time to write to your congressmen and protest this. Don't think it can't happen. That's what everyone thought when the AWB was passed in the first place. lets get facts out there, and not let these idiots ruin america and our way of life as sheepdogs

• Like 1

I hate to say this, but writing congress will be fruitless. I predict Mao will use an EO to restrict gun rights.

I agree brother. Congress wont do shit. They didnt do shit when Panetta told them that they dont need their approval to take military action, nor have they done shit about F&F. Its safe to say they wont do shit about this either. EO is obummers best friend and currently the way he's been putting things into power.

• Like 1

I watched the whole thing:

Seems like he is undecided on his position. He said "we can't let this happen again", and that he would use the power of his office to contact mental health groups and law enforcement.

He hinted at some things, which allow him a year from now to say it was all his idea.. Or he was totally against it.

He is stating action yet not really doing anything about it.. I'll bet the action will be some sweeping ban that won't pass. That way the next mass shooting he can pass off the blame. (Honestly its genius, in a terrible way).

I watched the whole thing:

Seems like he is undecided on his position. He said "we can't let this happen again", and that he would use the power of his office to contact mental health groups and law enforcement.

He hinted at some things, which allow him a year from now to say it was all his idea.. Or he was totally against it.

He is stating action yet not really doing anything about it.. I'll bet the action will be some sweeping ban that won't pass. That way the next mass shooting he can pass off the blame. (Honestly its genius, in a terrible way).

I wouldn't call it genius. It's his usual scripted (by someone else) MO. This guy cannot take responsibility for anything, except Navy Seals killing Bin Laden . Just look at the last 4 years.

Did anyone else notice just how fake Obama'a tears were in his previous speech? Tear ducts are on the inner eye. He kept wiping his outer eyelid as if he was catching a tear before it dropped. Unless he has some type of strange deformity, he was flat out fake crying on national TV. Makes me sick.

• Like 2

Did anyone else notice just how fake Obama'a tears were in his previous speech? Tear ducts are on the inner eye. He kept wiping his outer eyelid as if he was catching a tear before it dropped. Unless he has some type of strange deformity, he was flat out fake crying on national TV. Makes me sick.

Im not so sure hes completely, all out faking the sympathy he is attempting to express. We all know he has kids, and just like anyone else with kids, this horrible atrocity hits a nerve of awful sentiment. I dont think he is only using this as a reason to take our guns, I do think he wants to stop this kind of thing. Although, being advised and surrounded by fucking morons (and himself not living in the real world), it will most certainly be 'resolved' in the wrong way. Lets just hope its not a way that leaves others vulnerable to the same tragedy.

Focus on mental health and stability as to make these acts less frequent, cool. Focus on the inanimate machines in which some acts are committed yet also defended by, completely irresponsible and arrogant to the common man. Lets hope they keep to the mental illness side of the argument, or is that too much to ask nowadays?

I managed to watch the whole thing, surprisingly. He is so full of it. Not an ounce of sincerity in his voice or mannerisms. His "emotional pauses" were so forced you can tell they were cues in his speech binder.

I managed to watch the whole thing, surprisingly. He is so full of it. Not an ounce of sincerity in his voice or mannerisms. His "emotional pauses" were so forced you can tell they were cues in his speech binder.

Did you notice the large font when he turned the page, looked like it was written for a two year old.

Edited by Dad2142Dad

It's a mental illness issue that needs to be focused on. What happened to the facilities that these type of people could have 24/7 care and watch?

Oh, that's right the Govt shut them down and let them roam the streets popping pills so they can try to be normal.

There going to use this tragedy to the full extent for their Liberal agenda. When they need to FOCUS ON THE MENTAL ILLNESS SIDE OF IT, which was mentioned in an earlier post.

Edited by MfWiC

It's a mental illness issue that needs to be focused on. What happened to the facilities that these type of people could have 24/7 care and watch?

Oh, that's right the Govt shut them down and let them roam the streets popping pills so they can try to be normal.

There going to use this tragedy to the full extent for their Liberal agenda. When they need to FOCUS ON THE MENTAL ILLNESS SIDE OF IT, which was mentioned in an earlier post.

You may not like the answer, but they were cut as part of public health budget slashing that took part under Reagan's admin. http://sociology.org...4/thomas_d.html

Will you support new taxes to re-enstate institutionalization? Do you even support the idea of involuntary institutionalization?

People want fixes, either gun bans or mental health reforms. One is preferred over the other by government; gun bans are a one-time feel-good commitment and don't have to measure up to any standards of success.Either one is going to cost all of us money and cost people a part of their freedom.

Edited by mancat

Well I would rather see mentally disturbed people locked up. Without acsess to violent movies & video games.

Back when I was a kid I don't remember all the violent movies that are on everyday. Hell, I didn't even have video games where you can shoot & blow the world up.

Now all the guns that I was going to get just skyrocketed overnight. Great

I guess I should be thankful for the ones I have.

If I'm allowed to keep them without a fire fight.

On a side note where is this kids father at???????

Edited by MfWiC

Well I would rather see mentally disturbed people locked up. Without acsess to violent movies & video games.

Back when I was a kid I don't remember all the violent movies that are on everyday. Hell, I didn't even have video games where you can shoot & blow the world up.

Now all the guns that I was going to get just skyrocketed overnight. Great

I guess I should be thankful for the ones I have.

If I'm allowed to keep them without a fire fight.

On a side note where is this kids father at???????

Picking the 2nd Amendment over the 1st Amendment (or vice-versa) is not okay.

To most people violent movies and games are a harmless outlet for any aggressive behavior.

Eliminating "Gun Free" zones is the only constructive piece of legislation that will do anything. Look at Utah's lead on this.

Mental illness is a slippery slope as checkboxes for 'desires to own firearms' equals a negative state-of-mind that instantly prohibits ownership of firearms. Plus I am willing to bet that everyone has been depressed at some point in their lives.

I am really happy to see a local school district (butler,pa) deciding to have an armed guard in all of the districts schools, k-12. They are all retired state police officers hired as security guards and will carry a side arm. its not much but its a start. Id much rather have them than not. One armed guard has the ability to put a stop to a shooting, and thats much better than nothing.

• Like 2

I'll say one thing about becoming a senior citizen (as much as 99% of it pisses me off) it does give a more realistic view of things.

(1st) what in the hell possesed that kids mom to keep a Bushmaster or for that matter any weapon in the house with her mentally ill son.

(2nd) If one of the teachers had been well trained and allowed the right to carry in the school, - well who knows - bad, but maybe not so bad.

Bottom line is that if that scenario had played out, this unspeakable tragedy would have been on a smaller scale and everybody would have been rejoicing that the laws in this country made it possible for a privet citizen to diffuse an extreme situation (albiet, at the cost of their own life,--- maybe)

As far as what happens know, - who knows? I know that the laws and gun freedoms that we now enjoy are probably going to change.

How long it takes for congress to enact that remains to be seen, but I think that something has happened here that even the NRA will be hard pressed to squash.

The smart move I guess would be to support the NRA with $$$ to fight this although my personal opinion is that we will just be prolonging the enevitable.

What the enevitable is? Well, ----- we will just have to wait and see. -- And through my tears, I pray that those poor innocents may rest in peace.

They were senselessly killed by a crazy person that was given the tools to do it. If his mom had not foolishly bought those weapons, who knows, then he might have torched the school and the body count may have been worse, -- horrible thought, ----but who knows.

I'll say one thing about becoming a senior citizen (as much as 99% of it pisses me off) it does give a more realistic view of things.

What the enevitable is? Well, ----- we will just have to wait and see. -- And through my tears, I pray that those poor innocents may rest in peace.

They were senselessly killed by a crazy person that was given the tools to do it. If his mom had not foolishly bought those weapons, who knows, then he might have torched the school and the body count may have been worse, -- horrible thought, ----but who knows.

What I take away from all of this is:

1) understand your environment and the environment you create/alter with guns

2) secure your environment (guns)