I was looking around at pre ban AK prices and found this. Did'nt know it existed. Looks fishy. Why the plug holes from conversion and other safty detents? http://www.gunbroker...m=321699522#PIC Living in NY it may be worth the extra coin, sell the rifles I have and get a couple pre-ban if the price was reasonable enough. Tired of the tip toeing shit.

Edited by rnemhrd

I am pretty sure that NY is a copy of the old federal law, pre 94 is specified for US made weapons, ie ARs, MINI-14 and mags. for AKs to be consider pre-ban they had to have been imported prior to 1989.

The pre-94 status would still be a benefit to NY'ers, as it would exempt it from our state's ridiculous AWB. That is still a "pre-ban" AK, in regards to NY law. Being that it's not pre-89 just means that it has to be 922r compliant.

So to have an AKM without cutting its nuts off. (pinning crap so it does'nt work) it should be pre 89', or is pre 94' ok ? In NY... I think I want pay the cash for one but want it to be 100% working. Not a compliant POS. Worth the coin I think. I would sell my WASR so it would'nt be so bad. I'm sure I could get what I paid. Something I plan on doing in late spring or so. I doe'nt think Berry can move that fast.

Edited by rnemhrd

Is this for real?

I wanna know if pix 11 and 13 are for real?

that was part of the issue with it being a converted sporting model. $899. for a pre ban saiga and nobody wanted it??? Guess it was'nt worth it. Edited by rnemhrd

So to have an AKM without cutting its nuts off. (pinning crap so it does'nt work) it should be pre 89', or is pre 94' ok ? In NY... I think I want pay the cash for one but want it to be 100% working. Not a compliant POS. Worth the coin I think. I would sell my WASR so it would'nt be so bad. I'm sure I could get what I paid. Something I plan on doing in late spring or so. I doe'nt think Berry can move that fast.

In NY, if you want to be able to have a folding/telescoping stock, bayo lug, and accessible threads on your AK, it just needs to be pre-94. But it still needs to be 922r compliant, since it is post-89.

But, while having to meet compliance is complete bullshit in my opinion............I wouldn't necessarily say that a ban-compliant AK is a "POS".

In NY, if you want to be able to have a folding/telescoping stock, bayo lug, and accessible threads on your AK, it just needs to be pre-94. But it still needs to be 922r compliant, since it is post-89.

But, while having to meet compliance is complete bullshit in my opinion............I wouldn't necessarily say that a ban-compliant AK is a "POS".

POS was quite the wrong term, P.I.T.A is what I ment. Wires got crossed. It's is a pain in the ass here for sure. Thats the only reason I jumped in the contest for that folder. A solid reason to buy a pre ban AKM and find some help putting it on if it was in my skill range. I thought that price was with in reason and did'nt know there were pre ban Saigas, buy need to do some homework as you can see.

POS was quite the wrong term, P.I.T.A is what I ment. Wires got crossed. It's is a pain in the ass here for sure. Thats the only reason I jumped in the contest for that folder. A solid reason to buy a pre ban AKM and find some help putting it on if it was in my skill range. I thought that price was with in reason and did'nt know there were pre ban Saigas, buy need to do some homework as you can see.

I understand.

Have you thought about just getting a standard "sporter" Saiga, and then converting it? That's what I did. It's already NY compliant, so it was easy.

^^ Dressed one in Russian Red. After my S12 it was a piece of cake. Thinking of doing the gas block and FBS to add a cleaning rod and correct handguard retainer. If I do the 74 24mm fbs I may as well do the gas block too for the extra $60. Should just line right up as long as it's a 90 degree 74,100 style from what I have seen. I have a WASR 10/63 also. Just thinking a pre ban with a folder would be like a vintage car. I doe'nt have anything collectable so that would be it.

Edited by rnemhrd

^^ Dressed one in Russian Red. After my S12 it was a piece of cake. Thinking of doing the gas block and FBS to add a cleaning rod and correct handguard retainer. If I do the 74 24mm fbs I may as well do the gas block too for the extra $60. Should just line right up as long as it's a 90 degree 74,100 style from what I have seen. I have a WASR 10/63 also. Just thinking a pre ban with a folder would be like a vintage car. I doe'nt have anything collectable so that would be it.

Gotcha.