Krebs A2 flash hider

Saw a guy with an AR with no muzzle device at the range. I was surprised by how large the fireball was compared to my buddy's with an A2 hider. Having seen this I've decided that i definitely needed something on my saiga.

Has anyone tried Kreb's M16A2 Type Flash Suppressor on their saiga 223? Here's the link

http://www.krebscustom.com/PartsPages/KalashnikovParts.shtml#TRIGGERPLATE

It's right above the triggerplate and yes, i know i will need to thread my barrel.

I'd just go with a $10 A2 "birdcage" style flash hider. Everyone makes them. I think you can even find the Tapco versions for around $8 or something. You don't need and AK version, as you don't have a plunger with a stock Saiga. If you use an AR version (which have flat spots for tightening), you simply but it up against the Saiga shroud or use a "crush washer/bushing" if you need to time it (you'll need to do that ONLY if you use a version with solid bottom, not slots all around).

Forgot to add.. just make sure you match your threading with whichever FH you get.

Edited by Brian M1

It's

I'd just go with a $10 A2 "birdcage" style flash hider. Everyone makes them. I think you can even find the Tapco versions for around $8 or something. You don't need and AK version, as you don't have a plunger with a stock Saiga. If you use an AR version (which have flat spots for tightening), you simply but it up against the Saiga shroud or use a "crush washer/bushing" if you need to time it (you'll need to do that ONLY if you use a version with solid bottom, not slots all around).

Forgot to add.. just make sure you match your threading with whichever FH you get.

I was looking at this one because it has a closed bottom. Should let me shoot prone without kicking up dust and it's 14x1lh thread so i should be good to go.

It's

I was looking at this one because it has a closed bottom. Should let me shoot prone without kicking up dust and it's 14x1lh thread so i should be good to go.

True.. if you're looking to do prone shooting, you'll probably want a closed bottom. In that case, it will have to be "timed" with either a crush washer or using a plunger (which will require significant work to a Saiga FSB, or swapping the entire FSB out for one with a plunger).

It's

True.. if you're looking to do prone shooting, you'll probably want a closed bottom. In that case, it will have to be "timed" with either a crush washer or using a plunger (which will require significant work to a Saiga FSB, or swapping the entire FSB out for one with a plunger).

Lazy me will try crush washers first. Will let everyone know how it turns out once i get it on.