Tried to go to a local gun show today

Emphasize tried.

Huge parking lot was full. No spots available.

A line a people five deep stretched for over 100 yards from the front doors and this was an hour

after opening. I can only image what it was like inside the Expo center.

I never got out of my truck. Just drove to the exit and headed home.

Fortunately I really didn't need anything I can't get online and was just going for the hell of it.

Doubt I will attempt another show for a long time.

I feel your pain. last week i attended the medina show. it was an uncomfortable experience. yesterday went to the summit co. show. waited until 1:00pm. was very busy.

prices were what i would consider high, for most things. saw many saiga products. lowest s12 i found was 620.00 several .410 in the 440.00 range. the trip was worth it for me. as i was able to get three more steyr enblock clips 5.00ea. some hard to find medical supplies. polish AK bayo in perfect condition 20.00. steel AK 40rd mags were 18.00 so i purchased one to try it out.

I know better than to arrive when they open the doors in the morning. medina was so full. you could hardly talk with the dealers.

I'm curious- Do you think it's more panic buying or people seeking self-defense in your area?

I know out by me, it's been about a 50/50 split lately. About half of the people that flock to the shows and shops are worried about a new AWB, while the other half are worried about the future and are just buying their first firearms.

honestly i am not sure. first timers do seem to be way up. i'm judging that by what i see at the local in door range. the FFL dealers at these shows were VERY busy. most had extra help on hand to assist with the paperwork. I noticed that the private sales that I saw, folks are much more careful in complying with the law. checking drivers licenses and asking questions.

I'm curious- Do you think it's more panic buying or people seeking self-defense in your area?

Hard to say as I never even got out of my truck. But based on past shows I am thinking panic buying was a major factor.

I never remember seeing this kind of crowd, even after Barry won the first time.

I have to believe that the events of the past few days are influencing peoples actions.

Really sucks for those of us who enjoy the sport.

Sucks for long time firearms owners lookin for a traiditonal fun day of looking and buying guns, ammo, and related items. But, it's a great thing for the 2nd Ammendment. The more gun owners out the there the less likely Pres. Barry and his minions will be successful in taking our 2nd Ammendment rights away from us.

Hell that's normal for the Syracuse NY gunshow. They have busses to truck people to the door. If I get there an hour before the doors open, I'll still have probably 50 folks in front of me, but the parking will be closer. LOL

There will be 300+ in line before the doors open and it takes hours for the line outside to die down. Doors open at 9 by noon it's asses to elbows, shoulder to shoulder.

Hell that's normal for the Syracuse NY gunshow. They have busses to truck people to the door. If I get there an hour before the doors open, I'll still have probably 50 folks in front of me, but the parking will be closer. LOL

There will be 300+ in line before the doors open and it takes hours for the line outside to die down. Doors open at 9 by noon it's asses to elbows, shoulder to shoulder.

Gun shows in NY? does bloomturd know about this?

• Like 1

Sucks for long time firearms owners lookin for a traiditonal fun day of looking and buying guns, ammo, and related items. But, it's a great thing for the 2nd Ammendment. The more gun owners out the there the less likely Pres. Barry and his minions will be successful in taking our 2nd Ammendment rights away from us.

I hope you are right liberty but i fear just the opposite.

How many of these panic buyers will exercise proper safety protocol? I'm concerned that many have no experience with firearms beyond the video games they play.

If there is a sudden rash of accidental shootings due to mishandling it could ad fuel to the already raging anti-gun fire.

I would love to be more optimistic about the future of our rights but my optimism is in short supply these days.

Edited by DaveM

How many of these panic buyers will exercise proper safety protocol? I'm concerned that many have no experience with firearms beyond the video games they play.

If there is a sudden rash of accidental shootings due to mishandling it could ad fuel to the already raging anti-gun fire.

I would love to be more optimistic about the future of our rights but my optimism is in short supply these days.

That is exactly my concern as well. I think it's great that people are coming around, but I've heard way too many people talking about buying and immediately carrying a handgun. Not to be sexist, but I especially worry about all the ladies getting into it now. Most are completely new to the world of firearms and don't have a clue what to do.

Fortunately, several local gun shops and ranges in my area have stepped up and started women's CCW classes as well as "Ladie's Night" at the range. Props to them- ownership is only half the battle.

• Like 1

That is exactly my concern as well. I think it's great that people are coming around, but I've heard way too many people talking about buying and immediately carrying a handgun. Not to be sexist, but I especially worry about all the ladies getting into it now. Most are completely new to the world of firearms and don't have a clue what to do.

Fortunately, several local gun shops and ranges in my area have stepped up and started women's CCW classes as well as "Ladie's Night" at the range. Props to them- ownership is only half the battle.

Personally, I'm more worried about every newly licensed 16yr old, hitting the road for the first time. Lots more of them, and more likely to have an accident.

Edited by liberty -r- death

Personally, I'm more worried about every newly licensed 16yr old, hitting the road for the first time. Lots more of them, and more likely to have an accident.

Excellent point! It was interesting to see the statistics RIA shared on their Facebook page. Intentional shootings were the lowest cause of death, with accidental shootings being the second lowest. Vehicular accidents were waaaay the hell up at the top of the list.