one other question- anybody tried a Rock river arms? the tend to rate very highly around these parts

I've got a RRA upper on one of my builds. It's their 20" coyote upper and is heavy, but easily sub MOA. Been thinking about their other uppers as well. Shoots flawlessly and is a quality product. The only "complaint" is that it's pretty tight to get on and off the lower. But for what I was building, I kind of see that as a plus in many ways.

Palmetto State Armory makes good stuff I hear too. Very inexpensive (I picked up an upper less BCG and Charging handle for $300). They are swamped right now as are many AR companies, so I would recommend making up your mind soon because you will likely wait for it to arrive. Though I got in with PSA's Christmas offer and it shipped in 2 business days of being ordered. I say "I hear" it's good because I haven't been able to shoot mine yet, but happy with first impressions.

Edited by mizombiekilla
  • Like 1

Colt is the only provider of M4s to both the US military and civilian market. There are other makers that make ARs that are just as good or better, not many though. Daniel Defense, Noveske, LaRue, Bravo Company, maybe a few others.

I herd a rumor that Colt lost the contract to Daniel Defense. Not sure how true it is though. May just be that. A rumor.

thanks for all the input guys. i tried to find a colt at my local shop today. Gigantic store, probably about 2000+ firearms, and not a single colt. place was swamped. they showed me the RRA lar-15, (two stage match trigger, free float chrome moly barrel,flip up sights, quad rail,and oversized safety), and said its nearly the same as colt, your just not "paying for the ponies" not sure how true that is, i'll check more into it this week. glad to see colt still makes a few good things

thinking also about getting a lower from daniel defense or maybe palmetto or stag also. something to build up by myself over time.

on a side note, between bcg's, charging handles and brakes/hiders, i had no idea how much stuff was out there. and i thought saigas were bad!

thanks again

Colt is the only provider of M4s to both the US military and civilian market. There are other makers that make ARs that are just as good or better, not many though. Daniel Defense, Noveske, LaRue, Bravo Company, maybe a few others.

I herd a rumor that Colt lost the contract to Daniel Defense. Not sure how true it is though. May just be that. A rumor.

Remington got the most recent contract. Pretty sure they lost it before actually delivering any rifles. Daniel Defense has a contract to supply some of the parts for the Mk18.

• Like 1

on a side note, between bcg's, charging handles and brakes/hiders, i had no idea how much stuff was out there. and i thought saigas were bad!

I was into ARs first and then one day at the range a buddy of mine pulled out a converted S12...I shot it and my wallet has yet to recover. LOL

Feel free to ask any questions you have...

• Like 1

thinking also about getting a lower from daniel defense or maybe palmetto or stag also. something to build up by myself over time.

Good luck on finding a DD lower. They don't sell them as a stand-alone product, unfortunately. You're only bet is to find someone who bought a complete DD and is getting rid of their lower.

I've searched high and low for a stripped DD lower and haven't found any for sale over the years. Aside from DD's quality rep, my name is Dan, so I've wanted a Daniel Defense lower for quite some time.bad_smile.gif

• Like 2

Remington got the most recent contract. Pretty sure they lost it before actually delivering any rifles. Daniel Defense has a contract to supply some of the parts for the Mk18.

Thanks for the clarification.

thanks for all the input guys. i tried to find a colt at my local shop today. Gigantic store, probably about 2000+ firearms, and not a single colt. place was swamped. they showed me the RRA lar-15, (two stage match trigger, free float chrome moly barrel,flip up sights, quad rail,and oversized safety), and said its nearly the same as colt, your just not "paying for the ponies" not sure how true that is, i'll check more into it this week. glad to see colt still makes a few good things

thanks again

Get a Rock River. They are damn good rifles.

• Like 1