So I went to the gun store today....

Well for starters, last night I went to the house of the owner of my local gun store to install a new operator for his garage door. Of course the topic of the recent shit mess was on both our tongues and even moreso since he has two 5 yr old twin boys. After completing the task I was there for I told him he didnt owe me anything, as he has always taken care of me in terms of guns purchases, and trade in values over the last few years since he got his FFL. Ive been doing business with him since he first opened and before he had his FFL. Well he asked me if there was any rifles I was interested in that he had in his shop. I laughed and told him several. Then on a serious note I have been eyeing a Saiga 7.62x39 he had on the wall for a long ass time, and told him about it. He told me he would hang on to it and give me a good deal on it for when I came in the next time. Well I kept my end of the bargain and brought him some new remotes for his door operators and gave them to him this morning. He told me that he did still have the rifle and had put it aside in the back room this morning when he opened up shop and asked if Id like to see it.

Heres where it blew my mind. When he went and got the rifle, I was playing with it, and just had to have it. The price tag was listed for 509 flat +tax and NICS. Well he brought up the little thing he mentioned last night and to my suprise told me he would let me have it for 375!! 027.gif And thats not even the coolest part. This dude being the nice guy he is, also told me that he will transfer the gun to me now, and let me pay him later. I was floored. I trust this man and I know that he does trust me or wouldnt have done so. He even told me that I didnt have to pay him anything now, just the NICS. I threw him 75 bucks and bought two boxes of ammo and even more to my suprise, the 10 rd. mag was missing in the box, so he went and threw in a 30 round tapco mag free of charge. 027.gif One hell of a cool gun shop owner, and a fellow friend. Its good to have friends in places like this fellas.

His place was packed and only open for a tad over an hour, and had already sold 4 AR-15's, 3 AK's and several bolt guns and handguns. lol.

Now here are the pics.

post-32793-0-07023200-1355610344_thumb.jpg

Im not sure what this marking is though.

post-32793-0-86460600-1355610425_thumb.jpg

Its an '06 marked.

post-32793-0-95867900-1355610389_thumb.jpg

Went out today with my younger brother and put 60 rds through it strait outta the box, 145 shells through the Vepr-12, and 250 rds, through the SGL31. Good day today.

• Like 18

I have the same "ROSJAGN" marking on my 22" saiga m-series. Turn yours over and see if yours is also an M series. If so, like mine, it has the 1.5mm receiver, three lug bolt, and thicker barrel. The izhmash website shows M-series in your style. My wood was darker than yours, but with a refinsh and tung oil, now looks just like yours. I have a thumbhole stock though.

My 22" with Golden Tiger outshot my dads 20" Vepr.

Edited by mostholycerebus
  • Like 1

After checkin it out on the box it is a IZ-133. So no M series. But for the price I dont give a shit. lol. The certificate is giving it a 3.5" group. The only downside is that now I have to get mags and ammo and parts. These things are a fucking disease. But the kind I dont mind having. cool.png

Thats a gun I need to get too. I always loved the SKS. I had one for a very breif time and traded it off back when I was 19 and before I knew what it was and really appreciated it. Thanks Pony. It'd be nice if more gun shop owners were like this.

After checkin it out on the box it is a IZ-133. So no M series. But for the price I dont give a shit. lol. The certificate is giving it a 3.5" group. The only downside is that now I have to get mags and ammo and parts. These things are a fucking disease. But the kind I dont mind having. cool.png

very nice rifle, M series has the slant cut receiver

Thanks guys. And dont worry, I never forget to pay someone when I give them my word. I wouldnt want to be done that way and I sure as hell wouldnt do it to someone else. It will be a shame to convert it, but its going to be done. lol. Just a bit down the road after I get mags situated for it.

The barrel length is what sold me on it. Been wanting one for a while and everyone was sold out of them for a reasonable price. Guess my patience paid off.

I ended up getting into the Vepr for the barrel length I always wanted in a Saiga, and could never seem to find. So understand where you are coming from.

• Like 1