks will have to pay yet again for nutjobs and dirtbag criminals.

This may get many members on this forum down on me but facts are facts. There are many individuals currently in law enforcement at all levels who are currently on depression meds. When a prospective officer applies for a job they are asked if they take meds or have ever suffered from depression. Some lie. Some don't develop depression/bipolar/anxiety conditions until after they are hired. Some agencies may have stricter rules than others but I personally know officers who wear a gun and take prozac, zoloft, paxil,...ect. None of the law enforcement agencies I know of require a police officer to disclose his medical information to them after they are initially hired. Most would not anyway. With many of the medical disclosure laws enacted today it may even be next impossible for law enforcement agencies to obtain the records. A large percentage of returning soldiers suffer from these problems and some find their way into law enforcement jobs. I'm not saying they will all go crazy and shoot up a school but just because a individual wears a unifrom does not mean they are not on meds for depression, anxiety, or other symptoms. Suicides rates for police officers are generally considered the highest of any other profession. The military is ranked fairly high also. I am a past police officer and I hate to say it but police officers who take medication for these type of symptoms should not be on duty...but many are. Mental illness and guns simply do not mix well.

Hey genious, he stole the guns, isn't there a law for that?

THE ONLY WAY TO STOP A SHOOTER IS FOR SOMEONE TO SHOOT BACK.

I cannot offer any consol to folks. I saw a woman today, that was so upset, she waas hsaking and couldnt be calmed. a lot like my mother.

this is more serious than you all realise. something must be done, folks

Like change human nature? Nothing can eliminate these things, just a reality.

wow.. NBC just reported that the shooter had KNOWN mental health issues. KNOWN.

Yes, and he also stole the guns from his parents. Therefore the only obvious solution at this point is to ban and confiscate all scary guns because they can be stolen from you and used by bad guyz.

What America is best at today: fitting square pegs through round holes as a solution to a one-in-a-million disaster that could have only been prevented by having us all live in a 24/7 police state.

Where is Obama's dry-eye tears for all the young Americans being gunned down, stabbed, and beaten to death EVERY FUCKING DAY in his home town of Chicago and across the US? Most of them are children. Not a shit given about any of them.

Only time they pretend to give a shit is when it A. happens with a gun, and B. happens in soccer mom suburbia.

Edited by mancat
  • Like 2

what i have caught over today, is that as gun owners, we should stand stout and true. or else. that is all, friends.

edit - we must be strong and resolute. times are tough

Edited by Ben Vampatella