The news even convinced my wife that he was using a FA rifle. They also said that the previous AWB actually curbed gun violence. Fucking lying pieces of shit.

@ Tony... I guess I technically am an atheist as well, but that doesn't mean I'm running off to the liberal side. I never understand why people affiliate themselves with a party that is so completely fucked up. No offense intended, but do you actually believe the lies they spew?

Edited by hdskumm

Ya the assault rifle is not what is dangerous here its fucked up youth and society not knowing how to handle them. attack the fucking mental health department on not keeping tabs on their crazzies.

No assault rifle was involved. The only thing involved was a long rifle and two pistols.

An assault rifle is a select-fire (either fully automatic or burst capable) rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine. It is not to be confused with assault weapons.[1] Assault rifles are the standard service rifles in most modern armies. Assault rifles are categorized in between light machine guns, which are intended more for sustained automatic fire in a light support role, and submachine guns, which fire a pistol cartridge rather than a rifle cartridge.

Don't fall for the anti-gun crowds rhetoric..

This is something I (being a CA resident) have been preaching about for years! We here on the Saiga forums do not own "assault rifles" (not without the proper stamps, some here might have them), and I have been saying this to folks for some time. Those folks that live in "free states" have laughed at what I am trying to say(not all have), but hell now you see the concern I have, if all states wind up like CA or worse!

The news even convinced my wife that he was using a FA rifle. They also said that the previous AWB actually curbed gun violence. Fucking lying pieces of shit.

@ Tony... I guess I technically am an atheist as well, but that doesn't mean I'm running off to the liberal side. I never understand why people affiliate themselves with a party that is so completely fucked up. No offense intended, but do you actually believe the lies they spew?

The last peak in school shootings occured right smack dab in the middle of the AWB's time.

im in ca as well it sucks. an assault weapon is a weapon the has select fire between full auto or a burst fire setting..not semi auto.

That is why I have been a proponent of using proper terms on an open forum(that anti gun folks read to enforce their false propaganda), I do not refer to my semi auto Saiga rifle as an "assault rifle" or even an AK47, it is not!

A tough road we have to go on now. It will get tougher if the knee jerk responses continue!

Two words. Executive Order... Like when all Norinco was banned, what is to say that our "quasi-dictator" can not simply sign an order stating no more importation of foreign made ammunition, firearms, and parts. I really do not trust that man. In fact I am somewhat pissed that gun control did not have a bigger role in the presidential debates. Gun control lost the election for the democrats after Clinton when the majority of traditional democrat voting union workers were afraid of having their guns taken away after Clinton passed the first ban. This time, very little was said, and Obama won. We know his intentions, and he has nothing to lose at this point. He will wait until he is sworn it for his re-election. Then the hammer will fall.

If anyone is independently wealthy, I would like to talk to you about buying an island and starting our own nation. I can pick coconuts, reload ammo, fish, hunt, and work on firearms for the mortgage on my hut.

Two words. Executive Order... Like when all Norinco was banned, what is to say that our "quasi-dictator" can not simply sign an order stating no more importation of foreign made ammunition, firearms, and parts.

He can stop the imports via EO. Courts ruled that Clinton was well within the law, being he based it on China's "humanitarian policy". The ban was part of the sanctions he slapped China with. If he was to try to ban the Russian imports, he'd have to have an airtight reason. I think Vladimir would be the last person Benghazi Barry wants to piss off right now. We are basically keeping Tulammo and WPA afloat.

Now if Obama was to try an outright ban on what we already have via EO, it would open up a Constitutional can of worms that would bury him. Even Mark Levin has said Obama doesn't want to push that button.....his team is on standby, ready to challenge any ban proposed.